YouTube Subscriptions?|pad patter 11.18.2020

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Nov 18, 2020.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am seriously in the middle of insanity! Our state is in Shelter in Place. Like go no where, and when you get there, don't leave! lol I take this as a challenge. If I am going to stay here, then I am gonna be busy! I fell into a new YouTube channel, called Minimal Mom.

She was like a kick in the butt to declutter! I did my kitchen, my pantry, a closet that was so out of control and is now my appliance/cleaning supply (and organized)!

What subscriptions to YOUTUBE channels do you just love and find you really do follow? Please link me and share your favorite video!

Donitab and A-M like this.
  2. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Enjoyed the video. I'll have to think about this.

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

This seems like a rabbit hole I might fall down into. :giggle I'm waiting to click the video until tonight. :)

4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

It is so inspiring!! I seriously IMG_6177.JPG from this to this
    IMG_6193.JPG
    and my pantry: I have never ever had empty space in there!
    I watched her how to minimize grocery shopping! Oh I have so much waste! I am just excited!!
    IMG_6192.JPG

5. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

The only YouTube channels I subscribe to are for Yoga (InnerDimensionTV, and YogaPura (a local studio)). I've been purging pretty much everything you can think of throughout my whole house this year as we continue toward working to sell, move and downsize. BUT, you did inspire me to tackle my spices (gathering them from the spice rack, the pantry, and down the hall overflow pantry). They are all cleaned out and fit on my spice rack and one tray for the lesser used items now.

6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Pretty much the only YouTube channel I watch every single episode on the day it's published (every Sunday) is Eamon & Bec. They're vanlifers from Toronto. Unfortunately, they were in Morocco when the pandemic hit and they had to abandon their travels and head back to Canada. But they're making the best of the situation. They built a whole new van through the spring and summer (because they had to leave their van in Morocco) and now they're remodeling a cabin in the woods.

Others I watch a lot include:
    Joe Scott, who talks about technology and science
    It's Okay To Be Smart, mostly science
    Kurzgesagt, tech & science
    vlogbrothers, John and Hank Green who have created much educational content such as Crash Course and Sci Show (and I enjoy their podcast every Monday too)
    Yes Theory, adventures and the idea of saying yes to new and unusual experiences
    Friendly Atheist
    SciManDan - debunks flat earthers and other silly conspiracies
    Weird History
    Real Life Lore
    Joseph's Machines - he makes incredible Rube Goldberg machines
    CGP Grey
    Geographics
    The B1M - architecture
    And of course I will take this opportunity to share my daughter's channel, full of covers as well as original songs. Rhiannon Kendzie :)

7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

All the people I follow are mostly related to historical costuming and sewing, but honestly, I don't watch them unless I'm stuck and need a solution!

8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

This just appeared in my YouTube feed and I enjoyed it so much I've subscribed to the channel.

AnneofAlamo likes this.
  9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i'm pretty new to youtube, like the last 6months or so, i'm very much a late adopter, but i follow a few Zumba & home exercise people and some paper scrapping kit clubs for extra inspiration, it helps me appreciate how little clean up there is and i think it helps my digi 'realism'

10. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Paper craft /card making channels. Patchwork channels,and Art ones. And a fair amount of Photoshop ones. But like Quiltymom mostly I only watch when I am stuck on something.
    I use to follow some Spin Bike ones, but my knees are to bad now to follow along with the sessions,so frustrating, so I stopped, but they were good.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  11. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I have subscribed to some channels but don't watch them religiously. I subscribed just so I didn't have to search for them when I wanted to find a video.

I will say the one I watch the most is the musical group Home Free. Even during the pandemic they have been putting out music videos on a regular basis and they are also now putting out videos dealing with things they do in their real life. One guy loves food and took the fans on a tour of several of his favorite places to eat in his hometown. Just released one for Nashville where he lives. They've also released behind the scenes of their tours. They were on tour in Europe when things started shutting down. They had 48 hours to figure out how to get home!

12. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I subscribe to some designers but it's hit or miss. I too find YouTube a major rabbit hole and I know when I go looking for a song to download (YouTube to MP3) it can be two hours later when I emerge! I think in reality I usually go to YouTube for a specific computer/software/Mac/PSE/PS/LR question. I want to SEE what they do not read the instructions. btw, I try to avoid any such videos earlier than 2020 or 2019.

@AnneofAlamo You've temped me with that video (Enabler Alert!) but right now I'm cleaning out paper, a trash can at a time, and don't want to get waylaid with what I could do in the kitchen...other than cook and eat! :lmao