*CLOSED - Winner Announced* Will You Survive? | Halloween Bash 2020

Discussion in 'Halloween Bash 2020' started by IntenseMagic, Oct 18, 2020.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Our random survivor is.... @Claire Grantham
    Congratulations, Claire!!

Where are my horror movie fans? They are my favorites! Not the gory ones, but the good, edge of your seat, creepy and suspenseful ones! Even if you're not a fan, we all know that horror movies tend to have a certain formula and that the characters in these movies often have serious lapses in judgment [​IMG].

Who hasn’t screamed at that pretty young girl to turn on a light or not to run because you know she’s going to trip? How about the athlete who needs to check the creepy sound in the basement?

[​IMG]

Now it’s your turn to see if your decision making skills are better than theirs! I’m going to give you a horror movie situation and all you have to do is come up with an original and resourceful response. Easy peasy, huh! And just so you have more than one chance to win, I’m going to change up the questions over the course of the weekend! I’ll come back and post each of the questions here as I post them in the thread in case you miss one.

**There will be one $3 random survivor! This game closes at 11:59 pm EDT on Sunday October 25th**

Here are the questions:
    1. Excluding sports equipment, tools (power or otherwise), and knives, what is the best household item to use as a weapon against a flesh and blood monster?

2. Your cousin, who has been staying with you for the past few months, starts talking in Latin. You know they have never taken Latin so you…

3. You're alone at night and you hear the sound of a window breaking coming from upstairs, you don't have any pets -or anyone else for that matter- in the house, you would…

4. If the power has just gone out, what is the worst room to search?

5. There is a corpse in a coffin. Buried with it is a rosary, a dead cat, a dagger and a wilted rose. You have to take something. What do you take?

6. Your group, being stalked by vicious creatures, has decided to split up. You HAVE to pair up with one of them. Which one do you pick as your partner: the science geek, the jock, the cheerleader, the hoodlum, or the quiet pale girl?

7. You have just shot the crazed psychopath 5 times (twice in the head, twice in the chest, and once in the leg). He has fallen dead on the floor. What do you do?

8. Taking into consideration all of the horror films ever made, who or what would be the most dangerous, scariest person/creature to have to fight off or escape from?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    MrsPeel and umyesh like this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

1. Excluding sports equipment, tools (power or otherwise), and knives, what is the best household item to use as a weapon against a flesh and blood monster?
    Frying pan!

MrsPeel and IntenseMagic like this.
  3. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member

1. Excluding sports equipment, tools (power or otherwise), and knives, what is the best household item to use as a weapon against a flesh and blood monster? big heavy book

IntenseMagic and MrsPeel like this.
  4. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

LOL MOnica!!!! I can see you bashing the zombies heads with that!!!!!
    Jan, this is such a cool game!!!!
    an umbrella?

IntenseMagic and umyesh like this.
  5. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Bleach in the eyes!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

anything that is in my hands at the time, probably a cup of hot coffee right in the monster's face!

7. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

A hair dryer?

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Awesome and fun challenge!!

a meat tenderizer or ice pick? Try aren’t knives... but are kitchen utensils, lol!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I think @umyesh is right. A cast iron frying pan!

IntenseMagic and umyesh like this.
  10. umyesh

I immediately thought of the movie Tangled so I just went with it haha

bellbird and IntenseMagic like this.
  11. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I know, it worked for her! :lol

bellbird, IntenseMagic and umyesh like this.
  12. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

My big heavy pitcher. It would cause some pain.

And as for @umyesh - my husband's cousin actually killed his wife with the cast iron frying pan. The story is that she slipped and fell and hit her head while he was holding it. She got back up but fell again and actually hit her head on the pan a second time. Yeah right! Thankfully, the jury didn't "fall" for that story. I don't let my husband anywhere near our frying pans.

13. umyesh

I'm so sorry if I brought up something traumatic for you :-/ I'm glad you keep your frying pans to yourself. The only heavy one we own is never used so it's buried deep in one of our cupboards.

14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

15. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

16. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

I'd say a fire extinguisher.

17. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Neelix... :) (nah.. he would probably lick the monster to death! ).. LMAO
    mmmmmm I am going to go with a Letter opener! :)

IntenseMagic likes this.
  18. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

a boiling pan of water

IntenseMagic likes this.
  19. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Pushing over a very tall heavy piece of furniture onto it.

20. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Bart thinks a big chair might work.

[​IMG]