MOC9 - Week 2 - How Goes It?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges Nine - 2021' started by elseepe, Jan 13, 2021.

1. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Here we are winding down week 2 of MOC. It feels like the challenges got a little bit more challenging this week for me, but I am caught up for now. I struggled a bit with getting my photo for today's (Day 13) challenge, and Day 12 Diary seemed to take me all day, but I think that is because I had to interrupt my scrapping several times to take care of other tasks. And I sure am spending a lot of time going through my stash for each of these. Usually, I like to stick basically to a single kit, but that doesn't seem to be working very well for this week's challenges. But I am enjoying it.

How are you doing? Are you still having fun? Need some encouragement?

We're almost half-way!!! I can hardly wait to see what is up for each day.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Sunday evening I got home from working 12 hours delivering packages and sat down with two of my kids to relax. A few minutes later, it hit me and I said, bemusedly, "I'm about to let a day go by without making my MOC page for the first time this month!"

But I made two layouts on Monday and I'm back on track again with daily layouts. Definitely having fun. I love MOC.

rach3975 likes this.
  3. elseepe

The thought of a 12 hour day sounds exhausting. I haven’t done that in a long time. I probably would’ve fallen asleep. Awesome that you were able to catch back up.

michelepixels likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Having major problems getting "new photos" uploaded. We just moved and live in the country and don't have internet installed yet. We have a "hotspot" which works for the average thing, but it's not too reliable for uploads/downloads. Other than trying to figure out how to get things into my laptop, it's going well. A couple of times, I've had to go someplace where I could use wifi to download things - ie Kim's book yesterday. It's a real "challenge" for me.

5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I didn't get today's done yet, and tomorrow I'll be at work until really late, so I'll probably be a couple behind. But, I have a 4 day weekend!! I'll get caught up again then :)

Karen likes this.
  6. elseepe

MOC without wifi sounds extreme. Hopefully, you don’t have to go too far to access wifi.

7. elseepe

All my days are weekends now, but I remember how joyous a 4day one could be. I’m confident you’ll catch up.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Haven’t done a single layout this week but life has changed and that’s ok....6 job applications have my priority for now

rach3975, CaroB71 and elseepe like this.
  9. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

As of a few minutes ago, I'm all caught up and really liking my layouts this week.

elseepe likes this.
  10. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

@littlekiwi All the best for your applications.
    I am caught up and on track and loving it so far.
    Nothing too complicated, and my wifi and electricity are all working.

elseepe likes this.
  11. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Finally caught up ! I love seeing the gallery so full and so many wonderful layouts of inspiration! I am having so much fun coming up with ideas for these challenges too!

12. Saar

Saar Well-Known Member

Ugh! Sorry to read you are having trouble to just start scrapping in the first place.
    Hang in there! You are doing great!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  13. Saar

Saar Well-Known Member

I've completed all 13 layouts and am waiting for day 14 to be posted.
    Week 2 was harder than week 1 for me, but I'm loving all the challenges and I'm pleased with how my layouts turn out.

elseepe likes this.
  14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks so much! It's been making everything take lots of time longer than normal, but I'm keeping up. :groan

Saar likes this.
  15. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

been enjoying the challenges so far, and even with the manic environment at home am keeping up. I didn't think that would happen.

Struggling with yesterday's photography challenge, and the fact we have to stay at home. Mirrors fixed to walls with nothing to look at in them other than me ... TJ says that you can see stuff in her mirror so I'll take a look in her room later.

elseepe likes this.
  16. CaroB71

CaroB71 Why, yes, I DO know the answer!

This week was a bit more challenging in terms of finding time to scrap now that I’m back at work but I’ve managed to keep up. I have day 13 to do but have an idea for the photo so will get that done today or tomorrow. Our weekend is Friday & Saturday (since we work for our local church Sunday is classed as a “work day” - although with online church we at least have the afternoon and evening free at the moment). I’m looking forward to some leisurely scrapping time tomorrow!

elseepe likes this.
  17. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Caught up as of yesterday's. Ready to tackle Day 14

elseepe likes this.
  18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yikes! No internet! Gasp! I've had to use my phone's hotspot for downloads before and I didn't have much success either. I hope it's not too far to go somewhere to get good wifi for your downloads. I guess the upside is that you probably aren't spending any money on buying new stuff that way! :giggle Hopefully full blown internet gets hooked up for you soon.

19. melidy

melidy Well-Known Member

All caught up and half way through today's. Won't get to finish it until the girls are in bed tonight but at least I have the photo and template picked. That can sometimes take longer than the actual layout for me.

elseepe and Karen like this.
  20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I feel like I was in a much better groove this week. I'm keeping caught up which is fun. I love having the excuse that I "have" to scrap each night after dinner is done and cleaned up.

rach3975 and elseepe like this.