WEEK 2 - OCT 2020 MUSE CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by wombat146, Oct 13, 2020.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

OCTOBER-MUSE-HEADER-2020.jpg

Hi everyone, welcome to the October Muse Challenge.

This month I wanted to keep it simple so I decided on scrapping about the seasons, but adding just a slight twist. :)

Each week we will look at one of the seasons and for each week I want you to include the following THREE things on your layout:

1. Tell me what you like (or dislike) about this particular season (You can use journaling or just some word art).
    2. CHOOSE a colour palette that YOU feel represents this particular season for YOU. (For instance, you may like to scrap an autumn page using blue and purple because YOU like it.)
    3. Include a texture(s) or geometrics shape(s) that represent this particular season for YOU.

You may scrap about anything you like but you need to include those three things on your layout.

WEEK 2 - WINTER
    I am sorry guys but I didn't get a mood/inspiration board done this week, only just remember about it about 5 minutes ago! LOL! But I am sure you can all find some inspiration on the net, like Pinterest, if you are really stuck. :)

I always enjoy winter, for me it's a much needed respite from our Aussie heat. On the mainland, at our old place, our nights and early mornings would be a bit cold, but the rest of the day would be very pleasant. Down here in Tassie it is far more colder but after living through two winters now down here I still love it! Of course, our Aussie winters are nothing like what you guys experience in the northern part of the globe! :)

Here is my page, I used a photo of a sparrow I had taken last winter, sitting up in the bare branches of my neighbour's tree. I love seeing those stark branches against the sky, and I love how the browns of the sparrow blend in with the branches as well, such a lovely earthly colour.

12x12-SPARROW---WINTER.jpg
    Credits can be found in the gallery.

I met the challenge conditions by:
    1. Tell me what you like (or dislike) about this particular season - I used journaling plus some wordart as well.
    2. CHOOSE a colour palette that YOU feel represents this particular season for YOU. - I chose an icy blue and white palette with touches of some earthy browns and greens thrown in.
    3. Include a texture(s) or geometrics shape(s) that represent this particular season for YOU. - I added some textured background paper along paint transfers that included some ice crystal outlines.

RULES FOR WEEK 2:
    Scrap about any winter related topic, but you need to include these three things on your layout:

1. Tell me what you like (or dislike) about WINTER. (You can use journaling or just some word art or both :)).
    2. CHOOSE a colour palette that YOU feel represents this particular season for YOU. (For instance, you may like to scrap a winter page using blue and purple because YOU like it.)
    3. Include a texture(s) or geometrics shape(s) that represent WINTER for YOU.

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without a photo. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you.

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to October 31, 2020 EST and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

After all the amazing Autumn layouts you created last week, I am sure you guys will come up with some stunning pages this week as well!! Have fun!! :)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    Angela Toucan likes this.
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]

I love the idea of Winter, the cold and snow that we don't experience. i am sure that the reality of the cold and the sludge of melting snow is different to live with than experience for a few days every once in a while.
    I love the white, pink and blue pastel colour scheme, so pretty and light.
    My geometric shapes were snowflakes.

wombat146 likes this.
  3. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

4. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

This was FUN! I dislike Winter..
    Here is how I used the prompts
    1. Tell me what you like (or dislike) about WINTER. (You can use journaling or just some word art or both :)). My journaling talks about my dislike of Winter.
    2. CHOOSE a colour palette that YOU feel represents this particular season for YOU. (For instance, you may like to scrap a winter page using blue and purple because YOU like it.) I chose, silver, grey, white and pale blue - because the City always feels like a mix of these colours in the Winter and they feel quite cold as a palette, which sums up Winter for me.
    3. Include a texture(s) or geometrics shape(s) that represent WINTER for YOU. I went with chevrons, because I always feel like I am zig zagging around trying to avoid the cold, the snow and the ice - LOL! I also added some texture to the edges of my layout and some paint splatters that felt like snow!
    [​IMG]

Lillyia and wombat146 like this.
  5. wombat146

Fabulous layouts so far!

