January 12 - Art Journaling Diary

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Challenges' started by Sokee, Jan 12, 2021.

1. DraeScraps

DraeScraps Active Member

Sokee likes this.
  2. pearkat

pearkat Well-Known Member

3. breeoxd

breeoxd Well-Known Member

LOVED this challenge! The notebook will get a lot of use from me:
    [​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  4. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

Thank you for this fun challenge. Here's my LO.
    [​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

6. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

I'm in awe of so many of these pages! My take on it is quite simple in comparison, but I'm okay with that!
    [​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  7. crazycat1126

crazycat1126 Well-Known Member

This was fun and I love the way it turned out, but honestly, I'm glad it's out of the way, too! :rollin

[​IMG]

Sokee and melidy like this.
  8. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

I'm Finally Here To Post My Day#12 Layout!...I've Already Finished Day#'s 13/14/15...This Challenge Was A Hard One For Me...Well I Thought It Would Be...It Was Hard For Me To Come Up With The Story Idea For This Art Journaling Diary Challenge!...It Took A Few Days & A Lot Of Thought To Come Up With What I Now Have As A Finished Layout!...So Much Thought! That I've Finished All These Other Challenges!...But Still 2 Days Behind Though!...Ultimately This Layout Took A Long To Come Up With & It Took A Long Time To Create & Complete!...But I Am Happy...However...With How The Finished Layout Looks!...And I Am Really Happy With How The Journaling Came Out & How It Looks In The Layout...But I'm Really Glad It Is Now Done!...I Wasn't Sure There For Awhile If I Was Ever Gonna Get This One Done!...LOL!...& Now I Can Finally Move On To Day#16!...

*For My Reflections On MOC9 Layout-I Used:

*Things To Try-Little Butterfly Wings
    *Mixed Media Monthly-December 2020-Dents & Scratches-Little Butterfly Wings/Lynn Grieveson/Paula Kesselring/Rachel Jefferies
    *Mixed Media Monthly-January 2021-When Nobody Is Watching-Little Butterfly Wings
    *Look Deep Into Nature Vol.1-Rachel Jefferies

[​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  9. Coady

Coady Well-Known Member

Thanks for the freebie and the fun challenge!

[​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  10. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Barbs, I m trying to catch up and short in time, but I noticed my avatar isn't showing in the menu together with yours, which would mean I did post my page here.....
    BUT
    it can be because I have been changing browsers, so, better safe than sorry, apologies if this is a double post!!!
    The drawing is mine, even though I think unconsciously I channeled Jane whatever her name is that I keep seeing all over the place when I search for aj doll LOL
    [​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  11. bjthomas

bjthomas We will rock you!

Remembering moments/dates in history...
    [​IMG]
    (journaling in the gallery)
    1. October 3, 1995
    2. August 31, 1997
    3. October 13, 2016
    4. September 11, 2001
    5. January 6, 2021

Sokee likes this.
  12. chai

chai Love to make a racket!

Finally, a page I've been meaning to get done!

[​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  13. tammybean004

tammybean004 Well-Known Member

14. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

Fun challenge, thanks for the notebook. The layouts created here are amazing!
    [​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  15. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

16. elwaechter

elwaechter Dances with Fairies

17. nhudao

nhudao Well-Known Member

18. adriablack

adriablack Well-Known Member

Here's my take. Thanks for the challenge and thanks Kim for the awesome notebook!
    [​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  19. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

20. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

Here is mine... WAY too many hours spent and Not even sure I like it....

What it says...
    Chris called on Friday to let me know he had made Lemon sorbet with the lemons I sent at Christmas time and said he wished he had more.... I realized that Bill had a tree full that he was looking for a home for. So it was arranged that I would go over Saturday morning to get some to send to Alaska.

Headed to Bills a little after noon, returned home with the lemons packaged them up and it was off to the PO to mail them! That done I popped into a couple of stores looking for a blanket I was interested in getting.

Ended up at TJ MAXX where they were having their annual clearance sale... the tables full of sale things went on forever! Spent a few hours shopping there.... Could not believe I spent the whole $100 GC Teana gave me , plus another $13 out of my pocket... So many Great deals! They rarely have a sale.

Todays Challenge at The Studio was to make a snowman. My brain immediately went to a photo of Julia and Blake when they were quite young standing proudly beside one they had made... Crystal clear in my memory, I had no idea what date??? and since I have scrapped recently 1961 through 1972 I had to have put it in there, but no memory... I looked through those pages on the computer and could not see it... looked through the scanned images in the Working folder and then pulled the original albums off the shelf and went through them... Went to bed heartsick thinking I had somehow lost that photo!

Got up normal time frame... normal start to day , and decided the first thing on the days agenda needed to be a conversation with Julia since we had not talked for a few days... Had no idea if I had shared with her about getting the real vaccine??? I have been weird about disclosing this, not functioning like I normally do... Was excited to share my purchases yesterday with Teana, but have not even taken them out of the bags! Texted Julia that I was going to call in a bit, still struggling with the missing photo... Was going to pick her brain , when I realized, OMG... She has her own copies of those years... So I asked her to look in her personal albums for that image while waiting for me to be ready for our conversation... almost immediately she texted me the image I was looking for... and the date was on it. Turned out it was taken in ‘67 and I had started looking in ’68... images from ‘67 filed away in a permanent storage file... and I had just totally missed it on the page in the most recent albums where it appeared...

So now that I had the image I wanted it was time to create the page... that of course took a few hours.

I did take an hour or so to tear the garage apart and get the boxes down and ready for all the household Christmas Decor. anice called around 7 and another hour + down the drain...

Went to the computer and actually spent awhile on FB Had been around 6 weeks since I spent any time there... much to get caught up on.

Finished off the day trying to get caught up on TV... (truly a lost cause) Knitting bright yellow lemon Scrubbies so time in front of the TV is not wasted time.

Today I picked Cat up at Subaru. She took me to lunch ...outside... Temps in the low 50’s with lots of sunshine. Learned that the restaurants in town ARE offering inside dining... I had thought all restaurants were shut down to this!

Went right back home and got the inside Christmas decorations into the boxes , and ready to be put away. Before I was done with this , I got a surprise phone call from Cathy... high points of our 90 minute conversation were she and most of her family has Covid and her ex husband who has been a best friend to her for 40 years had died from it! So sad. This is the closest Covid has come to my personal circle of friends!

By now it was dark, and nap time. Then dinner of leftover portion of sandwich from lunch , then off to the computer... Today's challenge at The Lily Pad , a lengthy story journaled, is just too much for my mind right now... could not focus on what I wanted to talk about... Did finish the white page challenge at The Studio. Watched TV till 3 AM, then off to bed!

Tuesday January 12, 2021 Up a little after 9, finished watching the View from yesterday... The ladies there are well informed on current events and quite varied in their opinions... When I want the nitty gritty of the current events, I watch them... but not every day. Came to the computer to check out an item they had mentioned and got caught up in checking out challenges for today... figured to get started with this one , while my brain was still working! Planing to go to Ross and TJ Maxx later today with returns... and finish returning the house to its normal decor. There is also a pile of things I need to glue back together...need to get that done and need my mind to be clear to do it correctly!

[​IMG]

Sokee likes this.