Lynn Grieveson Design Challenge: Off Topic ***WINNER ANNOUNCED***

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by StefanieS, Dec 15, 2020.

1. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Well hello again, Stefanie here with a super fun challenge this month. Congrats to @Janisn for winning last month's challenge.

This month I would like you to scrapbook a festive layout with a non-Christmassy kit or collection. Whether you're looking forward to Christmas or whether you're feeling more "Bah Humbug" about the state of the world. Let's have some fun with this one. (If you don't celebrate Christmas then how about a summery themed layout with a wintery themed kit? or vice versa)

[​IMG]

Rules:
    1. Please use 75% Lynn Grieveson Designs (including freebies, retired goodies and currently in store)
    2. Please creative a Christmassy (or other festive layout that is significant to you for this time of year) using what would not be considered a Christmassy/Wintery kit or collection.
    3. Please upload to
    Lynn's Gallery at The Lilypad following The Lilypad's rules.
    and then add it into this thread too, so we can leave you some love and count your entry.
    4.You have from now on the 15th of December until midnight on the 14th of January 2021 EST.
    If you have any questions or need to reach me please tag me @Eyeore

umyesh, mcurtt, Ferdy and 3 others like this.
  2. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Another Fun Challenge! From Lynn!...This Challenge May Sound A Bit Daunting At First...But If You Grab Your Photo/Photos...& Look Through Your "Lynn" Stash...You Will See That It Is Very Possible To Do This...There Are So Many Of Lynn's Wonderful! Goodies! That Are Multi-Purpose!...And Will Work Perfectly For Any Season Or Occasion!...Worst Case Scenario!...Do A Bit Of Recoloring Of A "Few" Key Elements To Make It Work For Your Layout Colors!...

*I Blended 4 BG Papers Together In Some Cases Selectively...I Recolored 1/Cut & Flipped One In Half & Colored A Different Color...I Enlarged Another To Make The Trees More To The Right Scale For My Layout...& Blended Another To Change The Color Of The Dots Ever So Slightly...Each One Was Blended With A Different Combo Of Blend Modes To Get My Final Paper Blend BG!...Those Large Banners Were So Cool!...& Worked Perfectly For This Vintage Christmas Layout!...I Also...Had To Cut One Of The Banner Pieces Separately...[The Splendor Piece...]...To Overlay Them & Blend...On Top Of Each Banner Piece...

*I Recolored The Stamp From Blue To Green/The Brown Tree Flair From Blue Also & The "Delight" Flair From Blue To A Reddish-Orange...

*For My A Vintage Merry Christmas Layout-I Used:Forestier-Lynn Grieveson

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I hope I understood the directions correctly, Stefanie. I scrapped a festive page using Lynn's "From Up Here" kit. I don't think the kit is "Christmas" from the description.

[​IMG]

4. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

This was a lot harder for me that I thought it would be. Probably because of my photo. #1, it was taken in bright sunlight, so lots of shadows, #2 I was attempting to match the green/blue/red from the t-shirt. Anyway, I finally found a kit I thought would work, so here it is. I also used one of Lynn's templates. Complete credits are in the gallery.

[​IMG]

5. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I used apple eye (with one little bird from leif) for my non-Christmassy kit
    [​IMG]

LynnG, mcurtt and Angela Toucan like this.
  6. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Stefanie, I hope I too did this right as I used a wintery collection, otherwise I am glad I made this page anyway.
    [​IMG]

7. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you Stefanie for this challenge !

[​IMG]

8. trekmom

trekmom Well-Known Member

9. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

This was kind of hard! I used Leif (I don't consider it a Christmas kit) and Scrapstacks No4
    [​IMG]

10. StefanieS

Love all of the submissions thus far.
    You gals are hitting this one out of the park and making it look much easier than I thought it would be.

11. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

12. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

13. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

I loved doing this, thank you!
    [​IMG]

LynnG, Angela Toucan and mcurtt like this.
  14. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Thanks for the challenge! I used red and green papers from Adventure Calls to make my page Christmassy. :)
    [​IMG]

LynnG, Angela Toucan and mcurtt like this.
  15. kristinkristin

kristinkristin CT - Paislee Press

Loved this challenge - it's so much fun when it stretches your creativity like this. I'm a new fan of Lynn's designs so I used one freebie kit (from a blog hop) and one kit from the store. Hope that's okay. :)

[​IMG]

16. Event Horizon

Event Horizon Active Member

17. StefanieS

Caught up to here. One more day to play along - I have a great challenge coming your way tomorrow morning my time.

umyesh, Angela Toucan and marijke like this.
  18. StefanieS

Congrats to @kristinkristin for being chosen as this month's random winner.
    Watch this space for your new challenge.

19. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

20. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member