@Eyeore Stef, yes, you are in the southern hemisphere like me so no abundance of snow, and I totally agree with your thoughts on the reality of living with snow, would be totally different having to live in it and with it each winter! :) We have a few place here on our island of Tasmania that get snow throughout the winter......... we recently visited the Highlands a few weeks ago to see some late winter snow, and while it was fun to visit, don't think I could live there for any length of time! :)

@KAPOH LOL! I had to laugh out loud at your journaling, loved it! and yes, totally agree, would much rather see it in the trees and on top of mountains rather than on the roads where it turns to slush. :)

@Claire Grantham Loved reading the concept behind your stunning layout, as mentioned above, while I love winter, our winters down here in Australia are from extreme. :)

Off to leave some love your wonderful layouts! :)

6. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for the thought-provoking challenge, Ona. I answered all three of your questions and posted them in the gallery. Having just moved from a tropical climate, I'm a little concerned about what winter's going to be like. I don't mind winter, as I grew up with 4 seasons. It's just going to be a big change.

[​IMG]

8. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Well this was fun for me! I love Christmas, all the sparkles and the ornaments and the colours, but not traditional red and green and the food and, and, and. I love it all! For me it's the magic and I tried to convey that. The circles are my graphic shape, because every December, I start going to all the shops not to buy presents (because I do that all year) but to see the new ornaments. Thanks for the challenge!
    [​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  9. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

My section for winter is included. :-)

[​IMG]

10. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Another Great! Muse This Month!...First It Was Fall!...My Fav!...Now It Is WINTER!...Not My Fav!...LOL!...But There Are Many Things About Winter That I Do Like!...& That Especially Makes My Mind Wander To My Favorite Things About Winter!...So I Decided To Focus In On 4 Of My Favorite Things About Winter!...There Are More Specific Things But I Felt This Was Where I Needed To Go Creatively...To Keep Everything Cohesive! In One Layout...

#1. Winter Trees Glistening With Snow
    #2. Christmas Lights
    #3. Rudolph
    #4. Family Get-Togethers At Christmas

*So The Layout Was Gonna Be A Not Too Busy Type Of Layout...More Like An Homage...But Once I Started Creating...The Layout Went Where It Went...LOL!...Still An Homage To Winter...But Ending Up Looking Like I Was Primarily Celebrating What I LOVE! About Christmas!...But The Goal Was Your Favorite Things About WINTER!!!...& These Are...After All...My Favorite Things About Winter!...I Just Didn't Think It Would End-Up Looking This Christmas-sy!...And On Top Of All That...This Layout SERIOUSLY! Took Me Way Too Long To Create!...But What Can A Creative Scrappy-Girl Do?...The Creative Muse Goes Where She Wants To Go!...& This Is The Journey She Took Me On Today...To Create/Complete This Layout!!!...So O.K.!...LOL!...

*For My The Best Parts Of Winter Layout-I Used:

*Forestier/Heartfelt Paints-Lynn Grieveson
    *Witching Hour/Countdown To Christmas-Little Butterfly Wings
    *Christmas Baking/White Christmas/Snow And Ice-Kristin Aagard
    *Be Very Merry & Resin Bits 8-Christmas-Mommyish
    *Happy Christmas-Aimee Harrison(2)
    *Baby It's Cold Outside-Gennifer Bursett(1)
    *Frosty-Harper Finch(3)
    *Make Art & Journal:Template No.1-Rachel Jefferies

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  11. wombat146

Fabulous additions since I last popped into this thread!! Gorgeous work ladies! :happyclap

12. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

as I created a very full page with one of Lynn's artful starter books, I've decided to use the same style for the remainder of the seasons too. Creating something that looks a bit cluttered is rather outside the box and pushing me a bit.
    [​IMG]

13. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

this is winter for me

[​IMG]

14. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

15. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

16. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

17. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Winters colors are blues and tans, we don't have snow where I live but it can get cold and foggy which I represented with a hazy texture.
    [​IMG]

18. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I have my winter picture!!!! took it this morning! I love the pic! I hope I can make it justice!

wombat146 likes this.
  19. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Thank you for the inspiration!
    I chose triangles for winter because they remind me both of Christmas trees and mountains.
    [​IMG]