Chocolate Milk | Pad Patter 9.27

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Sep 27, 2020.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

It's Chocolate Milk Day!

[​IMG]

I am not a milk drinker at all, but I do enjoy chocolate milk occasionally. Every time I buy it, I'm lucky to get any before it's all gone. DH and DS drink it about as fast as it comes in to the house!

Are you a chocolate milk drinker?
    Do you prefer the premade chocolate milk or mixing it up yourself?

2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Yes please a chocolate double thick milkshake is the very best. On hot days in a restaurant. I won't make it for myself.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I can’t remember the last time I had chocolate milk....definitely more than 10 years ago as I’m lactose intolerant and they’ve only just brought out a lactose free chocolate milk in the last year or so.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

@littlekiwi - my kids are too but they have discovered chocolate almond milk...

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’ve never actually tried those alternative milks. I was lucky as right around the same time as I became lactose intolerant one of the major dairy companies came out with a lactose free dairy based milk. I might grumble about the price but as I don’t use a heap it’s not so bad and I’d rather not deal with the effects of having lactose (admittedly I’m pretty lucky that I’ve only had to change a couple of things for me to be ok, I can still eat hard cheese and probiotic yogurt)

6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

@littlekiwi - I too am lactose intolerant. Like you, it is just milk that bothers me. Most times, I can even get away with using half'n half in my coffee without issue. My poor daughter and son are both bothered by it all. So lots of alternative trying at our house. And lots of the Lactaid type pills to counteract the effect.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I love chocolate milk. When I was still going out to eat, the 2 places I would go serve breakfast all day long. I would always get scrambled eggs, hash browns, and chocolate milk.

I can't drink plain old milk, never have. Even as a kid in order for me to drink milk, it had to be chocolate milk.

BevG and IntenseMagic like this.
  8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love premade chocolate milk! It's so rich and thick, but I couldn't even tell you the last time I had any. It's the same at our house... if I buy some... it's gone in a blink of an eye! My hubby and both boys love it too!

I used to love the Nestle quik in a tin... but strawberry flavor. yummy!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

I haven't had chocolate at all in over seven years. I have a daughter who runs cross country, so she has it all the time. She loves it, but for some reason prefers store bought over homemade. Maybe I put too much chocolate in it? Is there such a thing?

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

No chocolate milk or any milk for me. No intolerance, I just don't want it. However I do love the fake Vanilla Creamer I put in my cold or hot PSLs (Pumpkin Spice Lattes) that I make at home. By December it will just be plain coffee with the Vanilla Creamer though. Once in a rare rare cold night I will make a hot Mocha with equal amounts of black coffee and a packet of hot chocolate. Great for Netflix time at night!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I love it but it doesn't love me. I used to prefer chocolate milk. One way I loved to drink it was with Nestle's Quick.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I loved chocolate milk days back in my school lunch days, but haven't bought any for a long time. DS used to drink it after track meets and soccer games. He's married and my girls wouldn't drink milk after I took away their sippy cups so we don't go through much milk around here anymore.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I will never drink plain milk by itself. If I'm drinking milk it's because I'm eating cereal, pizza, peanut butter, or hard cookies.
    As for chocolate milk, I loved Nesquik growing up. I would even dip bananas or marshmallows in the powder! My son has been asking for chocolate milk lately so I bought premade for our camping trip last weekend and it was gone in no time.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I like chocolate milk my favorite snack is hot cocoa or cold chocolate milk and buttered toast.

However, I had to laugh at this thread title because my first thought was the soaps my husband just bought: chocky milk. They smell like chocolate milk in the package and use cocoa nibs as an exfoliate. But you do not smell like chocolate milk after use! Thankfully.

15. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Oh man! I haven't had chocolate milk in a long time. I know my kids would gobble it up. A friend brought us some a couple of years ago - they brought breakfast when we brought our youngest kids home. My kids were in heaven.

16. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

My Dad loves it, I love it, my son and his son LOVE it! I don't drink "regular" milk. Grew up with Nestle's Quick, Hershey's Syrup, but prefer low fat chocolate milk.
    [​IMG]

17. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Not a milk drinker, but I love chocolate milk shakes now and then.

18. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I'm like you I dont drink milk often... just not fan of the taste..but I do love chocolate milk and banana milk premixed...or hot chocolate I make

AJK likes this.
  19. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I love the premade version in the stores. I haven't had it in years, but it's really yummy and thick, lol!

My kids will have a glass here and there, and I buy syrup - it lasts longer!

20. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

we make our own with cocoa powder and whatever milk the person making it can drink. My youngest tells me that coconut milk is the best.
    We don't add any sugar or sweeteners.