***CLOSED*** WINNER ANNOUNCED***GTKY: 3 things you might not know about me | DSD 2020

Discussion in 'DSD 2020 Party Pad' started by amandac, Oct 1, 2020.

1. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I've been pretty active here -- and wordy (I love to write) -- so I can't guarantee I can think of things you don't know about me. :D

1. When the post office began having difficulties in the spring, I suggested to a few friends that we become pen pals. Three of them and I have been writing quite regularly, and though it is strange to have such a slow communication, it's also awesome. ❤️

2. I have a small plant (Nephthytis) living in a little yellow plastic pot on my desk; the only plant in my house. I received it from a student in my homeschool co-op photography class in spring 2018 and I'm very proud that it's still alive because I have barely ever managed to take care of any plants ever, including a couple of poor attempts at gardening. I even managed to neglect an aloe vera cactus to death (I claim distraction from giving all my attention to my three kids who were preschool-early school-age at the time). :oops: The Nepthytis is very good at telling me it's thirsty by drooping. :happy

3. I've been to Catalina Island (California) twice (1992 and 1997, if I remember correctly) and I learned to snorkel there, which was one of the most awesome and literally breathtaking experiences I've ever had. This item was inspired by my desktop wallpaper on my new iMac that I got last month thanks to the generosity of a friend of my husband. :love

amandac, esahin and KimJ like this.
  2. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

1. I am a recovering alcoholic. It almost runined my life my relationships and my marriage. I finally stopped drinking when my grandson was born. Whew...can't beleive I said that, but I hope it helps anyone who has an addiction. I am now addicted to water. I have my own Yeti cup and it is full all the time.
    2. I have severe pancreatitis. I developed it just months after my oldest brother died of pancratic cancer and a year after I lost a dear scrapping designer friend to pancreatic cancer (Jill Walls). Pancreatitis has put me in the hospital 3 times and one time I spent 3 days in the hospital. I just ate fried calamari and crab cakes and it drove my Lipase level up. I have a very limited diet- little protein (no beef at all) lots of vegies and fruits.
    3. I love going to Sandals (all inclusive) resorts and to the Carribbean. My husband and I have been to 3- The Islands of Grenada, St. Lucia and Barbadoes. I have also been to Nassau and the Island of St. Martin.

3. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

1. DH and I hosted 3 high school exchange students in the 1990's. A boy from Italy, a girl from Germany, a girl from Japan.

2. I was a member of the Peter Noone fan club (Herman's Hermits). I saw them twice in Chicago, both times before I was 16. I have no idea how my parents let me travel to the old McCormick Place at that young age. Within a month or two of the first concert, McCormick Place burned to the ground.

3. I don't have cable TV or a smart phone and I survive.

SeattleSheri, amandac, esahin and 2 others like this.
  4. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

Oh this is awesome I have learnt so much about you all :)
    Here are my 3 things
    1. I am an only child, I love being an only child and I really dislike the question 'but don't you wish you had siblings' no I do not.

2. I'm tall - 6ft to be exact (my husband is 5ft6) and I am considered the 'midget' in my extended family, as I am the shortest one. And I LOVE being tall, it's one of my most fave things about being me.

3. I can sing, I always loved to sing, but was terrible at it. I had to have a major operation when I was 31 and to help my stomach muscles recover, they suggested singing lessons. It was the best thing ever, now I have a very good singing voice, which people are always surprised by.

5. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

YAAASSS I am a Sci-fi girl too AND I love that you have a hot temper.. me too.

amandac, tinkerbell1112 and grrfluudy like this.
  6. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

1. I'm an introvert. I'm not very good at initiating conversations.

2. I've been a digital scrapbooker for 15 years. I've learned so much in that time.

3. I grow tomatoes and squash in my garden every year. They're the only thing I can consistently get to grow.

amandac, esahin, KimJ and 1 other person like this.
  7. BLKinOR

BLKinOR Well-Known Member

3 things you might not know about me:
    Pandemic time at home has reminded me of my love for wearing pajamas.
    2. Even though I love digital scrapbooking, sometime I yearn for paper.
    3. I have a TBR pile of books that threatens my safety!

8. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

ooh! fun, love reading all these!

