pies | pad patter 11.24.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Nov 24, 2020.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I've never tried boysenberry but it looks YUMMY!

2. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

No I’ve never tried it with cheese! Interesting!

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Did you know that there's one of those crazy laws in Wisconsin that says restaurants must serve a slice of cheddar cheese on a piece of apple pie? Of course, it's not enforced. Must've been put in place when there was an overabundance of dairy in the state. Personally, I've never tried it, but those who have loved it.

And I fell in love with Boysenberry Pie during our many visits to Knott's Berry Farm, for it was the Knott family that created the boysenberry (mix of blackberry, loganberry & raspberry). They have boysenberry stuff everywhere! It's really hard to find (I grow my own) but the closest thing you can get in the grocery store is Marie Calendar's razzleberry pie.
    [​IMG]
    It's close, but not quite. I'd say if you're ever in Southern California again to visit Knott's to have some. You can get it at Mrs. Knott's Chicken Restaurant outside the gates if you didn't want to visit the park.

Donitab and keepscrappin like this.
  4. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to make a grocery store run this evening ...

I'm taking dinner to my Dad tomorrow and started to ask him if he wanted pumpkin pie or pound cake or both for dessert, but I'd hardly gotten pumpkin out before he interrupted me saying "apple." I hadn't bought apple b/c my family doesn't eat apple pie, so I got pumpkin for me and whichever grandkid eats pumpkin pie (it's Thanksgiving after all) and the pound cake w/chocolate ice cream for the non-pie eaters. So tonight I'll hit Harris Teeter for an apple pie and vanilla ice cream for my dad ... he's so spoiled!

Donitab and keepscrappin like this.
  5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Oh yum!!!! Hoping it turns out great!

FarrahJobling likes this.
  6. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

No pumpkin for me, but the rest of my family likes it. I like key lime, chocolate creme, or pretty much any fruit pie. We are doing a key lime and a pumpkin for Thanksgiving. :)

My mom used to make the most amazing pie crust, and she would take the extra scraps and bake them on their own with a little sugar... sooooooooooooo good.:drool BUT making pie crust was one of the only things that consistently made her majorly frustrated/grumpy. It was always a struggle because it was so delicate that it would split or stick to the rolling pin and it was a huge ordeal, so I declined when she offered to teach me since I knew I would never put myself through that. :P

Donitab, umyesh and keepscrappin like this.
  7. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I'm not a huge pie fan but I do like warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream & I've just recently started to like pecan pie (has to have lots of cool whip).

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

In our family it is chocolate pie - it is my grandmother’s recipe and it’s just like having a piece of her with us at the holidays (no pun intended).
    We also have pumpkin made with Splenda since my husband doesn’t eat sugar (much). I also use the Marie Callender’s pie crust - closest thing to homemade I’ve found and certainly better than my homemade.

I will have to look into growing my own boysenberries. Love it.

Enjoy your pie whatever the flavor!

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

strawberry rhubarb
    or cranberry pear
    yum!!!!!!!

keepscrappin likes this.