Who's on 2nd? | Pad Patter 10.19.2020

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Oct 19, 2020.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Actually, I think Who's on first...but I doubt neither Abbott nor Costello can keep track ;)

But......

Speaking of 2nd base....Let's talk about bras this week. We covered the other end last week (hee hee...pun totally intended)...so how about the ladies? I HATE bras.....I hate that I'm large chested and must not only wear a bra all the time, but one with an underwire. BLECH.... Sports bras aren't fun either and I certainly can't actually exercise in a sports bra without risk I'll give myself a black eye.

So...now that I've overshared again...Do you have a favorite bra?

cinna and Cherylndesigns like this.
  2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

LOVE YOU!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  4. FarrahJobling

I'm so jealous! You're so lucky =)

Angela Toucan likes this.
  5. Dalis

If I can get away with not wearing one I won't. Most winter I don't since you have so many layers anyway. LOL!~!!

When I have to (like to work) I do love the vanishing bra by Soma! LOVE IT! When I take it off it doesn't make my boobies hurt from being trapped in a contraption all day.

FarrahJobling likes this.
  6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Me either....I am a weird size (plus size in the band but tiny cup size) which isn’t everywhere so haven’t bothered to get any yet. I have found somewhere that offers my sizing and virtual fittings in Australia so just waiting for enough money to buy something but I also want to wait to make the investment until I’ve lost more weight. I do have a few bralettes and singlets I use instead. I wear singlets most often to cover a huge under bust to belly button scar

Angela Toucan and FarrahJobling like this.
  7. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm boob heavy. :giggle I'm a 38DDD (usually a size 10 in pants, and L/XL depending on material for tops/stretchability for my chest). I buy from Cacique. Love the bras, and I wait for the B1G1 sales. They are usually $42 or so each. I've also gotten my strapless bras there too. Though, with strapless, I have to go a cup size larger. They have multiple kinds, but I really have to say they make buying bras easier once I know what I like. (No padding or super light padding, full coverage).

https://cacique.lanebryant.com/

My fav everyday: https://cacique.lanebryant.com/modern-lace-unlined-full-coverage-bra/prd-244457#color/0000006395

8. FarrahJobling

Thanks...I'm going to check them out. =)

I used to be a 34C before kids...and now I have 2 kids and have gained a lot of weight so I'm at a 38DD+. I might have to try the DDD...I haven't seen them before

jk703 likes this.
  9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Love front close bras. Been wearing them for almost 20 years. Those were a must when I had my rotator cuff surgery. I've always struggled to fasten the bra in front then pull it around and when I had the surgery there was no way I could move my right arm to do that. Yeah, I'm weird. I love front close since it is just like putting on a blouse.

My favorite brand over the years has been 2 different styles from Playtex. I just bought new during this last year since I lost weight and they changed one of the styles a little. I don't like it as well but I still wear it.

I even have front close sports bras and will wear them a lot during the summer when I wear tank style tops.

10. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

My favourite is the one that is in the wash so I don't have to wear it. I hate them who invented them any way ?

jk703, FarrahJobling and cfile like this.
  11. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

My favorite bra is NO bra. I'm grateful I don't have much need for one. I only wear one when I leave the house, and occasionally even skip it then. Most of mine are these pullover, light support things, somewhat like a sports bra but with less fabric. In the winter, I wear camisoles with a "bra" layer inside with elastic at the bottom, so lightly supportive; I wear it for the warmth more than for the support.

12. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I HAVE to wear one, however, all I wear are sports bras now. I don't ever dress up, so they work for me. I guess if I had to dress up, I'd have to dig one of mine out of my drawer. Ugh.

13. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I hate bras and when I'm not working, I don't wear one at all if I can get away with it. But my 34C socks full of change (as I affectionately call them) require some support if I'm going to be around people lol. My bras are cheapos and I can't even remember where I got them. I guess at some point I should invest in a good one.

14. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Wacoal - they are expensive but really support. I call them medieval torture devises but these are the best I have found.
    I would like to find some without underwire that really support, but....

15. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I have the opposite problem of most of you. I don't really have boobs. LOL. Mine are so tiny that I have a hard time finding the right kind of bra.

16. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

The last bras I bought came from Costco, two in a box, and thank god they fit and felt fine when I got home to try them on. Hallelujah!!! I may get myself to Soma later this year since they do fittings. 38D Our local Nordstom closed as did Lord and Taylor so only Macys is around and the last time I tried buying any bra there they had one teenage girl in the department who was bored out of her mind. Fittings? :lmao

But like @Dalis in winter I have some plain old camisoles that are fine under a ls t-shirt and a fleece vest.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Dalis likes this.
  17. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

I am SO on your team @FarrahJobling!!! And not wearing a bra is not an option because I would feel more uncomfortable without one. No - don't let the babes out! They can't be trusted...:giggle

18. Dalis

Camisoles for the WIN!!!!!!!!! I love Eddie Bauer's camisoles.

19. Dalis

Soma has tons of $30 deals, which is a good price for their super support bras. I am a 40A/B. It's really hard to find. I have a super wide back and almost no boobies. LOL!!!!

20. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Well, I feel weird: I actually don't mind wearing a bra! But full respect for anyone who chooses to go bra-less ...

My favourite bra is a bit spendy, which is why I only buy it on sale (sometimes at Nordstrom's Rack, sometimes through amazon). It's the Natori Feathers underwire contour bra, and it's the best bra I have yet to discover. It's an underwire, but it's completely comfortable; and it has pretty lace edging; and it comes in lots of lovely colours. (The sizing is a bit funky: I'm normally a 34C, but with Natori I'm a 32D).

That said: @cookingmylife, I totally want to buy my next bra at Costco!

cookingmylife likes this.