p365 in 2021 - I'm DOING IT!!!!!

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by FarrahJobling, Dec 5, 2020.

1. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

My plan is to do double monthly pages which is what I did in 2019.

Donitab and IntenseMagic like this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I've printed a trade book. I don't recall for sure, but I don't think it had to be in multiples of 4?

It's bound like the old toy magazines we would get as kids, but the paper is paper. Not glossy magazine.
    If you want, I can share photos?

3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I've printed several Blurb trade book format, so I'm very familiar with it.

Their magazine format was what was new to me.

But guess what, I just found it on my porch this morning! I had ordered it Dec 5, so that was reasonable.

My only complaint: I wish the package was firmer and more waterproof because it got rained on, but the Fedex delivery person is to blame too, because we DO have a big porch with a roof, yet they left it at the edge at the top of the steps. As I am now a package-delivery person myself, I understand how exhausting the job is and sometimes I leave things at that spot too, rather than climbing the steps, but not on a rainy day! Fortunately, the packaging was thick enough; the magazine was only slightly wavy like it absorbed a minuscule amount of water, but quickly dried in my warm house.

As for the magazine, it's fabulous! The binding looks strong, the softcover and the pages both feel sturdy, the color is excellent. I'm so excited! :yippee I haven't printed in 2 years because I've had a change of heart about collecting big heavy 12x12 albums. I have struggled to get used to scrapping a smaller format over the last couple of years, but this magazine is encouraging me to keep it up! I might even do MOC in 8.5x11.

Donitab, bestcee and mcurtt like this.
  4. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

YES...absolutely!!! I love that idea...and a great way to track progress!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  5. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Well, that's not nice about the packaging. I can't remember what mine was packaged in. But I had several inches of magazines (11 in total and 3 were close to 200 pages in length). No dents, no tears, and mine was delivered by UPS on a dry day. :-)

I'm thrilled that you like them. I have been printing magazine format since 2016. I've got a couple of actual photo books thrown into the mix, but if it is for me, I go with the magazine format. Affordable and quite a bargain. Plus the colors are awesome. You may want to become a convert to 8.5 x 11. :-) I've never scrapped anything square, I've been doing 8.5 x 11 since I discovered digital scrapbooking in 2006.

So happy for you!!!

FarrahJobling and michelepixels like this.
  6. michelepixels

I'm seriously ready to commit fully to 8.5 x 11.

I even just calculated: Making a two page spread of 8.5x11 pages gives me 187 square inches on which to scrap, which is 43 square inches MORE than a 12x12 page. :D So if I need more space than a single page, instead of wanting to make a bigger page, I'll just make a two-page spread. I'll just be careful what I put in the middle!

mcurtt likes this.
  7. mcurtt

@michelepixels One other thing I had thought of for folks who scrap 12x12... It might be possible to go 11x11. Have 8.5" on one side, on the other side, go with 2.5". Or some other split. With white space, or whatever your background color choice is. It would be a bit tricky to get over the center portion, but where there is a will, there is a way. $0.40 for a 12x12 spread still isn't bad. And their standard discount (whenever they run a sale) for trade books & magazines is 25% (I think).

michelepixels likes this.
  8. michelepixels

That's a fun and creative idea!

mcurtt likes this.
  9. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

@Tree City I have fallen in love with the simplicity of Shannan's layouts and will make a decision to size as soon as I get the products I've ordered - two albums and a bunch of page protectors. If I decide to go that way, I can print at home (HP's InstantInk with my new printer) and have the satisfaction of seeing it grow. Maybe I'll also do some projects in a trade book/magazine too. 2020 will be my last Shutterfly 12" book. I hate waiting for a post Christmas sale even though I'll be up to date later this week with my PL book. Then just one more week and I can take the time to give it a good review.

@mcurtt You've been a real inspiration with all you printing experience. And I like the idea of doing that square 11" with two template prints on a page. I'll have to do a mock up and see how that looks. Plus make sure it's legible for our old eyes! @flowersgal Do you have any examples of your books/magazines you can show us here since you've gone the path of Portrait shaped layouts? That really helps me...seeing is understanding.

