January 11: Tell Me a Story

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Challenges' started by bestcee, Jan 11, 2021.

1. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

I wrote about the special bond I have with my best friend, I have to translate it in Dutch and send it to her

[​IMG]

bestcee and LynnG like this.
  2. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

I hope my english is not too bad.
    [​IMG]
    2020 must have been one of the worst year ever at least in our time.
    January – I started a new work that meant I should be able to work in my hometown even if I worked for the big hospital i Lund. It went well until Covid came.
    February – Still lot of work at my local hospital but I can hear people start to discuss how little work there are if you compare with a regular month.
    March – My back pain is back and I can’t move at all at first. The only time I can breathe is when I am sitting in the bathtub with my arms around my legs and the water is so hot. That helps for five minutes but so much needed because the pain goes straight to my brain and I am thinking I can’t cope with more pain. Second half of March the cramps finally let go and I am left with lumbago and sciatica.
    April – No relief with my back problems but I see a physiotherapist on regular basis. Covid is now getting bad in Sweden too.
    May – Thanks to my physiotherapist and orthopaedist I see the end of the tunnel and can start to walk and move again. I should have been in Majorca to visit my granddaughter but with Covid and the rapid pace of infections in Spain there was no way for that trip.
    June – Back to work but now there are no work in my hometown so I have to take the train every day to Lund where the big University hospital is. I start to work on a cardiac department where they transplanted heart. It was a great jobb ut I hated to travel by train with all these people that could have Covid.
    July – Vacation for three weeks but no trip to Majorca. That made me so sad, I miss my granddaughter so much.
    August – I quit my work in Lund and got a new one in my hometown! I can now go on my bike to work.
    September – My back is still not well but I manage to work and of course I need those money.
    October – My first Covid test, negative. My daughter phone me and told me she got cervikal cancer and will start treatment right away. What does a mom do? I can’t see her because she can’t get any infections. I can’t hug her, I can’t hug my grandchildren. I’m devastated.
    November – nothing else matter than my daughters treatment, it is hard and she is so tough and my hero. My second Covid test, negative.
    December – My daughter is finally finished with her treatment but it will take a couple of months before we know the result but we keep our fingers crossed. To know your child is sick and you can’t do anything to comfort her except talking with her on the phone was almost the hardest.

3. threadjungle

threadjungle Well-Known Member

Moment of panic when I couldn't find the one kit that I used for this page. But it is there.
    Journaling in the gallery 687 words
    [​IMG]

LynnG likes this.
  4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

found a story to tell.
    Word count: 597
    Thank you for the challenge
    [​IMG]

threadjungle and cfile like this.
  5. Ursula

Ursula Well-Known Member

I still don't like journaling, even I have 627 words! In German language 580 words only.

[​IMG]

threadjungle likes this.
  6. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

phew, I didn't think I would - I hate long journaling!
    I have 531 words in French and 516 in English!

[​IMG]

threadjungle, LynnG and bestcee like this.
  7. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

MOC day 11 Tell a story BSTBC.jpg 685 words about gifts of giving and fun.

Question, please? I went to post in my thread for the MOC 2021 and got a notice that I couldn't put any more scrap pages in it as 10 was enough. I wonder what I am doing wrong?

threadjungle likes this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm going to PM you. Instead of putting it in each post, you have them in 1 post.

trekmom likes this.
  9. MlleTerraMoka

MlleTerraMoka Well-Known Member

Mine :
    [​IMG]
    518 words in french

My translated journaling :
    There are years when our lives leave us no respite.

This is my year 2020. A year in which the trials I had to face will remain the hardest of my life. The year when the world changed and my world changed too. My life has reminded me that we are simple mortals and that life hangs by a thread, that it is essential to remember this with every step we take, so that the ephemeral can last as long as possible.

Yet the year begins with a respite, my mother's cancer seems to be behind us. We can breathe.

In February, however, her exams are not good. The picture shows a suspicious spot on the cerebellum. Our hopes collapse. Overcoming cancer, the first time was already a miracle, twice it won't be possible. We hang on for her, to support her in her difficult moments. Especially since the covid comes and locks us down, far from each other. She will face alone her relapse, her surgery, the stress and the anxiety of going back to long and painful treatments.

I spend the months of April and May locked down, wondering what to do: go see her at the risk of transmitting a virus that would put an end to all her chances, or stay locked up in my home and know that she is alone to face all this. What a hard dilemma. I finally break the lock down to go to her home and accompany her to the hospital. She called me out of breath, the disease has progressed too far, she is weak. She was brave and hold on to the maximum she could go. Now it is up to us, her children, to take over and be strong to accompany her, support her and make the last months of her life in the best possible way.

