Robot Vacuums-Talk to me|Pad Patter 25Nov2020

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Nov 24, 2020.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

cfile likes this.
  2. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

Oh, I love this topic. We have this robot vacuum-mop from Xiaomi and it's been a fantastic household helper ever since. It can vacuum floors and carpets. It also comes with a mop pad and water tank, so it can mop the floor as well (I've only used it for mopping dusts so far, not spills or any heavy cleaning tasks so I don't know how well it will be able to clean such mess).

Some photos of the robot:

Shopee_5739b448311794f7dd10c66dfde4313c.jpg
    Shopee_75e08221cd5cbf58ac92b90c691f2641.jpg Shopee_b2015cc115d371877e389eb331bf5440.jpg

3. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

Btw, the price in Malaysia is quite affordable (MYR 700+, which I think would be around USD 200+).

4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Here you go Anne.. Kohl has it on Black Friday sale.. You can order on line no shipping fee :)
    https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-3...VRq-GCh0XpQBREAQYASABEgI9AfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

upload_2020-11-25_7-5-52.png
    https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-3...bdrecsId=23849eed-8886-4b78-b482-a49b31d13314

upload_2020-11-25_7-8-44.png

5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

6. AnneofAlamo

@cfile Christa! yes, I have the $179 in my cart right now! This is the lowest end model, I watched the video and the high end is $799? eek! lol

@zakirahzakaria oh goodness, water and electronics my heart can't handle that!

cfile likes this.
  7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Even though I think one would be very useful, I will not have one in my house as long as I have a dog. I've read about them being destroyed when they have run automatically and there was dog poop in the area. The one I remember was that a dog had pooped in a room during the overnight hours and the device was scheduled to run in the morning before the owners got up. The man tried to fix it and couldn't.

8. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

We have one, his name is David :-) I do love him, but we don't run him as often as I thought we would. We have a wool area rug in the living room and he'll fill his little dirt container with fuzz from it and need to be emptied mid-job sometimes. We've also found, for our sanity, that we have to actually stage the room for him to run because he gets trapped in the chair legs when he goes under tables. Again... I do love having him and we use him quite often, but it is definitely different than the just set a schedule and let him run with no effort from us thing that we thought it would be.

elseepe likes this.
  9. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I love my "BeBop"; I run him every day (not automatic) but I do have to make sure the dogs toys are picked up or he gets stuck on them. I don't have any carpet (all hardwood or tile) and it does an amazing job picking up the dog hair (short haired dogs) . I do joke with my hubby that I think BeBop may eat just as much food as the dogs since one of the dogs like to drop his food on the floor.

10. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

My hubby wants one, but I'm not sure. I'm afraid of it sucking up something I don't want it too or it getting stuck or ruining something.

11. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

We don't have one and most likely never will, but whenever I think of these I see that photo of a cat riding it around...

12. AnneofAlamo

bhaha, in my researching someone asks about it, and for reals the people respond,
    We do not recommend have any animals or humans ride on the vacuum!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  13. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

We have a BOB: bObSweepPetHair Plus Robotic Vacuum Cleaner and Mop We haven't had it very long; just about a week or so, but it's worked well on the cat hair and litter that gets scattered across our hard floors. The cats hide whenever it comes out. Ours is the mid range version; there are both lower and higher end models.