Stay there or move it?|pad patter Jan 13,2021

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Jan 13, 2021.

1. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

After 10+ years of the living room being a certain way, I moved it about 3 years ago. I like this layout better. I was shampooing the carpets so the furniture was moved all over anyway. I just wish I had moved it sooner because the sun really faded the corner of the loveseat. That piece is now away from the window and the difference is noticeable.

2. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

My mother used to move the furniture all the time. In my new home, I rearranged the living room furniture after only one month because I was looking at a wall instead of the pond view. Other than that, the other rooms cannot be switched. There's really no other way to put things. Although, I have just rearranged my pantry. Does that count? lol.

3. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

When it was just MY room, wherever I was, I changed things a time or 2 a year. Now with my house, not so much on the big things. There are only so many ways things can go & I'm pretty happy with it.

My brother changes his place monthly it seems!

4. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Once we had kids and had to start anchoring furniture, we stopped rearranging. Now we're past that point, but I don't think we can--our furniture wouldn't work any other way. Our rooms are small enough that all furniture has to go around the perimeter, so the doors and windows dictate where the big pieces go. And then the big pieces dictate all the small pieces--I can't see DH being pleased if I decide we need a desk next to our bed instead of the night tables or try to put his chair next to the tv instead of across from it, LOL!

In the fall we did add a desk to my daughter's room and bring a small table up from the basement to put in my son's room--those are big changes in our world!

5. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

The spare bedroom often gets,a move around, because it also doubles as,a sewing / painting/craft / fitness,space, so what ever I am most into at any one time, gets priority space. My dining room furniture can not bre moved because it is to narrow, but living room gets moved now and again. I am dying to do it now,but we had a wood fire put in a couple of years ago,and it limits where other things can go.

6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

My hubby is very against changing rooms around and moving furniture so we still with the same layout and have for most of the 20 years we have lived in this house. The kids have changed rooms , but mostly it's the same.

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love to rearrange furniture. However, most of the room in our house get stuck in the same arrangement because of the way our house is laid out. We have a lot of windows and a semi-open floor plan, so there are only so many place you can put the furniture. The other thing that ties some of our rooms down is the amount of wires connected to the TV. That means the TV has to stay put and then of course ALL furniture in a TV room must face the stupid TV. Heaven forbid the TV goes off and we can talk to each other. :rofl We have a family room with the TV and a nice big living room that upon moving into our house 18 years ago I declared it the reading room and no TVs would ever be allowed. :giggle So are I've been able to keep it that way. So that room I can move furniture around pretty easily. And when we took out the carpet and refinished the pretty wood floors underneath, I put felt pads on everything and that makes it super easy to slide stuff around all by myself. :agree

8. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

our furniture is in the same spot it was 15 years ago when we moved here. LOL.

My daughter and I are going to be re-doing our dining room. We never use it except to collect stuff on the table. We have plans to replace it into a sitting area - she sold me on the fact that I could have potential clients sitting there and I sold myself on the fact that she and her brother could have friends of the opposite gender there on the main floor instead of upstairs in our rec room area - hahahaha

I have to remove the table and we need to go shopping for either a love seat and 2 chairs or 4 chairs - and a coffee table of some sorts. I plan on doing a Ruggable Mickey rug in the middle!

9. Karen

i would love to see before and after picture of this! We have a dining room that only gets used maybe 2 times a year. I already have moved my office in there and we have debated whether we should just get rid of the table and put a couch or something in there. I can’t visualize it though!

10. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Once we've arranged furniture in a house, it stays where it was put until the next time we move! That has been as long as 35 years! LOL During this current move, I tried to get us to change sides of the bed we've slept in our whole married life (51+ years) so I could be closer to the bathroom. THAT didn't even work. So I have to take a few extra steps to get to the loo in the middle of the night. LOL

11. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I'll try to remember to post it! As soon as our Christmas stuff is put away (always done on this 3 day weekend ahead of us - well we try anyway. lol), we are going to start packing away the dining room and moving it to a storage unit. I'm not ready to get rid of it yet (the table)

Karen likes this.
  12. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I think I'm in the same camp as most of you ... I used to do this all the time. For the past 5 or more years. Not so much. Things have settled.

Although I did just update my family room w/new couches, some furniture, etc. So that is new. But the layout pretty much stayed the same.

13. Karen

Make sure to tag me if you think of it! I'm totally intrigued!

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  14. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I love rearranging the furniture when I can, unfortunately my house is rather small so the way we have the furniture in each room at the moment is the best use of space. I have moved the bedrooms around numerous times though, much to my husbands delight. My son has been in each of the 3 bedrooms at some point over the last 6 years we've lived here.