2021- Post Covid recovery (weight wise)

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

This is me too. I lost about the same amount in 2018 and it's all back. BLARGH! Lockdown had me stress eating big time and then once I was eating junk, I just kept eating junk. AND I don't feel comfortable going to my gym, so on top of eating badly, I'm not working out like I was. I'm still walking, but that is not enough for me.

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

oh yeah... don't forget the stress drinking of wine. I'm with you on that one @FarrahJobling ! I need to cut WAY back on the wine.

EminePala_Art and FarrahJobling like this.
  3. CaroB71

CaroB71 Why, yes, I DO know the answer!

I'm with you on this one! I'm trying to go low carb... I was doing so well towards the end of last year and then work got hectically busy, holidays, Christmas etc.. (the list of excuses is as long as my arm LOL!). But I've had a good start to the year with exercise and eating.

FarrahJobling likes this.
  4. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm slowly getting back to my normal diet this week. Last wkend we traveled to the interior (6 hr drive) to get our new family pup. We were on the road a lot b/c we had to make lots of stops for pee breaks and get some fresh air for pup so she didn't get car sick, so I decided to eat the junk and just get thru the drive. But then I came home Sunday, got back on track and all week have eaten healthy. I find it takes 3-4 days to settle my brain down, stop the cravings for junk at night.

Tonight I'm making GF banana bread and that'll be a nice snack for the wkend. I'll be frying up (in vegetable stock not oil) red and white onions, red and green peppers and mushrooms with cauli rice, which will get stored in the fridge for the next 3-4 days to add to meals. I make a big batch of whole grain rice and potatoes (sweet and white) that I store in the fridge. That is the starch and veggies that get mixed into all my meals for the week. Here's a good sauce to drizzle overtop.

1/4 cup hummus, 1/2 tsp curry, 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp maple syrup (can use sweetener if preferred, I use a few drops of maple syrup extract and stevia). Mix in water to desired consistency. I put this in the fridge for the week.

5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I lost weight during our first lockdown, having total control over what I ate with no restaurants nor friends cooking was a total win. Then the restrictions lifted and the weight came back. I would love to lose 7kgs. Am walking every day and am back on keto and drinking my water. We can do this.

6. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I'm in I need all the encouragement going to stick to healthy eating and fitness plan. Surprisingly I weighed today for the first time since November, and I was surprised that I had lost weight. No idea how as I am sure I have eaten my bodyweight in sweets and biscuits over Christmas. I sure our weighing scales are broken lol.

I also completed my first workout this morning, easy 13 min workout focusing on my arms. I downloaded the FitOn app to access free workout videos. I am determined to exercise at list 3 times a week to start week. Its Winter here in the UK so outside exercise is a no go at the moment, I do not like running and definitely do not like to cold or rain. So I plan on completing indoor workouts until weather improves, then back to my cycling a few times a week.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    bestcee likes this.
  7. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I lost 39lbs, but gained back 25lbs during all this.

Mrsdudds likes this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

That's still a -14!! Way to go!!

honeyandcheese and jesskab like this.
  9. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

I gained terribly over the last year as I went back to home baking. A disaster for me but good for my partner. He has Parkinson's Disease and has lost so much weight. His dieticians advice was to add butter and cream to everything we could and make sure he has morning and afternoon teas in addition to 3 full meals. I just have to look at his food to gain weight. Cooking 2 separate meals for 2 people is a pain.... I need self control....

katell and bestcee like this.
  10. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

I would like to loose 50 lbs this year and get my A1C back to 5 (just slightly higher than that right now)

I have cut out pasta (using spaghetti squash and zoodles instead), no rice (using chopped cauliflower) but am having a harder time with bread, sweets and popcorn!
    I am eating fewer carbs but need to get back on track. I thought about walking 300+ miles this year...3 miles twice a week as long as my pinch nerve doesn’t come back.
    I did have chicken pesto Alfredo for dinner last night (over zoodles) that was pretty good. And low carb chili the night before (no beans, low sugar tomatoes paste) which I got from the same cookbook.
    I would love to hear about your successful recipes!

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. katell

katell CT - Sara Gleason

I'm in too! not really because Covid period ...I want to lose weight and especially lose that big belly that I can't stand anymore. Since march, i walk a lot more than before but its'n't enough....I like so much drinking wine on evenings :wine:winenot good! I have a lumbago since sunday....so for the moment i'm trying to recover ....

Karen likes this.
  12. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I lost 30 lbs during my pregnancy eating better & stuff. I gained all that back plus 15 when covid hit. On an already big person. I so desperately need to lose. Thanks @AnneofAlamo for that video! I have an old one from like a beachbody thing that's similar workout but so so dated.

EminePala_Art likes this.
  13. EminePala_Art

EminePala_Art Member

I started drinking Red Wine during Christmas. No quitting, I need more carbs please. And alcohol after the year I had, I really don't know if I survived Corona or Corona rescued me. They found a NODE in my right upper lung. And they are doing tests for months now. I lost about 12 kgs (26 lbs) in less then 6 months.
    NEED TO GAIN WEIGHT LOL....

We can worry about how much the number on the scale says. As long as the doctor says: "You are fine".

Love you all and missed you all so much... So I included an Really simple portion control PDF from Jen Shelter)...

Big Cyber Hugs

Attached Files:

14. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

We have recently purchased two new cookbooks to help us with our dieting. The Meal Prep King Book, and Smart Meal Preps for Beginners by Toby Amidor. I do not do a lot of cooking in our house, the hubby takes care of the cooking. Which is really good for me as he preps all the meals, so I know they are already calorie counted for me. I just need to find the will power to cut down on the coffee. I purchased some herbal tea this week so going to try to swap to them during the day, and drink more water.

My starting weight is 71.1Kg = 158 lbs, and my goal is to loose 11.7 kg (25 lbs )

15. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I’ve cut carbs (breads, pastas, chips) and I’m down 12 pounds. I’ve stalled out since before Christmas and want to lose another 5-10, but I’m tired of salad with tuna everyday.
    I need some good low carb recipes. What cookbook did you use?

16. keepscrappin

@bcgal00 gf banana bread sounds amazing. I’d love the recipe.

17. keepscrappin

Family wants spaghetti this week so I got a spaghetti squash for me. Any favorite ways to cook it that you ladies love to make it yummy?

18. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m keeping my head above water barely with my health. While I want to lose weight, it’s not priority right now. My priority at the moment is

19. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

"Simply Keto" by Suzanne Ryan...I like the Chili, Chicken Cordon Bleu and the Creamy Pesto Chicken (the ones I have tried so far). "Keto Comfort Foods" , although I just received this one, it looks to have some good recipes and it is the one of the cookbook my Dad recommended to me.
    I cook my spaghetti squash (de-seeded and cut in half) in my Instant Pot for 15 minutes, shred, and use it just like I would spaghetti noodles.

keepscrappin likes this.
  20. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

From July 2019 to January 2020, I lost almost 25 pounds. Then Covid came and the stress eating, boredom eating, and comfort eating happened. Sigh. I slowly gained about 10 pounds back. So on January 1 I started back to the old habits. It has been up and down, but I have lost about 3 so far in January. Doesn't sound like much, but breaking up with Food has been hard.

I like to look at my weight chart on Fitbit in All mode --- I can see that huge drop, the slow backward climb, and since January, coming back down. It reminds me that if I did it once, I can do it again.