If I were to break into your house... | pad patter 9.22.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Sep 22, 2020.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

A see through cookie jar etched with the initial G and a see through sugar bowl. In the cabinet above the Frig is a set of my parents dishes that we used when I was growing up. Every now and then I use a coffee cup or plate so I can have a memory :) (We used to use both the cookie jar and that sugar bowl but now they are unused and are display pieces.)

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

Baskets filled with: onions, garlic, supplements (somebody... I won't name names) doesn't get them back in the basket so there are loose bottles up there too, a box of tissue, & souvenir buckets (Disney & movies) used for original purpose-popcorn, and various other things. A little dust, but not much room for that. The cabinet above the fridge contains lunch bags and thermas containers for said bags, and a few paper shopping bags that should really be thrown out as we rarely get up there for those! Like Kim, I'm tall but still need to pull out the step stool to reach up there, so I'm less inclined to get things out of there. Not to mention needing to move all the junk to get to the cabinet. :giggle

keepscrappin and KimJ like this.
  3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

hmmm.... right on top are slider sized potato rolls. :)

Above that, in the cabinet are some small appliances, pampered chef apple peeler corer slicer, and big bowls.

4. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Dust. There is just a small space between my fridge and cupboards too. I have a 2” x 18” sign (probably from old weight watcher days) that says wine is a serving of fruit.

keepscrappin and cfile like this.
  5. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

A basket full of first-aid stuff. A box of vitamins. A box of essential oils. Sunscreen, bug spray, and a cup of Sharpies that I have to keep out of the toddler's reach.

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

such a funny question, this made me giggle Kayla!!!
    dust for me too ... there's nothing on top of the frig as its built into the cabinet work.

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Eye catching thread title!

Since I replaced my fridge almost 3 years ago, I have placed nothing on top of it. And even longer ago than that, I removed the contents of the useless cabinet above it. I always forgot about whatever was in it, and it's so hard to reach, I figured the contents should either be moved into reachable shelves or jettisoned. So now those cabinets are empty.

8. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Dust and a basket of baskets.

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Dust - like everyone else. We have a cabinet right above the fridge and it holds manuals from all of our appliances. I can't reach it so I don't use it for anything else. LOL.

10. adriablack

adriablack Well-Known Member

All that is up there is a play tea set and a one person tea set. We use it every week for our poetry tea parties. My daughter uses the one person tea pot/cup set thing and then her stuffies that she invites for that week get to have tea from the porcelain tea set that is for play. I drink coffee during our tea parties.... :giggle

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. cfile

I love that quote :) ... (I also like the Grape Juice!!)

12. cfile

I have a small step stool so I use that for the over the frig cabinet there and the one over my stove and built in Microwave (that I just helped hubby install a new one last week since ours quit.. the second one in 21 years here that I have helped him replace! LOL) The cabinet above the built in micro has a few things of my dishes like the butter dishes, gravy boat, 2 creamer pitchers, the ceramic tea pot and the extra sugar bowl to my set.. I can't fit anything else in there as that is where the exhaust from the micro is.. so to get up there too, I grab my little stool to reach things :)

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

the toaster, a butter dish, the kefir, homemade flapjack, a telephone and some chopping boards
    DSC02783 (Small).JPG

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

In the open cabinet above my fridge I have two baskets One is filled with quick grab snacks, dried fruit & protein bars and the other basket is all our disposables likes plates, spoons, forks...

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

another shorty here... thank goodness for step stools.

Carla likes this.
  16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yep! I have a step stool and my family knows not to take it out of the kitchen! If they do, DH (much taller than me) is getting stuff from the high cabinets or munchkin (almost as tall as me) is climbing on the counter.

Carla and keepscrappin like this.
  17. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

You are getting the box I store my kitchen knives in. In the cabinet above, you are getting the hot cocoa maker, my steam canner, and the extra filters for the Brita pitcher. Sounds like a party!

Carla and keepscrappin like this.
  18. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I have a step stool in my kitchen too ... it's a 30+ year old Costco "one hand" folding stool, no longer available and lord help the person that removes it from my kitchen.

Carla and HavaDrPepper like this.
  19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

So funny! Well... you'd get a bit of dust from the actual fridge, because like others, our fridge sits under a cabinet. In that cabinet I keep my plasticware, paper plates and extra napkins. And I think my hubby keeps with grill tools up there too. And a set of glass margarita glasses maybe? Except I think I finally donated those to Goodwill since we hadn't used them in a about a decade. Lol.

keepscrappin likes this.
  20. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Technically nothing sits on top of our fridge, but there is a ceiling mounted cabinet a few inches above it where we store bags of chips and large platters.

keepscrappin likes this.