January 3 -Photoless- Who I am **CLOSED**

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Challenges' started by MrsPeel, Jan 3, 2021.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Good morning everyone!!!!
    I'm so excited to come to you with this one!!!
    After looking through the gallery and seeing so many beauties and reading some awesome stories, I know you will rock this one!!!! Looking forward to see what I know some of you will bring, and getting to know others a bit better, seeing the marvels I KNOW everyone brings to make the gallery brilliant!!!!
    SO, I am now welcoming you to your next challenge in our MOC line up - a photoless challenge!
    Your task is to make a photo less page about YOU. What identifies you, who you are, what you do, how you see yourself or how you think others see you. But NO photos! Use this as an opportunity to use words and elements to paint a picture of who you are. The whole page will be YOU, so choose the colors you think reflect your personality, the elements that reflect YOU, your work, the things you love, Make sure the whole page shows YOU.

Your page must contain the following:

1. FIVE words to describe yourself (you can have more if you want, but you must have at least five).
    2. FIVE elements that correspond to your words (for example, if one of your words is "traveler" you could have an airplane or a car element. If one of your words is "angry" you could use a streak of black paint).
    3. You may use word art or word strips for the words to describe yourself, but you must have separate elements that correspond to that word art (the word art cannot be both the word AND the element).
    4. You may add as many additional elements as you want that aren't related to your words in order to create the rest of your page.

PLEASE NOTE : up to post #78, if you did journaling, you do not need to change it unless I message you to tell you,
    if you still didn't post your page in the gallery please note

I PREFER IF YOU DO NOT JOURNAL-
    I have neurological issues that make reading extremely difficult when is paragraphs - get worse when there are so many pages to read. :(

I need to be able to see are a minimum of 5 words with a correspondent element each-
    more words do NOT need an element, but you can use as many elements as you want in the page, even not related to your words.
    IF YOU STILL WANT TO JOURNAL, make it SEPARATELY of the 5 words and it's elements, and know I may not be able to read it.

I've created two sample pages, shown below, to help you visualize the challenge:
    for the ones of you who are closer to my love for the elements pack and a fuller page:
    (these are linked, you can click on the image if you want to know links for products or look closer! )

[​IMG]

and one for you who favor a more minimalist approach :)

[​IMG]

Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page must be posted in three places:
    1. Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    2. Posted in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean.
    3. Posted in this thread. People can comment here if they wish.
    Your page must contain Lilypad product (pages with photos and font only do not count). If you use product from other stores, your pages must contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

and last but most important...enjoy the process!!
    I know you will rock this one!!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    umyesh, JenEm, spcoggs and 15 others like this.
  2. MrsPeel

Leaving this one to answer any questions you may have :)

apart from the 5 words requirement, is there a journaling requirement at all?
    NO - no journaling requirements AT ALL :)

LADIES< PLEASE :

NO JOURNALING- in case you don't know, I have neurological issues that make my reading troublesome, takes me a LONG TIME and confuses me.

I NEED TO SEE THOSE WORDS 5 FIVE WORDS (MINIMUM, you can have more but not in a journaling way, and the FIVE first words need an element that correspond to it. that stand out in the page.

crazsquaw and patsyt like this.
  3. extase

extase Well-Known Member

First :D lol i was looking for the challenge since the breakfast lol.
    Thanks for the challenge (a real one), i'm sure my M3 will help.
    have a good dayyyy

ps : both exemples are stunning

Dalis and MrsPeel like this.
  4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@MrsPeel apart from the 5 words requirement, is there a journaling requirement at all?

MrsPeel likes this.
  5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Cynthia - that's a challenge for sure.
    [​IMG]

Lisa B, LynnG, SeattleSheri and 6 others like this.
  6. CarolynJoyce77

CarolynJoyce77 Snozberries? Who ever heard of a snozberry?!

Great challenge I love it

MrsPeel likes this.
  7. MrsPeel

sorry guys!!! I was doing the challenging task of crediting with links in my page in the gallery, I ll link these here in a minute, in case you want a quick search....
    @extase have I ever mentioned I love your nickname?
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I love that you find it challenging, I found in my first MOC (7 years ago I think or 8) that the ones I thought didn't "fit me" were the ones I learned, loved and now use constantly, and thanks so much for the compliment...my memory isn't great (old and hyper medicated LOL), but I do remember youyr pages, so thanl you so so much!!!!!!

