January 14: Filled Style

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Challenges' started by ArmyGrl, Jan 14, 2021.

1. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Hi everyone and welcome to day 14 of MOC - FILLED STYLE !

I hope you love digital scrapbooking supplies as much as I do; because today’s challenge is to fill your page with all those digital papers, elements, bits and bobs, and fun bits! The focus of this challenge is to use many elements and papers to visually create a full page.

Filled: cause a space or container to become full or almost full.
    Full: containing or holding as much or as many as possible; having no empty space.

In this Filled Style challenge, your layout must have at least 67% (or 2/3rds) of the surface filled with a combination of paper, paper pieces and elements. This is not a photo challenge or journal challenge. Therefore, your layout must be FULL of paper pieces and elements.

For this FILLED STYLE challenge, you must:
    • Fill at least 67% (or 2/3rds) of your layout with paper/paper pieces and elements!
    For this FILLED STYLE challenge, you may:
    • Use up to three photos or go photoless. Your photos may reside in the filled space; however, your photos do not count towards the “filled” space (clarification below). Using one large photo as a background will not count as a filled layout.
    • Use as many papers as you like, but you must use at least one paper. You may use paper strips, paper pieces or papers shapes (e.g., circles, triangles, hexagons) to fill the space.
    • You may use a template. Just be sure your final layout meets the 67% (or 2/3rds) full rule. And remember, photos do not count towards the filled space.
    • Word strips and word art count as elements :agree.
    • For the mixed-media lovers, you may replace the word “elements” with ephemera.
    • You may choose to use a LARGE title to get that filled style look. Just be sure to add additional elements and/or a mix of papers to adorn the title. The same goes for cut files—you may use them, just be sure to adorn them.
    • You may add journaling. However, in the spirt of this challenge, large blocks of unadorned text will not count as a filled layout.
    • Paint, paint splatters, brushes, doodles, masks, transparent transfers and overlays may be used to fill in small areas to help create a filled look; however, they should only take up approximately 1/3 of the filled space or less. In other words, do not fill your layout with paints/brushes only.
    Note: Pocket pages are not allowed this round.

Remember: More is more! :giggle When in doubt, add more embellishments, ephemera and/or layers! This is a visual challenge—the end result should look “full.” Think opposite of “minimalism” or “clean and simple” styles. Think maximum, lots of layers, textures and depth, lots of frippery, and filled to the brim!

MOC RULES:

Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page must be posted in three places:

1. Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    2. Posted in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean.
    3. Posted in this thread. People can comment here if they wish.

Your page must contain Lilypad product (pages with photos and font only do not count). If you use product from other stores, your pages must contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

Clarification—Photos: Although photos are the heart and soul of scrapbooking, they do not count towards filling the 67% (or 2/3rds) space. Your final layout has to be full of paper/paper pieces and elements. If I “remove” your photo(s) from your layout, the layout still has to be 2/3rds full.
    CardinalsNationExample.jpg
    Clarification—clusters/clutter: I know many want photos to be front and center with little embellishment or adornment. Additionally, some have cluster-phobia! That’s okay. You can still create a “full” look with paper pieces, paper shapes or paper strips. Here is an example using a combination of paper pieces and word strips to fill space:
    AllTimeFAVsExample.jpg

Note: You are more than welcome to be a cluster queen and cluster away!

Clarification—Photo frames: You are allowed to use paper, metal, plastic and wood photo frames. You are also allowed to use various photostrips. Plain white photo frame(s) or photostrip(s) must be adorned. The key is, if I remove your photos, the photo frame(s) or photostrips stay in place filling up the layout. Remember, three photos maximum!

Here is an example using a photostrip, metal frame and paper frame.
    CouchPotatoExample.jpg
    Inspiration from the Pollys

From AnneofAlamo - filled to the brim and so full of texture! Yum! Look at how she has photos tucked behind fabric photo frames.

0 Anne's Page.jpg

From amandaresende - Yes, you can have some clean space or white space on your layout. Look at how the elements and paper bits are spread out filling the required 67%. Gorgeous!!

0 Amanda's Page.jpg

Above all, be CREATIVE and HAVE FUN!!! Good luck! :backing

crazsquaw, JenEm, umyesh and 5 others like this.
  2. ArmyGrl

This spot is reserved for questions. Have a question? Reply to this thread, please.

3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I so admire this style to look at but I’m the complete opposite (pretty
    much as simple as you can go)....you Polly’s sure know how to challenge us creatively during MOC.

bestcee, Vrielinkie and Lillyia like this.
  4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

On a more serious note @ArmyGrl would a template set like the one below work for this challenge? I have a feeling a template is what will get me through this challenge.

[​IMG]

sharonb, Trish, Dalis and 2 others like this.
  5. Isa Marks

Isa Marks Pollywog

6. ArmyGrl

Absolutely! Any of the four are great examples of filling the space with paper pieces. Good luck! Your layout will be fabulous!

7. ArmyGrl

Closer look at my layouts:

Cardinals Nation
    [​IMG]

Without photo
    MOC14_FilledStyle_CardinalsNation_nophoto.jpg

AllTimeFAVs
    [​IMG]

Without photo
    AllTimeFAVswithoutphoto.jpg

CouchPotato
    [​IMG]

Without photos
    CouchPotatoes_withoutphotos.jpg

AlyciaIN and wvsandy like this.
  8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

9. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

Oh, looks great (and a great challenge!). First looking up what 'adorned' means. My English and my scrapping are improving every MOC ;-)

Thank you for the challenge, @ArmyGrl . Here is my layout

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  10. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

you have probably googled by now but if something is 'adorned', it is basically decorated or dressed-up in some way.Like we might 'adorn' ourselves with makeup or jewels; or adorn the plain green tree with decorations at Christmas.
    I'm off for tonight but I know the gallery will be filled with 'filled style' pages when i wake up & they are my fave!

wvsandy, G.J., ArmyGrl and 4 others like this.
  12. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Woooo Hooooo Lisa!!!!! Right up my alley, haha!

Cherylndesigns and ArmyGrl like this.
  13. amandaresende

amandaresende amandaresende

it was fun!!!!!!! thanks for the challenge, friend!
    [​IMG]

mnjenlittle, lulyg14, AlannaH and 3 others like this.
  14. MlleTerraMoka

MlleTerraMoka Well-Known Member

Mine :
    [​IMG]
    A real challenge for me, that I'm a C&S style girl ;)

15. Saar

Saar Well-Known Member

Oh this was so fun!

[​IMG]

16. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

How do I NOT have this!!!!!!!!?!?!?!??!?!? Thanks for the hook up, jennifer!!!!!

Trish, bestcee, elseepe and 1 other person like this.
  17. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

OMG... this is my JAM!!!!!! I might actually scrap one in the next 18 mins before I need to connect to work!

18. ArmyGrl

In scrapping language, add lots of embellishments or elements such as stickers, flowers, tags, tape and word strips :bunny

19. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

20. ArmyGrl

I thought you might like this challenge! You’ll rock it for sure!

weaselwatchr likes this.