kits for scrapping old photos??

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by 3BluEyedBabies, Dec 26, 2020.

1. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

I'm looking for kits to scrap old pictures of family from the 60s...any recommendations?? I've never really scrapped pictures from this time, so not sure where to start. I'm going to be working on scanning them to my computer which will probably take forever, but I'm so glad to be able to do this with pictures of my grandparents that have passed. They meant so much to me so I want to do these pictures justice! Some of them are from their wedding, Christmas, and making ice cream at family picnics!!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    bellbird likes this.
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

3. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

How fun that you have those old photos to work with! I don't have any particular recommendations, but I've found that with my own photos from that era, I prefer to take my cues from the specific photos and stick with slightly more muted colors and simple classic patterns that will harmonize well with them and not distract. In the photos I have of my parents when they were first married (1966), they wore a lot of simple neutrals and the occasional plaid Bermuda shorts. They are mostly outdoor photos, so the natural feel would also influence my choices. Moving into the '70s when I was a kid, the colors got brighter and the patterns a little bolder, so I feel like those photos could handle a bit more pop on the page without getting overwhelmed.

That being said, I've seen those older photos scrapped in a wide variety of styles from super simple to full on art journaling pages, and they all had their own beauty. I'd say go with whatever appeals to you and helps you enjoy scrapping those memories. :-) (Probably not the answer you were looking for. :lol)

HavaDrPepper likes this.
  4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Like Kim, I would just let the photos guide you - I've been loving seeing how @Iowan has been using her 'older' photos with current kits, these are some Christmas examples that i especially loved but her whole gallery is worth checking out to see so much more!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

And for the same reason @mary kate 's is another gallery to check out too
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mary kate, KimJ and Iowan like this.
  5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I agree with @KimJ and @bellbird. I have scrapped some older photos with what I would call "cutesy" kits because those were the colors I wanted to use. And, some of the kits theme had nothing to do with my photos! A page about babysitting my cousin's daughter and her Smurf used a kit that had a winter theme because those were the colors in the photo.

I usually stick with generic elements when doing the layouts... flowers, leaves, ribbons etc.

KimJ likes this.