I'm moving to Ohio

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by neenee, Aug 9, 2010.

1. neenee

neenee No Woman No Cry

I'm moving to Ohio

So....I will be moving to Ohio sometime in the next 4 or 5 weeks and I have been trying to find houses I liked and wanted to go look at for weeks now. I have seen some I like this or that about but, nothing that just felt like "me". And then you know, DH and DD #3 have to like it somewhat too. We are in disagreement on what features are most important. Dad says game room :pffft (yea right), I say yard and trees and DD says she wants a log cabin, crazy kid.

THEN....the unbelievable happened. I found this house last night and guess what? Me, DH and DD all have fallen in love with it. It is totally and completely us. I can just picture my vegetable garden in the back! And the wood floors, white walls and kitchen, lots of windows.....HEAVEN!

I even got the heebie jeebies when I was looking at the virtual tour for the 10th time and realized that when you come into the house and you are looking at the stairs, over on the right on that long wall....I have an antique church pew that will fit perfect there! I can just picture it with some tapestry style throw pillows tossed on it!

What do you all think? Wanna come spend my VERY FIRST White Christmas in it with me?

[​IMG]
    *click on the image so you can take the virtual tour!

2. Joan

Joan tiptoeing round the pad

I love love the screened porch and all the stonework in the backyard! And that ceiling in the family room is fab! The whole place looks so homey and inviting!

3. snaggletooth

snaggletooth Minnetonka? Momma? Either way.

WOW the price is awesome
    gorgeous Neenee
    a house that big and with that many bedrooms in my state will drop you about 500 grand!!
    maybe i need to move out of state LOL

4. neenee

neenee No Woman No Cry

Thanks girls! Yes, we could never get a house like this in our area in Texas. Our house we live in now has so much less character and square footage, land, etc. yet the value of our current home is equivalent. But, we live in a big city here in Texas. The cost of living seems to be much less where we are moving to. Can be good and bad I guess but, fortunately we feel very secure in DH's job.

I have never made a move like this so it is going to be exciting and scary all at the same time!

5. Joan

Joan tiptoeing round the pad

Yeah, you don't even want to know what a place like that would go for around here in the Greater Vancouver area! :groan

We're so lucky to have a big yard and even more lucky that when we bought when the market was bottomed out and they'd just lowered interest rates to try and stimulate it. Otherwise, no way could we own a home here! Of course, we have a chronic fixer-upper that we'll probably be fixing/renovating until we die, lol. It's so tempting sometimes to take the money and run to some quiet locale where we could get so much more for our money. I could never convince hubby to leave here though.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  6. crazygirl

crazygirl Opening a post office

it's amazing.
    but that teal carpet in the bedrooms would scare me a bit. LOL
    good luck getting it!
    i love the house!
    it's so big. and homey.
    i absolutely adore the shutters in the front and the patio
    and all the green in the back.
    yum.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  7. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

wow that's lovely neenee! You'd never get a house that size for that price over here either.

OK I gotta ask, is it unusual for you to have fences between properties over there? I've noticed on a few US house photos etc I've seen lately, there doesn't seem to be any fences between you and your neighbours to define whose land is whose.

8. shades of bliss

shades of bliss bolʹshie koshki

I'm sorry. I will have to outbid you on it. It's just to wonderful to pass up.

Just kidding. We couldn't move to Ohio unless DH got a new job, lol. See your lucky we can't move, lol.

Good luck on getting it though. I'm sure you will enjoy it!

9. neenee

neenee No Woman No Cry

Yea.....um I think that carpet is going to have to go. :hissy
    You know a lot of times in older homes they cover up wood flooring. Maybe I will get lucky and that be the case here. If not, my parents have some carpet that we can use and replace it. (they are retired home builders and well....Daddy doesn't like to get rid of things).

10. neenee

neenee No Woman No Cry

You know, I guess it is the area of the US. Here in Texas (where I have been all of my life) fences are very common. Either chain link or privacy. So, not seeing many fenced yards is odd to me. I will have to have one put in though for my pups. I can't imagine that the neighbors would just want dogs just roaming free but, I don't know. Mine would get lost without fences though because they wouldn't know what to do without the boundaries.

11. neenee

neenee No Woman No Cry

:pffft Meanie.

When DH came home I said "I posted the house on the forum for my friends to see and everyone is amazed how nice it is for the price and loves it". His reply, "great honey, now someone is going to buy it". Of course he was teasing me but, then I come up and see your post Claire. :lol2 Gave me a giggle.

12. RachelYoung

RachelYoung RachelYoung

That home looks like my dream home! It's gorgeous! Totally beats my mustard yellow split entry without any contest! I hope you have many glorious years in that beautiful home!!

13. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Awesome NeeNee - that will make anticipating the move so much more fun! Hope you guys can snatch it up!

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Wow! Seriously gorgeous house! I've always wanted to live in something exactly like that! It looks like something from a movie set! Does it come with all the furnishings too? :)

15. neenee

neenee No Woman No Cry

I wish! That is what my Mom said too! I need to start buying up more antiques if I am going to get this house!

16. tania

tania Clap Hands, Save Fairies

SO beautiful!! Good luck!