***CLOSED/winner announced*** BYOC Color Inspiration Challenge | DSD 2020

Discussion in 'DSD 2020 Party Pad' started by norton94, Sep 28, 2020.

1. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Monica @umyesh for her winning palette
    My Spring
    [​IMG]

------------------------------------------------
    With the blahs of 2020, I've been looking forward to this so much! I'm super excited to host my absolute favorite challenge of all... the color palette contest for an upcoming BYOC!
    BYOC stands for Build Your Own Collection, and The Lilypad designers create a mixable collection every month with one color palette, so all the items can be used together like one enormous collection. This is your chance to ask for what you want by submitting a mood board of something you'd like to see. It's of course color, but you also inspire mood or theme. After several rounds of voting, the designers and team pick the entry that inspires them the most... and the winner gets the entire BYOC made from their submission! It's a windfall!

Our last winner (from iNSD 2020 in May) was Ruthe14 - Here is what she submitted for the August 2020 BYOC.

[​IMG]

credit https://www.dapperfoxdesign.com/blog/devon-dennis-spiritual-life-coach-logo-brand-website

And this is the ad previewing what The Lilypad designers made.
    mail8-20.jpg

Your job with this challenge is to think like a designer... you'll be selecting colors for our March 2021 BYOC.

Details/Rules {listen up}
    • Post up to three entries - mood boards or color palettes - in this thread
    • Challenge closes at 11am EDT on Tuesday, Oct 6
    • Link us up to the source for your palette or to the photos you used to make your own. **Credit of sources is required** If the photos are your own please state that.
    • Do not use images from within the scrapbooking industry - neither paper nor digi.
    • PRIZE: the entry with the winning palette will receive the entire March 2021 BYOC when it is released!!!
    • The most recent winner is not eligible (from NSD 2020)
    The TLP Designers and Pollys will be voting for their favorite color themes of those submitted. Since the voting is usually very close, it takes about a week to narrow the submissions down to the top three. A second vote is done to get from the final three to the winning BYOC palette! I will announce the winner and winning palette as soon as possible, which usually takes about two weeks.

Helpful hints:

1) Judging from past winners - It really helps to have an visually appealing original palette with a larger number of colors or themed images, so keep that in mind when putting together your submissions.

2) If you need a little help getting your creative juices flowing, TLP has a board dedicated to "Inspiration :: Mood Boards & Color Palettes" which is chock full of ideas to spark your creativity!

3) Another place to see what we mean about mood boards is the Salted Ink website - on the portfolio page there are 20+ concept ideas with colors/mood/branding for different clients - some more elaborate than others. There are many, many websites to find palettes, such as Design Seeds, Love Print Studio Blog (both her COLOUR Crush and Moodboards sections), etc. etc. These are great places to get ideas or gather parts of your board.

4) Advertising or magazines are great inspiration too! You may find images or layout ideas. Be sure to credit.

Finally, consider doing something unique with your ideas, trust me we've seen a lot of pre-made boards submitted. Some of these have been submitted twice a year for several years. Some have won years ago and been used. They don't win again. You can assure it's fresh if you make the palette yourself... search Pinterest or other online sources for images that demonstrate your color and mood vision. You can even create a secret board on Pinterest to collect and then curate your inspiring images. The nice thing with this method is that it preserves your sources for when you need to credit your sources.

I can't wait to see what you all submit, it's always so inspirational and soooo hard to pick favorites, much less the winning palette!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    umyesh likes this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

3. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

4. dotcomkari

5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    Template is Scrapping with Liz: Funky Artsy Paper Templates.
    Photos are mine

norton94 likes this.
  6. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

7. dotcomkari

[​IMG]
    Crazy about the patterns and colors of an Indian wedding! <3

Photos came from Indianweddingsite.com

norton94 likes this.
  8. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

[​IMG]

All images found on Pinterest and added to this one board, for easy verification. The wavy rainbow is just a PS shape.

norton94 likes this.
  9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

ooh! this thread is always so pretty, can't wait for March 2021!
    [​IMG]

10. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

11. StefanieS

12. StefanieS

13. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

14. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

15. Yvonne

Yvonne Active Member

16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

17. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

18. meagan43

meagan43 Um, did you know that you're wrong?

Okay, I have to be honest - I have never made anything like this, but this is one that is not only forefront of mind because I am planning to scrapbook it next, but dear to my heart.
    Last year, my family and I paid tribute to Mr. Stan Lee (Marvel creator) for the Disneyland Oogie Boogie Bash. We each chose one of Stan's Marvel movie cameos to portray - did you know that he is in almost all of them, even the cartoon ones!?! I would love for this comic/superhero style color and mood board to be picked so that I will be able to scrap all the pictures that we took that night!
    These are my pictures, with the exception of Mr. Lee, which I found at nme.com
    This color palette would be great for Superheros (obviously), but is all such a fun palette with lots of options.
    (I am the one of the right in the black bartender costume)
    http://meaganshowto.blogspot.com/
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    norton94 likes this.
  19. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

20. yellowpeep

yellowpeep Spaaaarrrrrkkkleeeee

This is always one of my favorite challenges. I love the palettes everyone shares!
    [​IMG]