Worst words 2020 |Pad Patter 1 Jan

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Jan 1, 2021.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I'm guilty of using Dude :blush (but I blame Crush the turtle from Nemo ) but I get what you mean about gamer speak - it is disconcerting in the least to hear your kids say 'stop killing me! '

Karen likes this.
  2. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Can we get rid of "tryna?" I hate it.

AJK and Karen like this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That's half the problem, he'll say that in front of people with such good timing that everyone always laughs. Even me sadly. :rofl

Memaw2Wm and bellbird like this.
  4. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@keepscrappin Such a good point, Kayla. It isn't normal, and I don't like the arrows on store aisles either. We are not kindergarten kids and most of them can learn to give some personal space. LOL. It is quite condescending. There's a difference between not liking change and discerning good. ;)

5. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Well...that is kinda funny. LOL!

6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I am a 70's child --- derp seems familiar -- or maybe it was twerp. My DD says it is from 2010. Let's bring back Dork.

Memaw2Wm and bestcee like this.
  7. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I don't mind it being used now and again, but listening to a teen scream "Dude blah, blah, blah" for hours on end drives me nuts. And then there's the f-word. Although I don't hear that as much ... probably b/c every time I heard one of his friends use it I'd hollar "I heard that." and I think they've stopped using it as much, or are not yelling it as loud ... after all Chase is wearing headphones, so if I can hear his friends they are too darn loud! Chase know better than to use it ... when he does he's off the xbox for the rest of the day.

bellbird and keepscrappin like this.
  8. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I don't like the f-word either or the Lord's name in vain. I think people say it without even thinking and now there's the initials for it on stuff everywhere... so sad

9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

There are so many words and phrases I hate now! It's probably on there - I couldn't read the article without the stupid pop up ads - but my fingernails down a chalkboard start when I head "re-imagined"!!

10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Me too, Karen!! Also "You do you, Boo"!!! GAG!

Karen likes this.
  11. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

I'm so out of it, I've never HEARD most of the words/phrases mentioned here, much less know what they mean...just sayin'. ROTF But I cringe when I see word art such as "Choose joy." That is such a put-down to people who CAN'T choose joy because they experience chronic depression or are going through a rough time. I have a niece who can't say two sentences in a row without using the "F" word and/or taking the Lord's name in vain. I can't even be around her. Agree with loathing of "new normal," social distancing," "stay safe." It's not a word, but the commercials on TV where they sing and dance as if it is fun new way of life to wear a mask (Alaska Airlines, the company I used most of the time before 2020) does this. It is NOT fun. But the all-time phrase that makes my skin crawl started many years ago is "on accident." It should be, "BY ACCIDENT." I don't know where my kids picked it up, (they are in the 40s now), but years ago I home-schooled them, and the first time they said "on accident," I stopped them in their tracks and made them write out (yes, in cursive), "BY ACCIDENT." A close 2nd is "I graduated high school." It is supposed to be, "I graduated FROM high school. Then, of course there is "me and Debby met for lunch." It is "Debby and I met for lunch." And on it goes. :O

Sincerely,
    General of the Grammar Police