Summer is spent in dotted lines at her home, at my home. I am at her side for the daily routine: helping her climb the stairs to take her shower, filling out the various files for disability and various allowances, organizing the interventions of health professionals, preparing meals for her, taking care of her house and her plants. But also to be a reassuring presence at his side, to discuss and enjoy together the time we have left, to laugh and smile despite everything because we have to do it to move forward and forget a little.

I go to see her as soon as I can, even if the conditions of visit are always restricted because of the coronavirus and the second wave that is coming. I engrave in my memory specific moments so that they remain forever in me, like our last hug. The moment I find myself huddled in her arms, I become a child again, for a few minutes time freezes and I know in my heart that I must make the most of it because it is the last time I am smuggled up to her. A heart-wrenching farewell, upsetting but so important, which today allows me to move forward without regrets in my new life without her.

threadjungle and cestrada123 like this.
  10. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

11. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

How you found space on the page for over 700 words I don't know ,LOL.... That was the hardest part , finding a font... Thanks for the challenge , it was fun 504 words
    [​IMG]

Mrsdudds likes this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I changed my space between each line down - the leading. That created more space for journaling.

Nemla likes this.
  13. Anny-Libelle

Anny-Libelle Show me the way to the Misty Mountains

Journaling is written in German ( 556 words) and I used google translate for the english version (571 words)

[​IMG]

14. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

652 words

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    threadjungle and cestrada123 like this.
  15. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

16. LynnG

LynnG Designer

20210112_OE_MOC_day11.jpg

650 words

I used "Frames in Fours" photo cluster, "Apple of my Eye" Elements (paint) and "Victory Kit" kit

I told the story of my 'OE' (what New Zealanders call the 'overseas experience' all young kiwis aspire to go on)

I had desperately wanted to return to the UK for as long as I could remember. Every year ‘trapped in New Zealand’ was a year too long. But first I needed money and the ability to get a job in London. So after getting my degree and a year in limbo on the sickness benefit, I realised I could either be in pain and do nothing - or be in pain and still do the things I wanted, ie travel. So I worked for a year at the Broadcasting Corporation and saved every cent I could. By the end I literally only had one pair of shoes. I met XXX, who decided to come too, and fortunately knew some people already there - former workmates at the uni library - so we had a floor to crash on. And then, unexpectedly, a room came up in the same house. We slept in the kitchen of a tiny two-room (one bedroom) flat and two kiwi blokes we didn’t know slept in the bedroom. Before that three Japanese girls had shared the one room. The bathroom and loo was in the shared hallway - which was the source of frustration as other people in the three storey house would come home late at night and leave the front door open, so you would get up to go to the bathroom and be staring out into the night time street. On the top floor lived a oil rig worker who would only be home every few weeks - but would get stoned and play bad music so loud everything in the house shook. Until the night I went up, banged on his door and literally screamed at him to shut it up. :-0 The house was in Brook Green in Hammersmith - already quite a desirable address thanks to the posh St Paul’s School at the end of the street, the proximity to Kensington and the lovely parklike common in the middle of the street. Now you would need to be a multi-millionaire to be able to afford a home there, with houses going for over £3 million. Ours was one of dozens owned by an Irishwoman who lived in a scruffy house down one of the side streets. Every weekend we would have to take a bundle of cash to her house and join the queue of Australians, New Zealanders and South Africans waiting to pay their rent. She liked having us as tenants as in those days you weren’t allowed to raise the rent on a sitting tenant, and we never stayed that long. She was clearly a shrewd businesswoman although she still looked like the dowdy middle-aged cleaning woman she was. Her husband would always be slumped in a chair dozing and breathing out beery fumes. In retrospect I admire her - she certainly would have set her many children up with millions and millions of pounds and I can only hope they made good use of it. I fear perhaps not, though.

Little work was done on the houses and everyone just used them as a place to crash at night. But you needed to be careful what you dropped on the floor before you crashed: rats would eat holes in any socks we left lying around...

But it was close to everything and my first job was even within walking distance - at a finance company five minutes away. I would come home at lunchtime to check the first post - because in those days there were TWO Royal Mail deliveries a day! XX got a job at a polytech library in the East End and made friends with lots of the girls studying there. I went to visit one day and found myself walking past old bombsites with tramps gathered around smoking bonfires, but work was already beginning on the Docklands redevelopment project which would change everything.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    threadjungle and bestcee like this.
  17. Event Horizon

Event Horizon Active Member

18. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

Here's mine with a word count of 558 words. I have also posted the journaling in with the credits if not readable on my page :)
    [​IMG]

19. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

20. ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

Here's mine. The journaling is in Dutch, google-translation in credits. (719 words)

[​IMG]