Help me fall back in love

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Sep 27, 2020.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I had the same earlier this year & I started watching other people create, like on Cheryl's Watch Cheryl Scrap YouTube channel (listening to her & Courtney chat & the faster ones without the chatty sound track & then some of the traditional paper people scrap - I'm un-co & not prepared to go the hybrid route (mess, cleanup, the bird flapping & paper pieces flying everywhere or chewing the edges - Nah) but watching others using mixed media especially kick started me a bit & watching them cut up journal cards because they just wanted the phrase on it for their page, or seeing how they layered a cut out shape over paint helped me think about my stash a bit differently too

2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

well I dusted off my PSE for a bit of scrapping and even with a template and a strong idea my layout just isn't coming together the way I wanted it to. Have no idea what I should do as usually if a layout wasn't working I would scrap it straight away and stop scrapping but if I do that I'll never get out of my scrappy funk I'm in

3. adriablack

adriablack Well-Known Member

I usually just toss it in my work in progress folder if I have a layout that isn't coming together. Then I either work on something else or walk away for a bit. I also typically work on several pages at one time though, so that I can bounce between them when I get stuck.

4. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Doing an art journal page helps me. I like the freedom of just playing.

5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Sometimes you just need a break.

Others, just keep chugging along. Maybe just work through the page even though it isn't what you envisioned, you may like it at the end.

6. littlekiwi

Well in the end the layout was a victim of the great PSE crash that happened shortly after posting in here last. I think I had an idea I was going to use a specific template and kit for the whole layout....ended up using a different layout and only some of the bits from the packs of the BYOC I’d chosen so I was at a loss as to what to include next.

I’ve used a few elements from PRD out of here....the one I really wanted to use which was the job search card I couldn’t make work with the template I ended up choosing. I do have the matching papers, alpha and template set too.
    [​IMG]
    This is the template set I considered to start with after the new job set by PRD
    [​IMG]

I then settled for the right hand one out of this set but still wasn’t 100% convinced on it either
    [​IMG]

7. littlekiwi

I’m not one for work in progress pages or working on more than one layout at a time

This is me trying to get back from a long break in scrapping....it’s been a good 9 months at least between scrapping sessions

8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Oh, the top-left template in the FDD set could work for the card. You could clip it to a paper below the photo spot so you get the gist of the card. Or you could put the Job Search card where the photo spot is. If you choose to do the latter, you have two choices: you could either use it instead of a photo, or you could place it towards a corner and angle it (and perhaps shrink it) so you can see it but you can also still see whatever photo you selected. Sometimes, instead of flowers or other cute elements, I use a journal card period for that top left template you could totally place the journal card where those elements are near the photo's bottom-left corner at an angle over the photo (or tucked under it, peeking out). ETA: here's an example. It's a smaller WA piece, but the same idea. :)
    [​IMG]
    And another:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  9. littlekiwi

@Tree City I have a vertical image in mind for this layout but would be equally ok with doing photo less. Think in a way I’m more struggling with what else to use to create the layout. The only two things I’m really strongly wanting to use is the job search card and the job interview pencil sticker. I have thought of including some laptop elements or something like the two women talking from LBW’s collection. It’s one of those cases where I feel like I’ve got lots of bits that could work but nothing tying it 100% together

[​IMG]

10. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

That top-left is more portrait, isn't it? But if it isn't exactly what you want, don't forget you can change the photo shape. The template police won't arrest you if you delete the template's photo layer and make your own. :giggle (You can copy the stroke effect so that you can add that to your photo spot layer; then you can add your shadow the way you want, or copy from a paper layer--but that will cause you to lose the stroke, so just add that back yourself.) The point is...Feel free to change things to suit you. As for the elements, it sounds like you've got a great idea in your head and the pieces just need to be put on a canvas. Go for it!

11. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

I always find a way back when I'm doing challenges - or lifting inspiration from the gallery. Also a side note, don't delay happiness for when xyz... because then you always find another XYZ. If you are stuck in a rut unhappy where you are, maybe talking it out with a counselor would help? I remember thinking I'd just be happy when something happened, but when it did the happiness was fleeting and then a new goal was mentally set. Eventually I just found looking for the happiness in now/here/today was much healthier for me. Good luck on the mojo and the job situation!! (((hug)))

Tree City likes this.
  12. littlekiwi

@norton94 oh I am happy in general, it’s just a few long term things that aren’t 100% that aren’t making life super enjoyable right now hence why I want to bring a bit of scrapping fun back to my life while I have more time.

norton94 likes this.
  13. littlekiwi

I scrapped a page! It wasn't what I was working on originally but this just flowed super easy and I did a challenge so win win

[​IMG]

14. littlekiwi

Definitely can't say I'm not in love with scrapping now!

bestcee and norton94 like this.