**winner announced** WEEK 4 - OCT 2020 MUSE CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by wombat146, Oct 27, 2020.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

OCTOBER-MUSE-HEADER-2020.jpg

Hi everyone, welcome to Week 4 of the October Muse Challenge.

We are finishing up our monthly muse with looking at the seasons this week, by turning our attention to Summer. :)

As per the other weeks, you need to include the following THREE things on your layout:

1. Tell me what you like (or dislike) about this particular season (You can use journaling or just some word art).
    2. CHOOSE a colour palette that YOU feel represents this particular season for YOU. (For instance, you may like to scrap an autumn page using blue and purple because YOU like it.)
    3. Include a texture(s) or geometrics shape(s) that represent this particular season for YOU.

You may scrap about anything you like but you need to include those three things on your layout.

WEEK 4 - SUMMER

I created an inspiration board for you this week, and had fun doing it. You can use the board to get some inspiration if you like, or just go with whatever inspirations you already have! :)

summer mood board 700.jpg

For my page this week I went with an ocean theme and while dislike the intense hot weather of summer, I do enjoy being down at the water's edge on a lovely warm day. As a kid I use to look for clouds that resembled animals or monsters, like most kids I expect, but I really loved looking for them while I was at the beach. Today I mainly love them for their textures and formations but I still look for them whenever we are down at the water.

So my page is about cloud watching which I really like about summer.

I also kept my layout fairly clean, which is a change for me! lol! :)

12x12-PENGUIN---CLOUD-WATCHING-700.jpg
    Credits are in the gallery.

I met the challenge conditions by:
    1. Tell me what you like (or dislike) about this particular season - I used journaling.
    2. CHOOSE a colour palette that YOU feel represents this particular season for YOU. - I chose a traditional palette of blues and sandy/beige as I seem to always start my sea type layouts with those colours in mind. :)
    3. Include a texture(s) or geometrics shape(s) that represent this particular season for YOU. - I added some textured stamping/brush work to my page.

RULES FOR WEEK 4:
    Scrap about any summer related topic, but you need to include these three things on your layout:

1. Tell me what you like (or dislike) about SUMMER. (You can use journaling or just some word art or both :)).
    2. CHOOSE a colour palette that YOU feel represents this particular season for YOU. (For instance, you may like to scrap a summer page using blue and purple because YOU like it.)
    3. Include a texture(s) or geometrics shape(s) that represent SUMMER for YOU.

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without a photo. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you.

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to October 31, 2020 EST and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

As always I eagerly look forward to what you guys come up with! :fairydance

2. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I may (or may not) have worked ahead on this one. :-)

[​IMG]

3. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

This has been the most unique and wonderful idea - to put all the seasons on one page. :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

wombat146 and mcurtt like this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Ona, love this one - makes me miss the tropical air. (This is the time of year that it's tolerable.)

6. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

7. wombat146

:giggle:giggle:giggle

8. wombat146

wowsers everyone!! what gorgeous layouts to find about summer! I need to get to the gallery today! xx

9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    Triangles are my geometric shape, because they're not my favourite just like summer is not my favourite.
    Colour palette is yellow, oranges and browns, also not my favourite.
    Journaling and title express my dislike.

Thanks for this awesome series of monthly muses, I have enjoyed them immensely.

10. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

11. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

12. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

This was a super fun month LOVED IT - thank you for all the inspiration and to everyone for the amazing layouts.
    [​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  13. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for this month's MUSE. Here's the 4th page for my season series. It's been lots of fun, and has given me practice of a new style.
    [​IMG]

RJMJ and wombat146 like this.
  14. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

thank you for the challenge Ona

[​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  15. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you for this challenge Ona

[​IMG]

16. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Finally Made It To Completing Week #4's SUMMER Layout!...I've Been In A TOTAL!...Fall/Halloween Mode MOOD!...LOL!...Had To Totally Switch Gears!...So The Thing About Summer For Me!...Is The SUNSETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!...My Summer LOVE! Is All About The Sunsets! & Walks On The Beach!...And Being In AWE! Of All The BEAUTY! That Entails Therein!...I Never Tire At Looking At GORGEOUS! Sunsets!...All That BEAUTY!..Just There For The Taking In!...We Didn't Get To Go To The Beach this Summer Because Of Covid-19!...But We Made Due! With some Sunsets Around Here!...Not Quite The Same!...But We Were Just Happy To See Any Sunsets!...Considering The State Of The World Back In August 2020!...So Here's My Depiction Of The SHOCK! & AWE! Of All That BEAUTY!...Flooding The Senses! & Blowing One's MIND!...

*FYI : I Applied An "UNSHARP MASK" From PSE...To A Lot Of The Elements To Get The Look You See...I Used 3 Photos That I Blended Together Using PSE Blend Modes...& 3 Different Papers...Also Using Separate & Different Blend Modes To Get The Combined BG Look!...This Layout Took An Incredibly Long Time To Complete!...I Also Added Extra Contrast/Toned Down The Brightness...& Upped The Saturation Just A Little Bit...

*For My Summer Sunset Sensations Layout- I Used:

*Mixed Media Monthly-June 2020-Happiness In Planning A Trip-Little Butterfly Wings/Lynn Grieveson/Paula Kesselring/Rachel Jefferies
    *Mixed Media Monthly-June 2020-Add-On-Fly Away-Paint-Lynn Grieveson
    *Mixed Media Monthly-June 2020-Add-On-Bundle-This Is The Place-Rachel Jefferies
    *Mixed Media Monthly-August 2020-Music Speaks-Little Butterfly Wings & Lynn Grieveson
    *Mixed Media Monthly-August 2020-Add-On-Sing To Me-Lynn Grieveson
    *Mixed Media Monthly-August 2020-Add-On-Little Butterfly Wings

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    Cherylndesigns likes this.
  17. Cherylndesigns

I chose to AJ about our Florida (tropical) summers. I always believed I was "an autumn" forced into living in a "summer environment". Now that we live in a "normal climate" I know that I'll enjoy the summer so much more. I hope my page reflects my feelings.

[​IMG]

18. wombat146

WOW! Ladies, so happy that you have all loved working on this month's muse, THANK YOU for joining me and for sharing your gorgeous art with me! xxx:bk Will announce the winner soon! :) :fairydance

19. wombat146

***winner for October announced in the 2020 Art Journal Winners Circle thread HERE ****