1. I have visited 5 of the 6 Disney's around the world (first trip to a Disney park was when I turned 30)
    2. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for soon to be 17 years!
    3. I just bought a pasta machine!

amandac, esahin, KimJ and 2 others like this.
  9. AnotherAmanda

AnotherAmanda Well-Known Member

1. I dislike exercising but still workout 5 to 6 days a week because I really like food.

2. I only went to public school for kindergarten and I went to catholic schools for 12 years. (And state college bc it was cheaper)

3. I tend to buy kitchen stuff (cookbooks, appliances, fancy ingredients) but never use it or use it once and forget. Yes, I dislike cooking it’s messy and never ending. If I were rich I’d have a chef.

jk703, amandac, esahin and 3 others like this.
  10. Cinzia

Cinzia Well-Known Member

1. I am happier living out of a suitcase.

2. I used to be a part owner in a nightclub. (don't tell my students)

3. Figure skating is my one true love (don't tell my husband, but I suspect he already knows)

11. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

Yes!! Me too, except by now people who know me have absolutely no doubt I love sci-fi! Actually my fiancé and I hit it off because of our love of Star Trek, Next Gen, Firefly, etc. and we talked during my BIL’s entire birthday lunch like we’d known each other forever instead of it being the first time we’d really talked. ♥️♥️

amandac and tinkerbell1112 like this.
  12. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

Ok about me.
    1. I hardly ever DigiScrap anymore, but TLP is my home and will always be in my heart no matter what. I try to scrap. It’s just been hard after my Dad passed away —3 years this month. Even when I’m not trying to scrap about him. I still buy things and check the challenges every month.
    2. I got engaged in March to my boyfriend of 5 1/2ish years!!! I was showing him the sunset off the balcony in the amazing hotel suite he took me to for my last 2 birthdays. The picture was from a few weeks before. I said you know, if we got married I would want it to be right here at sunset. He took my hand and looked into my eyes and said, "so are we doing this? Do you want to get married?" I'm like"of course I want to get married that's why I showed you the picture... " and then I realized what he meant. I'm like, are you asking me to marry you? You can't propose, we're in sweats, there's no ring you're not on one knee... " so he starts getting on one knee. I'm like, "you don't have to get on one knee!! ☺ of course I'll marry you!! Unconventional But perfect for us. Not planned at all.
    But right before the world shut down due to COVID-19. And right before we could go ring shopping.
    I have been doing a lot of drawing challenges lately and drawing is my favorite thing, besides reading.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  13. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

1. I love fantasy TV and books right now I am rewatching Grimm and reading the 4th book in the All Souls by Deborah Harkness.
    2. I am addicted to Legos - currently building the Harry Potter Diagon Alley
    3. I hate grocery shopping and with the current restrictions this hatred is exacerbated.

14. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

Ya'll . . . this is fascinating! Hmmmm . . .

1. I listen to the police scanner almost 24/7. Curious, nosey? . . . yeah. You wouldn't believe the stuff I hear!

2. I have four cats . . . all rescues . . . and I want MORE! My life's goal is to be a true cat lady. How many do I need for that title?

3. I have a black licorice addiction. I eat a bag a week . . . and then there was that article last week about the dangers of it. I'm currently weighing the risks with an open bag beside me.

15. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

:heartlub My husband was also spontaneous. We were also just hanging out and talking (in my childhood bedroom! never would have predicted that! LOL) and he said, "When we're more financial stable, will you marry me?" I had no hesitation, even though we'd only known each other for 4 months. That was in October 1994 and we have been more and less financially stable at various times ever since. :D

amandac and grrfluudy like this.
  16. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

So fun learning about you guys!!!
    [​IMG]

17. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

kiss oh you beautiful beautiful frog

18. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

1. My other hobby is knitting...my mom and my sisters and I have a little family based business of knit items. We are entering our busy season right now and I'm knitting like a mad woman. I have to say that we have a bit of a cult following and are soooo close to hitting 10K followers on IG :byay

2. I was a classically trained pianist...and was very good - totally clobbered everyone in competitions. But then my piano teacher made the mistake of making me choose between basketball and piano one day while my mom wasn't there. So I chose basketball...

3. Speaking of basketball...I played Div 1 basketball in California (not bad for a kid from Northern BC!!) and was the 7th highest scorer in school history when I left. I was even offered an opportunity to play in Italy after I graduated...but my body was completely broken and I turned it down :duh Totally regretted it later...but life goes on!!

19. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

I love mysteries as well as I feel I am a homebody, I will have to look into Acorn! One of my favorite series is by Deanna Raybourn...A Curious Beginning is the first in her series....just thought I would share!

amandac likes this.
  20. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

1) In the last 3+ months I have developed an addiction for playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I just got a 5 star rating on my island today!!! This addiction is why I have not been scrapping...

2) I turned 60 this year, but I am only 33 on the inside (okay most days - some days I feel 45).

3) I have an engineering degree in computer science and worked in that field for 20+ years before I become a stay-at-home mom, homeschooler, and full-time wife. Now I am "retired".

SeattleSheri, amandac, esahin and 2 others like this.