super kids | Pad Patter 18 Sept

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Sep 18, 2020.

1. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

My kids did at home but never really wanted to wear that stuff out. My daughter used to mix and match crazy outfits - giant over sized blues clues slippers, a dragon halloween costume, mardi gras beads, a cowgirl hat, pink boa. She'd layer and add - and it looked crazy. And she'd play at home in that get-up for hours.

bellbird likes this.
  2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Mix & match dress-ups are always hilarious to me, but taking them out of the house like that, I just couldn't bring myself to do. To grandma's? Sure, as long as we didn't have to stop for petrol or something along the way. Did her mix & match dress sense improve over the years? DS put a chicken hat on & rabbit ears headband over the top this last Easter - he prefers not to mix & match normal day clothes though & I kinda hate that he'll wear head to toe black like he's an old lady in mourning!

3. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

My son was the one who dressed up the most. He loved his Robin Hood costume, Ninja Turtles pj's, and something with Power Rangers. But he didn't wear them outside the house much.
    I remember dressing as a gypsy and a flower for Halloween as a child.
    I always wear my Mickey ears for Trunk or Treat at church and have my Mickey Bubble blower and other Mickey decorations. My car looks fine!

bellbird likes this.
  4. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

This will give some of us a very clear idea of how old I am but I spent a couple years wearing nothing but Wonder Woman Underoos... I followed that up with a year or two of nothing but my Mary Lou Retton Leotard!

My kids have a dress up box with cool things they can use to dress up. My daughter had quite a few fancy dress up dresses that she wore to tear through the neighborhood. She went through a faze where she needed a dress with lace on it and tights in order to leave the house! Every night, she rolled in with mud dripping off her dress and her skin poking through holes in the tights, but every morning she insisted on "suiting up" again!!

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

bellbird likes this.
  5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh my gosh! Yes! My youngest LOVED his superhero costumes. His favorite (and my fav too) was this adorable Superman costume and had foam muscles built into the chest. He loved that one and would race around the house and pose with his arms flexed so we could see his muscles. I miss those days.

When I was a kid we always wanted to go out trick or treating, but we never had costumes because they were too expensive and we never planned ahead, so we would make our own out of whatever we could find around the house. One year I went as a patriotic person and just piled on everything I owned that was red, white and blue. It served double duty keeping me warm too. :giggle I'm going to have to see if I can find any picture. Lol.

I found these super old layouts...
    2008-10 Wyatt Superman small.jpg
    2010-12-25 Superhero Wyatt small.jpg

bellbird likes this.