SLOW SCRAP CHAT 9/30 2PM EST | CLOSED-

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by MrsPeel, Sep 30, 2020.

1. AnnaB

AnnaB Well-Known Member

2. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you Cynthia ♥️

[​IMG]

MrsPeel and umyesh like this.
  3. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I tried something different, hope it's what you meant about cut-up! and thanks for the chat, even with the trolls!

[​IMG]

MrsPeel and AJK like this.
  4. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Ok, Cynthia- didn't expect this, but the challenge became therapeutic. I didn't know what photo to use, but chose a recent one of my parents. I couldn't scrap it right away because it was hard to see, it's been almost 3 years since I went up north. Dad is dealing with late stages of Alz, and I can't imagine the shock of the differences since last time. Then he would sit in his recliner and stare silently for long periods of time. It was sad. Since then, he has forgotten who my son is and son's family, and other extended family members. The great grey cloud is hovering. They NEVER argued in front of us kids. We never heard them raise their voices to one another. But sister tells me that has been happening- probably due to elevated frustrations and "not going gently into that night".I know the day of him forgetting me is near. That's also hard to imagine. Why the Lord allows this, I do not comprehend. But this is the first time I was able to really "look" at my feelings about them- they are slipping away, fading out of my life.Mom recently said she "has to stick around until 'someone else' passes". She is fighting depression.The initial pain of it is fierce, but there is a slow and steady current of peace beneath. I cried through the whole making of this page. Thank you.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    MrsPeel likes this.
  5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

This was so much fun! It took me forever but I love the result! Thanks Cynthia!
    [​IMG]

6. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Sorry I missed the scrap, but what a fun challenge! It really worked for me documenting progress I've made. Thanks @MrsPeel :bk
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel, AJK and marijke like this.
  7. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

I wish I had been there with you all, but alas, had to work. Thanks for the great directions though, @MrsPeel !
    [​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  8. Sharon-Dewi

Sharon-Dewi Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for this inspiring challenge @MrsPeel! I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend the chat.
    I've split a picture into 4 letters to create a title!

[​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  9. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I think I'm on time with about 15 minutes to spare! I lost my first layout, photo splits and all. Was giving it up, but then I started one this afternoon.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel likes this.
  10. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Thanks so much everyone!!!!! O am closing this now, will sort out everything tomorrow, I still didn't manage to sleep, will try in a bit now. Happy DSD, we have the cha6t tomorrow with Christa, hope to see you there!!!!!

cinderella likes this.
  11. MrsPeel

ok, my lovelies, I just sent you the participation coupon, I will go to your galleries tomorrow, the way my brain is right now I wont be able to express myself in the way you deserve!!!!!!
    Thanks once again!!!!

@AJK Amanda.... I'm glad that it helped at least get through a creative process .... and, I know.
    My husband has Multiple Sclerosis AND Dementia, he was diagnosed the MS when Sarita was 2.... he is only 55 now.... Sarita is 24 ...and yes, one needs a very very strong Faith when going through cruel diseases like it....
    Huggzzz, as I sad, I am glad that at least was able to work as therapy of some kind.... funnily enough, what brou8ght me to scrap booking in the first place was because I wanted to make Sarita her years' books, for her to know her Dad was an amazing human being, husband, father, before the thing took over.......
    Thanks for playing, once again :)

AJK likes this.
  12. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Love this, and love kintsugi! I learned of it from reading the book "The Story of With".

redplaid3 and MrsPeel like this.
  13. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

@MrsPeel I'm So Sorry Dearest...I Totally Spaced On This Challenge...I Was Up Most Of The Night Sick...I Know I Have Missed The Deadline...But I Created A Layout Just The Same...My Girl Has Been Torn Into Pieces...Creatively Speaking...Half-Hazardly-To Look Like The Rays Of The Sun...She's Full Of Bright! Color!...& Positivity!...Growing Each Day...Ready To Embrace The Unknown Future World Of Covid-19...

*To Create My Embrace Your Future Layout- I Used:

*Life Is:Keeping Memories Alive-Bundle-Little Butterfly Wings
    *Sprout-Lynn Grieveson
    *Second Spring-ForeverJoy
    *Mixed Media Monthly-June 2016-We Were Made To Thrive-Nancie Rowe Janitz
    *Fall Fairy Garden-Kristin Aagard
    *Imagine-PT-Styles-Color-Overlay-NBK Design
    *Hello 2018-Color Style-Overlay-Style 158-NBK Design
    *June 2018-BYOC-Styles-Puffy Sticker-Mommyish

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    MrsPeel likes this.
  14. MrsPeel

Ladies, I have been to your galleries up to Linda's page @redplaid3
    I will come back to see and comment in the rest a bit later, for some reason I am craving sugar right now and we have NOTHING in the house so I may have to order someth8ing (cheekey me)
    But hey, you all have done so so gorgeous pages!!!!!

I will be back later, for the rest of the pages and....it will be difficult to pick just one page, you ladies break my hart with so much goodness!!!!!![​IMG]

15. MrsPeel

Ladies, thank you SO SO much for playing along, all your pages are beautiful, love seeing how everyone tales the idea and adapts, and in truth, I wish I had money to give extra to everyone..... I'm gonna give a GC to both @umyesh & @redplaid3 as I did say I would pick the most creative, outside the box split (I would be in trouble if it was to award the best page in general because ALL of you have done awesome pages!!!!!
    Thanks so so much for playing with us, once again, love you with all my heart!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

and a kiss from Bart in case someone is in my side of the world awake!!!

[​IMG]

umyesh likes this.
  16. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

Kiss you a milion times, Bart!

MrsPeel likes this.
  17. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Thank you so much Cynthia!

MrsPeel likes this.
  18. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Thank you so much @MrsPeel . You are so sweet!

MrsPeel and umyesh like this.
  19. MrsPeel

LOL @Roxana

Ladies, thank YOU so so much for playing with me!!!!
    I will get to the other scrap pages...need top take a break from the screen, be back in a bit!!!!!