Hobby I want to try? | pad patter 10.21.2020

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Oct 21, 2020.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am very cautious about trying new hobbies or genres. I watched for months the art journaling craze years ago, before jumping in with Tangie's Caravan.
    I am always my worst critic to try and create.
    Currently, I am in plant loving craze! I am consolidating my plants. I keep watching how to bonsai

[​IMG]
    It will take me a while, as I learn, read and reinvestigate...but I am gonna try!

Do you have a hobby you keep looking at, I think I can try and do that?

2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Not necessarily want to try for the first time but get back into is postage stamp collecting and exhibiting.....I haven’t done it for a good 15-18 years but once I’m settled again I’d love to do it. It just takes a huge amount of time, expense and commitment that right now isn’t possible.

Also once I’m settled I’d like to take up a bit of gardening....mainly for herbs though.

3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Painting.... :)

Karen likes this.
  4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I rediscovered crochet last year (since childhood) so I guess I should learn some more stitches in that. Some wonderful chevrons would be a great starting point.
    I have a diamond dot painting that I spent an hour on from last Christmas so you could mean that too.
    Nothing speaks my love language quite like scrapbooking.
    I have started exploring art journaling - so lets do that.

Karen and Cherylndesigns like this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I tried bonsai a long time ago - have fun with it, Anne.

I'm anxious to get back to my Bible journaling and my TN journaling. I have one desk to do everything on right now and that isn't enough space for much more than my laptop and my lamp. When we get in our new home, I'll have a dedicated scraproom again. I hope to be in so I can do December Daily in my TN journals again this year. I'm currently doing one project on our kitchen table. Makes for a mess out there. I make such a mess when I do anything. :spin

Karen likes this.
  6. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I'd like to get back to cross-stitching, but for now I don't have any place to lay out my embroidery thread w/o them getting tangled up by one of my housemates.

Karen likes this.
  7. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Well I tried Hand Lettering a few months back -- it is going to take a lot of practice... haven't picked it up in months.

I have been playing Animal Crossing since July - and never really played video games before that even though my children play them constantly. My oldest was even a professional gamer for about a year.

I need to finish a Cross stitch Christmas stocking - first cross stitch I have done in years. I have 2 months to get it done...

Karen likes this.
  8. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Every once in awhile I'll come across something I want to try...and then quickly realize I have no time. LOL.

Painting & drawing (something I used to do back in the day) - I see my girls' creations and I want to try again.
    Piano - Also something I used to do and would love to have more time to sit down and practice again.

Sewing & crocheting always look fun...but I don't think I would have patience for it.

Cooking - I see cool recipes and I want to try them all! I think it would be fun to get better at cooking and baking. This is something I do try every once in awhile... I guess I feel like it's a little more useful with my family.

Also, my hubby wants me to write a book. I've made a chapter list but that's it.

Pretty much to do any of these things I would have to give up scrapbooking and running...not sure I want to do that!

Karen likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I am really wanting to do some other crafty things like reverse canvas and wood pieces (painting and stenciling). I'm hoping to have some time soon. I've tried knitting and crocheting and like it for a while, then just kind of let it go.

Karen likes this.
  10. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I keep reading this as hubby . . .

I would like to try some abstract panting.

Karen likes this.
  11. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Painting and drawing, but this year I have been doing that , just not very consistently .
    Art Patchwork, This has been a dream of mine on and off for years, and years.... 2 snags here I am not very good on cutting precisely ,and even less good at sewing fiddley small bits.
    I took a patchwork class, am going back this year ( covid permitting ) but it is straight forward normal patchwork, not the more freehand art style .... hopefully my skill level will increase so I can do it ( some time )

Karen likes this.
  12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am an official hobby collector. I LOVE to try new things. I think the appeal to me is in the learning and seeing if I can figure out how to do something myself rather than just buy something I like.

That would be so cool if you took up bonsai! I wouldn't even know where to start and also I KNOW that my two black thumbs (as opposed to green thumbs) would make this a bad choice for me. :giggle

13. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

There's nothing new I want to try right now but I'd love to take up quilting again. I briefly dabbled in it years ago and have the top of a quilt finished but never put together, plus I managed to collect a stash of fabric that would be great to use. I also took up knitting again a couple of years ago when the first grandbabies started arriving.

14. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

I finally taught myself to knit a few years ago and love it in the winter when you want to cuddle with something warm, but I haven’t ever done any cables and I want to learn cables so badly. But, obviously not badly enough to invest time and energy.

15. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

sewing. I bought a sewing machine about 6 years ago to try to make stuff. I made sleep masks for a sleepover for my daughter, cup cozies for a gift exchange, and now all I do is sew on patches for scouts. LOL. someday I will do more.

16. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I kept thinking I wanted to do abstract watercolor and was given a box of 6x6 watercolor paper. I finally realized I could do it digitally with masks and transfers. CMD Z is my true love! The box of paper is going to a friend who does paint!

17. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I want to try muay thai once we are post-COVID. I'm anxious that the local studio I found might not accept me/only have beautiful fit people and shut me out but you don't know until you know, right? I also haven't mentioned it to anyone else as I know I have some family members who would ridicule me for ever thinking that was something I could do.

18. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

[​IMG]
    i don't know how people juggle hobbies - i have many unfinished projects i could go back to if i wanted to but digiscrapping is just cleaner and easier #winwin