kiss a ginger day | pad patter 1.12.21

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Jan 12, 2021.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

On January 12th, everyone is encouraged to find their favorite redhead(s) and give them a peck on Kiss a Ginger Day.

Redheads are rare. Less than 2 percent of the population are blessed with red hair. The red hair gene is recessive and requires two copies for it to present itself. Even then, there is no guarantee it will. If both parents have the gene, there is a 1 in 4 chance they will have a redheaded child. The red hair gene is dominant at my house, because all 3 of our biological children have beautiful red hair!

[​IMG]

All this talk about hair color got me wondering and that brings us to today's questions.
    Have you kissed a ginger?
    What color of hair do you and your family have?

2. keepscrappin

Have you kissed a ginger? Yes, just my kids.

What color of hair do you and your family have?
    Hubby and I have brown hair. Our kids have red hair and our DIL has blonde. We're hoping she has the red hair gene so we can get some redheaded grandkids too!

3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I dated a ginger once, so I reckon I kissed him, too :giggle
    None in our family, though.
    I have brown hair (if I don't get back to the salon soon it will be totally brown anyway), my ex has brown hair, my dh has black (well, it's all grey now) hair and my kids are all brown haired brown eyed. They did all get my really dark brown/almost black eyes, though :) All the grandkids are brown haired (different shades), brown eyed as well.
    My DIL has gorgeous black hair and my SIL has brown.

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Have you kissed a ginger? On the cheek. @Lena Gardner is my favorite. :bk

What color of hair do you and your family have? I have very dark brown hair, but since I'm going gray, I have a lot of blond highlights and some lowlights to cover the grays up. Hubby had blond/dark blond before he began losing his hair and now he's completely shaved. Olivia and Daniel had lighter hair when they were younger. I'd say they both have brown/dark brown hair now.

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. keepscrappin

oh yes, I forgot about Lena! She's an awesome ginger! :hehe

I guess if I'm being completely honest my hair is colored brown to hide all my gray streaks, especially in the front. I really need to get an appointment for a cut and color. I used to color the gray red but red doesn't last as long as the dark brown and my gray shows through faster so I do brown now. Hubby is also getting really gray. He used to be more salt and pepper but the gray is really starting to take over this past year.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  6. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Consider yourself kissed, Gigi @Lena Gardner! :beat She's my favorite ginger.

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

We had five kids in my family, two were brunettes, two had black hair and one was a blond!
    I married a brunette who currently has silver hair. Both daughters are brunettes. Since my moth-in-law was a ginger, I had hoped we would have one, nope.
    I haven’t kissed a ginger today but I’m sending a virtual kiss to all you gingers. :bk

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Nope.
    I have dark brown hair as do all three kids.
    hubby (let's be kind and call him ) Ash blonde.

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Poo! I didn’t know yesterday was kiss a ginger day! My baby girl is one! What a fun idea to scrap too!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. keepscrappin

aww, ginger babies are so fun and cute! Welcome to the ginger mama club!

EHStudios likes this.
  11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Well... I missed it, but I don't think I've ever kissed a ginger anyway.

I have dark blonde hair, my hubby has brown. Both of my boys were blonde as kids, but the older one is closer to brown now. Then younger one is still blonde, but definitely like when he was little... he had really light blonde hair then. My Mom had red (ish) hair when she was younger... so I guess I have kissed a ginger? But it wasn't read anymore when I was a kid.

12. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

I’m pretty sure I kissed one of my gingers that day since I am married to one (although his hair is more white - ok it is mostly white these days). His mother was a ginger like her father. My husband is one of 3 gingers (his brunette sister made up for it by having a VERY GINGER granddaughter). Our youngest daughter is ginger with a ginger son. Our son is what is called auburn, brunettish inside and red outside. Plus there are lots of cousins that are gingers as well. You might say it runs in the family.

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. keepscrappin

So fun that you have so many gingers in your family. My SIL on my husband's side is a ginger but she only has 1 out of 4 that is a ginger. My kids are the only ginger grandkids on my side of the family. My hubby and I both have cousins who are gingers, but none of our siblings are.

14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

My oldest GD dated a ginger for about a year. I know I've hugged, him, but not sure I ever kissed him.

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I've never kissed a ginger, and surprisingly I don't even know anyone with ginger hair.

I have dark brown hair, and so does my son. The husband's hair is more grey these days, sssshhh don't tell him. All my family have brown hair, although my two sisters and mother prefer to be a blonde. And my step daughters hair is brown depending on her mood, over the last few years she's dyed it blonde, red, pink, purple, blue and green. (Not all at same time)

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I LOVE LOVE LOVE red hair!!!! So many gingers when I lived in Scotland....but nooooo.....I didn't kiss a one. I've never been lucky enough <3

keepscrappin likes this.