Tree City, FarrahJobling and mcurtt like this.
  10. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

I haven't done P365 for many years. Right now, I'm working from home and so is my hubby. It's just us and a dog and a cat. I was thinking my life is way too boring for P365, but I frequently print sayings I find online, etc. This project may be just what I need to get me out of a slump! Now to decide if I want 6x9 or 8x10!

FarrahJobling likes this.
  11. FarrahJobling

YES...I plan to add quotes, etc....too. And I bought a book awhile back called The Art of Noticing and I'm hoping it will help me to document little things I think or see...this project will be just for me...so anything goes

kimingvtx likes this.
  12. michelepixels

I'm trying to establish a habit of making weekly pages again in preparation for my 2021 Project 52. Here's this week!
    gettingready2021p52.jpg

13. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I totally freaked myself out this year. As a joke and what I thought would be like week in the life book. I started a covid book. I went back and project lifed jan&feb 2020. 90 pages for 1/2 the year and looking like 100 for second half of 2020! I upload as I complete and wait for Shutterfly unlimited pages! Printed in hardback 10x10.
    I added memes/screen shots. Statistics/controversy and so much thru our lockdown/reset adventures. I am one week behind. I’m freaked I did it.
    My family love remembering what was going on in the world too.
    I don’t want to focus on covid or politics. My heart is just exhausted about all of that.
    But it really got me on a good habit of scrapping. I need a theme or focus to push myself.
    I loved reading this whole thread. I need to ponder it-quickly!!

14. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

@AnneofAlamo I've done COVID layouts all year as well. I have a page for each month using the Persnickety Prints timelines and all journaling on what was happening locally and in my state. Last week I did a few other layouts about 1) product shortages, 2) with a few headlines I screen shot from the internet, 3) wearing a mask and 4) "Wine With DeWine" (the daily press conferences by the governor). I plan to keep doing at least the monthly page throughout 2021 (because I think it will still be affecting our lives in some way). There are a couple of other ideas I have for pages that I haven't done yet as well. I don't have nearly the number of pages that you do but it still will be its own book someday.

bestcee and FarrahJobling like this.
  15. FarrahJobling

Join me on Jan 1 for a kickoff chat!

kimingvtx likes this.
  16. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

It a possibility! I’m having 75 peeps over for chili, cheesecake and bonfire!!!

I keep having this
    Good bad and all in between theme going on.
    I have desire for tons B&w and few pops of color!
    Aargh

FarrahJobling likes this.
  17. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

@cookingmylife - So far I have only printed one magazine (4 copies) to give for Christmas. Even having made a wrong selection in the software of page choice (I inadvertently chose border rather than full-page), it worked out well as I put diverse pages made a different times and with different supplies into one book and that helped with a more cohesive look I think. Now I need to get busy sorting and assembling the remainder of my 2020 pages scrapped and decide how to divide them into individual magazines. I printed with Blurb and I'm not sure how to share that with you. @mcurtt - any ideas?

mcurtt likes this.
  18. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I have loved reading all your ideas and I think I would like to join in. I started a photo a day project with my granddaughter and she wants to keep going. I have two Shutterfly books in process to hold all these photos. My plan is to use weekly template pages to hold the daily photos and a second page to hold quotes and sketches and anything else that catches my interest. I'm hooked on the 12 X 12 format but print in 8 X 8 so will probably continue.

19. mcurtt

To share on Blurb, go to your projects. If you see a chain link icon to the right and below your book, you can click on it & it gives you the link to send to someone. Else, if you don't see the double link, click on your image and the double link should be in that display. Just copy that link & paste it into an email or a forum discussion. :-)

20. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Anne, I had a covid album printed, too. We thought it wasn't going to last much longer and I decided not to do another one (when it drug on). I had a 30 page 8x8 album printed. It will be nice (I think???) to look back on someday. Or not. :crazy3

Donitab and mcurtt like this.