@littlekiwi
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO nooooope NOPE I wanted to give you a break and spo yopu didnt kill me!!!!! a s you are my assitant now!!!!
    :rofl:rofl:rofl
    love you!!!!

LOVE LOOOVE the page YOU and , man, you are FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@CarolynJoyce77
    thanks SO much!!!!!! I love YOu too so can't wait to see!!!!!!!!

extase, patsyt, cfile and 1 other person like this.
  8. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

This was hard but the children are my kids and my grandkids. I've started with junk journaling so all the little bits are about my creativity. Mother and fighter is the face. I am a mother that lives with cronic pains 24/7. The typewriter is for my computer.
    [​IMG]

Nemla, Lisa B, LynnG and 6 others like this.
  9. MrsPeel

@designbylime
    I have admired your pages for quiet a while, years now, even though I haven't been that present in the gallery, but I didn't know about the pain management, I know understand your pages more and love you more....I am in the same boat, 24/7 hyper medicated and with co-laterals that drove me to Heart Failure...so, every day is an ordeal and a blessing at the same time..... if you EVER want to vent, I m your person :) I know we haven't spoken much, but I also know that some of the scrappers understand me more than my friends (whom I LOVE but not scrappers) of 40 or 50 years of friendship.... just drop us a line, is you have the energy or feel the need to vent, I feel you. Love the page, in that ironic way of our scra[booking making art and turning horrible feelings into beautiful art pieces!!!!!!

10. MrsPeel

@extase forgot to say: usually I am awake by 6am, which if you are in Europe would be 7am... I had a late (like 3 am) night last night, and my daughter isn;' working so..I overslept!!!!

11. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

Sometimes the pains kills my mojo and then it can take months before I get it back. I'm working full time also so when I get back home from work I've to lay down for an hour or so just to cope. By starting with junk journaling I have found another way for my creativity to come through for without creativity in my life nothing really matters.
    On the other hand there are people that have it so much worse and they live with it every day.

Smwhite, Lisa B, LynnG and 1 other person like this.
  12. CarolynJoyce77

CarolynJoyce77 Snozberries? Who ever heard of a snozberry?!

13. MlleTerraMoka

MlleTerraMoka Well-Known Member

Great idea !!
    I love your examples, so inspirating !

Mine :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. *sylvia*

*sylvia* Well-Known Member

15. katell

katell CT - Sara Gleason

thank you for this challenge...outside my comfort zone! but i'm happy with it!

[​IMG]

MrsPeel, rrred68, Smwhite and 12 others like this.
  16. MrsPeel

I ll write privately, maybe even start an area in the forum for the (many here) us who are going through chronic pain.... I will post later my page for day 2 that has a bit of an explanation, I am bed bound most of my time, but still have some mobility... and , yes, I know there are others ... but I try not to think on the terms of "worse" or "easier" ...pain is pain, and for each of us, it has a dimension that cannot be compared with nothing else. anyway, I will start another thread so we don't highjack the challenge LOL and, once again, if you feel like venting (swearing even, I take anything, giove us a shout, I know many here @cfile @jenn mccabe @jk703 @norton94 @HeatherB @mirjam @Iowan just to name a few that have been listening to me for years, have saved my life, make my coping with getting through the fay easier :)

17. MrsPeel

wOw ladies!!!!! LOVING THESE PAGES!!!!!!!!!! of to your galleries!!!!!

@katell @*sylvia* (spent 210 minutes trying to tag you without the asterisks and thinking I was going mad LOL) @MlleTerraMoka @CarolynJoyce77 thank YOU!!!! love!!!!

MlleTerraMoka and CarolynJoyce77 like this.
  18. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Here is mine, my friend! Thanks for hosting, Cynthia! - earth tones chosen as I am down to earth and my words are Friend, Wife, Honest, Coffee, Travel, Creative, Photographer & Morning Person
    [​IMG]

19. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

Thanks so much for this challenge. My initial panic turned to an idea very quickly so thank you.

[​IMG]

20. Saar

Saar Well-Known Member

I LOVED this challenge. This was really my kind of challenge, yet I had to think out of the box. It took me a few hours to create this page, but I love how it turned out.

[​IMG]

MamaBee, MrsPeel, rrred68 and 12 others like this.