October Inspiration Challenge

Discussion in 'October 2020 Challenges' started by ashleywb, Sep 28, 2020.

1. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Happy October everyone!! Welcome to a new month of challenges.

I have created a simple mood board for this month's inspiration challenge. Here in the northern hemisphere we are moving into autumn and for me the season alone is inspiring! However, your page does not have to be fall focused - you can take inspiration from the colors, the perspective of the photos, the natural elements, the quote (starting over sounds good about now!), etc.

My Post-2.jpg

Here's my page inspired by apples and fall colors!
    10.20fallfrolic-web.jpg

Gentle Reminder: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the October Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Looking forward to seeing your pages!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    vixen, G.J., Angela Toucan and 4 others like this.
  2. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Gorgeous board and I love that quote!

3. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

I was inspired by the color palette, love the rich bold colors
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  4. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

Thanks for the wonderful challenge. I was inspired by fall/fall colors. Here's my layout.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  5. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Thanks! The quote felt really timely to me - I think we could all use a fresh start!

AJK and cinna like this.
  6. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

obvioulsy inspired by the fall leaves

[​IMG]

ashleywb likes this.
  7. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Inspired by the road under the canopy of trees.
    [​IMG]

rlucasmn and ashleywb like this.
  8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

9. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Pure and Simple, that purple leaf called my name. (and the other falls colours with it!)
    [​IMG]

ashleywb likes this.
  10. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

The picture with feet:
    [​IMG]

rlucasmn, vixen and ashleywb like this.
  11. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Leaves and fall colors
    [​IMG]

ashleywb likes this.
  12. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Inspired by the fall colors and leaves.
    [​IMG]

ashleywb likes this.
  13. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Colors of fall, fall leaves, checkered pattern

[​IMG]

14. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

I was inspired by the fall colors and the leaves
    [​IMG]

15. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Normally I Would Be Scrapping About How Much I LOVE! Fall! & I Do...But This Layout Has A Specific Purpose Today...& It's A Bit Of A Difficult Subject Matter For Me Personally...Ray & I Have Been Living In The Same Apartment Complex For Over 20 Years Now...The Building Was Just Sold & Bought By New Owners!...We Just Felt In Our Hearts That Something Life-Changing Was About To Happen!...& It Did! Yesterday Now...After Many Inspectors Came & Went In A Few Weeks!...We Were Told That The Entire Building Is Being Restructured...And Our Apartment Is Being Gutted Completely!...They Are Turning The Building Into Condo Type Apartments That Are Furnished & Wi-Fi Included In The Rent!...The Rent Will Most Likely Double!...They Predict That About 60% Of The Tenants Will Move Out!...But They Don't Care...It's All About Their Bottom Line Here...It's A Business!...& WAIT FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...We ARE BEING EVICTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...We Have 115 Days! To Get The HE**! OUT!...And Find A New Place To LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Ray Wants To Be Out By The End of November...Before The First Snow Storms Hit Us!!!!...

So There's That...Smack In The Face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...OMG!...And I Just Found Out A Few Days Ago That I'm Going To Have Minor/Major Surgery On Oct.23rd...Blood Work On The 20th & Surgery On The 23rd!...I Have Been Waiting For 4 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now For My HERNIA! SURGERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I'm FLABERGHASTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Surgery Out Of The Blue!...After 4 Years Of Waiting!...How Could All This Be Happening NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!...I Have To Re-Coop From Surgery...& Literally Pack Up Our Lives!...& Get Out!...

I Was So Overwhelmed Yesterday...I Cried A Little!...Got Angry A Little!...Then Calmed Down!...We Are Both Still Reeling!...But I've Accepted Everything Now!...So I Started Creating A Ton Of Layouts!...It Filled My Time! & My Brain!...So I Saw This Challenge Here...All About Fall Colors!...I Bought A New Kit From Forever Joy Called Second Spring!...It's All About Fall's! Beautiful! Colors!...So Off! I Went To Scrap About my Feelings!...The Main Theme Of The Layout Is "BURIED:...Feeling BURIED!...Being BURIED!...I Think You Get The Theme...

So I'm In The Background...You Can See The Top Of My Head!...My Hands Holding My Camera!...A Bit Of My Denim Jacket! & My Scarf!...But That's All You Can See!...I'm Lost! & BURIED! Behind All The WA! & Autumn BEAUTY!...You Can Even See The Butterflies There Too!...LOL!...I Always Have To Throw In That HOPE! Factor!...No Matter What Life Will Throw At Me...[Us]...We Will Survive!...We Will Move On!...We Will Give This Place The Finger! & Say Good-Bye!...Albeit With A Few Tears!...But We Will Move On!...To Where We Don't Know Yet!...But We Will Figure It All Out!...Somehow!!!...So This Layout Visualizes How I Felt In That Moment...

*A Special Thanks! To Everyone Who Read The Whole Story...I Wasn't Gonna Post The Whole Story...But I Said..WELL!...This Is The Absolute! Truth!...So Now You All Know!...[We'll Anyone Who Visits My Gallery!...That Is...]...

*For My As A Matter Of Fact:ME Layout-I Used:Second Spring-ForeverJoy

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    ashleywb likes this.
  16. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

Inspired by grid, bright colours and the quote.
    [​IMG]

ashleywb likes this.
  17. Meibritt

Meibritt CT - Kate Hadfield

Inspired by the colors, the apples and the layout.
    Thanks for the challenge.

[​IMG]

ashleywb likes this.
  18. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

The leaves and colors of autumn were my inspiration!

[​IMG]

rlucasmn and ashleywb like this.
  19. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for the challenge. I was inspired by all of the colors and even used some of the blue from one of your mood boards.

[​IMG]

ashleywb likes this.
  20. andersm

andersm You can check out anytime you like ...

I loved this challenge! I used the Fall vibe, the pumpkins, the color gray and leaves as my inspiration.
    [​IMG]

trekmom and ashleywb like this.