Thankful in 2020? | Pad Patter 11.02.2020

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Nov 2, 2020.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Does anyone do the 30 days of Thankful project? I have considered it before but I really want to do it this year since 2020 has sucked so sooo bad. I want to remind myself that while things are rough, there's still so so much to be thankful for. =)

Anyone want to join me?

norton94, michelepixels and umyesh like this.
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Unless you're an actual troll who feeds off anger and despair, 2020 hasn't been the best, but you are right: there have been a few shining rays of hope, and some fun snippets. I'm clinging onto those!

Anyway, I found a list of prompts on Saturday ... And yesterday I made some silly photos of the kids but I didn't look at the list to actually plan what to photograph/focus on for the day. Whoops. But maybe yesterday's photos will work for one of the prompts (no reason to go in order; I've decided to jump around; as long as I'm focusing on gratitude, I think it'll be okay. :) )

Good luck with your project!

Donitab and FarrahJobling like this.
  3. FarrahJobling

Oooh. Mind sharing your list?

4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Sara, your first paragraph just made me laugh out loud. I'm sorry - I know you didn't mean to be funny, but it just struck my funny bone. Of course, I speak fluent sarcasm. :lol

5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I actually would like to try this, Farrah. I've been keeping a mental list if "Covid Kindnesses" for several months. There HAVE been quite a few.

FarrahJobling likes this.
  6. FarrahJobling

Awesome!!! I'll set up a thread in the scrapping forum so we can all share =)

7. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

No, you're right: it was meant to be funny. Not "funny, ha ha," but some form of "funny, the world is ending" :D :madness:stars:tantrum:giggle

And @FarrahJobling I'd share but it's from SSD. They posted their list and challenge yesterday.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  8. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

This a much needed brilliant idea!
    :goldstars

9. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I only read the title, and I was like "Shortest joke ever!".

But you're right, Farrah. I was thinking the other day that even the pandemic has brought some positive changes in our lives; i.e. many things/procedures have gone digital now and it's awesome, like Zoom meetings with teachers (schools are open here).

FarrahJobling and Tree City like this.
  10. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I have always thought about doing this project, but never got it started. You're right... this is a perfect year to really focus on the positives! I'm in! :-)

11. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I just added my page to the other thread you made. I'm someone who has a strong ability to see silver linings and I often write gratitude journaling and stuff like that. But you reminded me it has been a while since I consciously thought about this, because life has been so stressful this year. Thanks!

12. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I have been posting on my facebook my "thankful for ....." so I love this idea.

Cherylndesigns and FarrahJobling like this.
  13. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

I just googled "Thirty days of gratitude" and it brought up a bunch of lists of ideas to be thankful for. If you need inspiration, you can google it.

norton94 and FarrahJobling like this.
  14. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

Wonderful idea, I really need this right now. I may not be able to join fully due to other commitments, but I'd check in here and there.

15. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Now this is an Awesome idea!! I think I will jump in! There are too many complaints when we could stop look around us and realize living a slow life isn’t so bad and actually has many benefits.

I actually have a girlfriend who was running her children to multiple activities and was always on the go go go and this has forced her to stop.... and she told me she didn’t realize how exhausted it was making her! How much her family never really spent time together just being a family!

16. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I'm in...I did this for 5 years in the Before Times but it's all the more important this year. Made a base daily template for days 1-7 and one of the unspoken blessings was it dawned on me that I only had to change the date # for the following weeks! Win!

Thanks for being The Light @FarrahJobling :heartlub

Lillyia and Tree City like this.
  17. Lillyia

Lillyia Well-Known Member

I'm in!
    I just told my friend today that we have to keep hope above fear and focus on the positive. If I don't I will find myself in a hole so deep that it would keep me doing nothing but trying to claw my way out everyday. Much better to "Walk in the Light", as she reminded me.
    Thank you, @FarrahJobling.

18. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I really and truly need to do something...this year has been hard!