January 11: Tell Me a Story

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Challenges' started by bestcee, Jan 11, 2021.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yes, I'll accept that. 12x8 is a similar surface area to 8.5x11.

2. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

3. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

694 words:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  5. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

626 words. Glad to tell this story!
    [​IMG]

6. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

527 Words

[​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  7. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for this challenge! I have been meaning to write a bit about this awesome trip to Utah! I am glad to have recorded it for the family!

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

bestcee and orangegrl like this.
  8. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

Could not get the journaling small enough to put much else on my page. Not my strong point.
    I wish there was an easier way to post the journaling without having to type it twice. Thanks for the challenge!
    Journaling in the gallery.
    578 Words
    [​IMG]

Firstoscartgrouch likes this.
  9. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

bestcee likes this.
  10. kendrawalter

kendrawalter Well-Known Member

1247 words (598 from me, 649 from my husband)
    [​IMG]

crazycat1126, bestcee and orangegrl like this.
  11. kristinkristin

kristinkristin CT - Paislee Press

12. Bec

Bec Well-Known Member

~665 words
    I tried to keep it simple but got carried away as usual
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel and rrred68 like this.
  13. melscrap

melscrap CT - Lynne-Marie

Ended with 582 words

[​IMG]

G.J. likes this.
  14. cestrada123

cestrada123 Well-Known Member

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I finished mine yesterday and then forgot to put it in here. :giggle

[​IMG]

bestcee likes this.
  16. amandaresende

amandaresende amandaresende

17. barbaraj

barbaraj Well-Known Member

587 words
    [​IMG]

G.J. likes this.
  18. meagan43

meagan43 Um, did you know that you're wrong?

This story is 926 words told in 9 parts (not including title or subtitles)
    [​IMG]
    Journaling Reads:
    Toy Story was such a great theme for us to create as a group costume for the Mickey’s Halloween Party. We started working on our costumes back in September by first doing research on the internet and picking which character each of us would be.

First up was transforming Frank into Woody. We looked all over for a yellow shirt that had the red checks like Woody’s shirt. I ended up having to buy a yellow one button-up shirt and then drawing my own red lines by hand, I also added super large white buttons to the front. I purchased the cow print to make the iconic cowboy vest complete with giant pull string in the back. I also made his gun holster with a leather-like vinyl to match Woody’s empty gun holster - complete with gold star and red gem. Sherre created the cow head emblem that is on Woody’s buckle at work and I added it to a belt buckle covered in gold duct tape we used from my Grandpa! We purchased the hat, handkerchief and sheriff’s badge at the Halloween and party stores.

Of course, you can’t have a Toy Story theme without Buzz Lightyear! This costume couldn’t be any easier since it was what started the whole theme! Conner LOVED Buzz and especially his costume which we already had. This was the deluxe costume, so it had removable wings. It did not have his iconic helmet or purple hood, so we did made one for Conner to complete the look.

A surprise hit was my Bo Peep costume. I didn't expect it to be so popular. I ended up finding the fabrics at the local flea market. My mom and I worked together to sew my costume pieces. For the most part, everything had to be made from scratch - from her bonnet and yellow yarn hair (yep, had to sew in those sausage curls), her dress (of course with its special pink polka dots and princess top) and all the way down to her bloomers. I even found a lamb stuffie that I converted into a purse! I did buy her shepherd's crook online.

While I don’t have any pictures of Sherre putting together her Jessie costume, she put a lot of work into it. She sewed on the special yellow shoulders with iconic red trims and matching large wrist cuffs to a white western shirt. Then, she made her own cow print “chaps” to add to her jeans. She altered a Bullyseye stuffie to be a purse the same way that I did by cutting open its back, removing the stuffing, adding a liner, strap and zipper. She did find her Jessie hat online.

All while helping with my costume, my mom made her own costume. She chose a character where there aren’t patterns for it. She had to create a rounded body suit and then make a bikini to attach to it that matches the Troll figure. She made skin colored gloves and the big ears of a Troll. Her biggest hurdle though was pink hair that stands straight up. She bought a bright pink wig and spent quite a lot of time trying to make it stand straight – much harder than it seemed.

The girls both wanted to be a Barbie – luckily there is more than 1 Barbie. Riley chose Tour Guide Barbie. We found the perfect navy sheath dress for her size online and found the pink belt, purse, and shoes locally. There were 2 things that you really can’t just buy though…that super cute vintage navy pillbox hat that stewardess’ used to wear and her name badge. Having a grandma that works at a trophy and engraving company has huge perks. She made Riley the Barbie name badge and one for the hat as well. Then, I handmade the hat out of cardstock and covered in fabric.

Serafina wanted to be Exercise Barbie. Now, for adults, you can get an aqua body suit – as a little girl, not so much. We finally settled on matching leggings and tank top. She wore her pink sequin tennies even though Barbie had heels –she couldn’t have walked in heels! We bought a pink gym bag & belt then finally found the rainbow-striped leg warmers at the Halloween store.

Last, but not least, Kelly really wanted to be one of the Green Army Men. There really wasn’t much to go on to make a boy look like an all-green plastic toy! First thing was to find him some army fatigues that would fit him. We lucked out and found a rummage sale with lots of sizes, even a small set. We got a jacket and pants. At the Surplus Store, we found him a helmet, canteen, belt and boots. The first step was to take these real Army items and make them look like large plastic toys. We had Kelly put on the clothes and we literally painted him standing there! It was so funny as Frank rolled the paint onto Kelly. It was cold and it seeped through the layers and painted his skin underneath green, too. Once dried the semi gloss paint was sort of stiff and shiny, just like a toy!! For the helmet, and other hard items, we just painted them separate. The green cotton gloves didn’t work as great since they harded and he needed them to flex more (next time, buy gloves!) We bought green face paint at Spirit and I made a green hood/cap to hide his hair.

19. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

20. MamaBee

MamaBee CT - Kate Hadfield