***CLOSED*** WINNER ANNOUNCED***GTKY: 3 things you might not know about me | DSD 2020

Discussion in 'DSD 2020 Party Pad' started by amandac, Oct 1, 2020.

1. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Hi there DSDers! Who wants to play a FUN game with me?

After all these years I like to think that I know some of you here pretty well but I still want to know more!
    A FUN way to get to know you better is to play a little game of 3 things you might not know about me! Its easy and FUN and you can enter as many times as you like, I'm sure there is heaps to know about you!

I'll get us started .......

3 things you might not know about me:
    1- I am a bit addicted to crotchet!
    I started crocheting a mosaic afghan with my girlfriends during the early days of our Covid-19 lockdown. We would FB video message each other, chat with our crocheting on our laps and a glass of wine nearby. We had lots of laughs and it made the isolation a bit more tolerable. BUT, I got "bit by the bug" and I am now on my third blanket. It's just such a relaxing thing to do and keeps my hands busy!
    2- I am an English girl who became an Australian Citizen back in 1983. I was born in Chippenham, Wiltshire a long, long time ago. Some people think I have an English accent, which is nuts because I was 2 years old when we immigrated.
    3- I love Zumba! It's so much FUN and I really look forward to Monday night classes! That doesn't mean I am any good at it though, I'm more enthusiastic than talented :giggle

Now you know a little more about me, it's YOUR turn ............. tell me three things I don't know about YOU.

[​IMG]

This challenge closes on Tuesday, October 6th at 11am EDT.
    A random winner will be chosen and will receive a $3 store coupon (GC) to the Lilypad!

******* ETA Winner drawn********
    Thanks everyone for playing along! I hope you had fun!
    The random number generator helped me pick ........ Post #21 - michelepixels

Congratulations!

I have sent a PM with your prize details .... happy shopping and thanks again everyone for playing along!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  2. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Hmmm...

1. I'm not a tv person. I like to listen to audiobooks while I scrap...except while I'm choosing my photos and template. Then I need silence, as if the fate of the world depends on my ability to concentrate on these decisions, LOL.

2. I'm always cold. At the moment I'm wearing a fleece jacket and have a fleece blanket draped over my legs. DH is sitting 5 feet away in a t-shirt and shorts, laughing at me.

3. I've been a pescatarian for more than 20 years. I gave up beef and pork in high school and chicken and other meats in my early 20's. I eat seafood once or twice a month, usually in restaurants, and eat a vegetarian diet the rest of the time.

MrsPeel, KimJ, grrfluudy and 2 others like this.
  3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Ooh tough one...

1) I do not drive at all and don’t even have a drivers license.
    2) I have an entire extended family of 6 people over 3 generations
    3) I am a reasonably picky eater between food intolerances and food I just don’t like.

4. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

3 things you might not know about me:
    1- I am a bit addicted to candy! I would hide flavored sugar in my room when I was little, so I guess I've always had a sweet tooth. My current fave is Nerds Gummy Clusters. You MUST try them!
    2- I have never been outside of the United States of America. Wanderlust? Never heard of it.
    3- I scrap in silence. I get too distracted if I listen to anything while I scrap.

garrynkim, KimJ, grrfluudy and 2 others like this.
  5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

3 things about Bart...
    1. Lives for these event weekends!
    2. Snappy dresser!
    3. Doesn't wander far from the pond!
    [​IMG]

6. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Kissing Bart

amandac likes this.
  7. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

1: I suffer from depression
    2: I have a rare disorder that causes vertigo, deafness and balance issues...I have been loosing my hearing since I was quite young. It will only get worse over time. The insides of my ears never grew and are the size of a small toddler. And the nerves are slowly dying
    3: I LOVE fruit... except most melons (although watermelon is pretty darn good)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    KimJ, grrfluudy and amandac like this.
  8. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

1. In the past month I've become addicted to Reese's Puffs cereal.

2. Keanu Reeves liked an original tweet I posted on Twitter.

3. I'll be in charge of one of our village's 4 polling locations in our upcoming November election.

Lily Rose, KimJ, BevG and 4 others like this.
  9. marieElisabeth

marieElisabeth Member

1. I love to craft, I knit, chrochet, weave, sew and papercrafts of course.

2. I haven't worked in 6 years due to exhaustion/depression.

3. Favourite chocolate at the moment is Tony's chocolonely dark with almonds and sea salt. Yum!

10. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

1. I love orange flavoured tea. It's my go-to pick me up.
    2. I wear my polaroid sunglasses when driving - even in the rain
    3. I scrapbook in silence too, I hate having two competing audio sources.

11. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

1. People are always surprised when they find out I'm a sci-fi girl. I am not sure if, by definition, I'm a hard core sci-fi lover, but I've watched things such as Stargate, Star Trek (a few versions), Sliders, Doctor Who (fave! watched some episodes over and over and over), Firefly, Orphan Black, TWD, The 100, Stranger Things, X-Files (not all of them, there was no DVR back then. hahah). There are more I'm sure I'm forgetting, and more I'd totally watch if I had more time. I guess I don't strike anyone IRL as a sci-fi person. (ps, I've even been to a Comic Con or two :thumbsups).

2. I have a very hot temper and argue for people I love. sigh. I've been known to raise my voice quite a few times when things are not being done as they should be. If I could figure out how to harness this for the world I'd be a force to reckon with. But, for now, I reserve it for those battles I need to fight on behalf of my family and/or friends. I'm also slow to forget, so once you've crossed my path (or my children's path), you're best to stay out of my path for a while. Usually these are people who don't have anything to do with our lives on a regular basis, so it's ok. When it's been at the school (seems to be where it typically happens), we simply remove them from the administration of those individuals (sometimes it helps to be in a large school district)

3. I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2005. My son was 1. It was tough in the beginning, but I've accepted it and if I had more time (time - haha) I'd love to be a resource for newly dx mothers to talk to.

12. tinkerbell1112

I've tried to scrap with audio books but I cannot focus. I wish I could because it would be great to get multiple things done at once. LOL I'm a silence girl too.

amandac and grrfluudy like this.
  13. tinkerbell1112

The only kind of nerds I'll eat!!

amandac, grrfluudy and umyesh like this.
  14. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Lovin all these facts!

1. I’m a reader! I read 1 or two books a week - my faves are mysteries, but I also like time-travel, youth fiction, and historical fiction.

2. I am a homebody. If I could, I’d stay at home by myself 24/7. But with work, church, friends, and husband - not gonna happen.

3. I love British mysteries and other shows. I keep Acorn, Netflix, and Prime busy.

Iowan, amandac, KimJ and 1 other person like this.
  15. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

1. I'm a true crime junkie. I watch all the docuseries and documentaries. I listen to an insane amount of podcasts.
    2. I've been on The Price is Right...many moons ago. I made it on stage, won my game, spun the wheel and made it to the Showcase Showdown. I lost to a professional clown from Vegas. Seriously one of the best times of my life. Fun fact: my taping was cut into with Bill Clinton's Monica Lewinsky speech.
    3. I am a big fan of chips and salsa. Like give me all the chips and salsa.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. CathQuillScrap

CathQuillScrap I suspect foul play...

1.When I am not scrapping I can be found quilling (rolling bits of paper)
    2. I do not like avocado or spicy food
    3. Exercise is a swear word in my vocab - I will go for walks but never cross the gym threshold.

amandac, esahin, KimJ and 2 others like this.
  17. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

1. My husband and I have switched places ( no, not that way!) When we met I was an introvert and he was extrovert. Not anymore! :giggle
    2. I am dyslexic, though over the years the awareness of it has helped it to decrease. Math was my nemesis in school, as Dyscalculia caused me to believe I sucked at it, and the stress gave me hives.:duh
    3. I had 15 foster brothers/sisters beginning when I was 9.:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug Twelve were long term. and 4 of those were international. It was challenging sharing my parents at such a young age, but it also taught me a lot about diversity.

SeattleSheri, amandac, esahin and 2 others like this.
  18. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Quilling is such a beautiful art form! I've never truly sat down to give it a go. Maybe I should?
    Post some pics, Cathy!
    I walk as far as I can until my hip joints demand I stop. Riding a bike is as far as I go with that "E" word! I tried Curves membership years back and HATED having everyone watch me work out and also all the mirrors. Whose crazed mind ever thought of that?:crazy3 Haaaa!

amandac and grrfluudy like this.
  19. slfam

slfam Chocolate or vanilla? I can't decide!

1. I am the mother of 6, 2 of whom are adopted.
    2. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
    3. I homeschooled my children for over 20 years and I now work in a nursing home.

amandac, esahin, KimJ and 1 other person like this.
  20. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member

1. I live on a sailboat with my husband, two teenage daughters, and our beagle. It's a 38-foot sailing catamaran, and we've lived aboard since my husband retired from the military almost 7 years ago.
    2. When I scrap, I listen to music (usually instrumental, if I can find it) that goes along with the theme of whatever I'm working on at the moment.
    3. I don't like chocolate.

esahin, KimJ and grrfluudy like this.