Ordering ON line woes?|pad patter 12/16/2020

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Dec 16, 2020.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

My boys jammies were delivered last night sometime after 11pm!!
    They spent 19 days in Denver! Lol
    I’m done!! Have 4 presents to wrap!
    Sigh of relief

3BluEyedBabies and rach3975 like this.
  2. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

The only issue I had was my daughter wanted jeans from H&M and I had a coupon so we ordered them online and it took over a month to get to us when it initially said one week. She is 16 and kind of (HAHA) fussy with her clothes so she picked them out (which took hours to begin with!!) and then when they finally came two out of three pairs didn't fit and they were the same size & style!! So we had to return them to the mall (which we were trying to avoid) and then the salesperson gave me a hard time because it was 30 days past the ORDER date. I explained to her that we just got them and she rolled her eyes at me!! It was the first time I was ever in an H&M store, and although I did like some of their clothes, I will not be ordering from them online again! And hopefully, if my daughter wants to go back there, the same sales lady won't be there.

3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Wow! That's totally rude. I would send a follow up complaint online pointing out the opportunity to improve. Everyone knows the mail is super slow right now, there should be grace.

3BluEyedBabies likes this.
  4. bestcee

Funny follow-up: everything has shown up.
    Including the sour dough starter I bought Monday (not for Christmas). Lol! King Arthur sent it out super fast!

rach3975 likes this.
  5. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I ordered a gift for my daughter on the 4th, I got shipping confirmation on the 5th. Tracking still says USPS has received shipment confirmation. That's it....
    Literally NO more history and the company isn't being helpful either. UGH

6. bestcee

Ugh. I'm so sorry!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  7. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I hesitate to say this but knock on wood we have never lost a package or had any delay with Amazon over the past couple years. Virtually no gifts for others...they're all adults who live elsewhere and this has become the norm since my first husband & I were outside the US for 20 years. My mother and mil tried sending things to us for a year or two but we finally got them to just save their own money which they needed more than we needed gifts.

I did order fairy lights from Amazon this year and thought they were lost so I ordered another batch. Now I have enough for a long time!! I have found that when ordering from Mom kind of stores that it takes forever and as they often use USPS the delivery is not as reliable as Fedex or Amazon prime delivery. While I wanted to support some small stores, if it's going to come USPS I sadly decide not to.

8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I have 2 packages out-standing. One was shipped Media Mail so I figured mid-January. The other was coming from the west coast and I had no hopes of it getting here in time. Well, according to the tracking they are on their way to our city. I may get them tomorrow, Dec 24, but for sure on Dec 26 - assuming our local post offices can sort and deliver mail effectively that is. They both have Christmas presents but I knew they would be late.

bestcee likes this.
  9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

My lost in limbo package has actually moved. Projected delivery date was 12/28. But it will be here today. Merry Christmas to me ;)

rach3975, AnneofAlamo and bestcee like this.
  10. AnneofAlamo

that makes me so happy!!!

11. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Both of my packages showed up today!!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!!

bestcee, rach3975 and AnneofAlamo like this.
  12. AnneofAlamo

it is a Christmas eve miracle!!!

BevG likes this.
  13. HavaDrPepper

5 new jigsaw puzzles were delivered around 10:30 a.m.!

bestcee and rach3975 like this.
  14. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I had Shutterfly calendars on their way to my parents and siblings. They didn't need to be there before Christmas, but all 3 packages arrived earlier than expected and were delivered on the 23rd. I ordered my calendar later the same day because I was still finishing the rest of the things in our order, and that seems to have been enough of a time difference to push my delivery all the way to the 29th. (The hold up isn't the other items, since they shipped separately.) Shutterfly orders must have been coming in fast and furious last week!

bestcee likes this.
  15. HavaDrPepper

PSA: If you are ordering anything that will need a signature (ie computer) make sure it is going to the right address. My cousin's computer needed a signature. She got a call on Monday that it would be delivered Tuesday from FedEx. She stayed home all day and no computer. It went to the address she hasn't lived at for 2.5 years. Those people knew to look out for these deliveries from Apple and have been good about letting her know when they have arrived. FedEx would not let them sign for it nor would they bring it to the correct address. It was sent back to Apple to be re-shipped.

I suspected this would happen when she told me it was being delivered on Tuesday. In the back of my mind I was thinking why would Apple have the right address for this but not for the rest of the order.

bestcee and rach3975 like this.