Stop it 2020!!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by SeattleSheri, Sep 19, 2020.

1. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I know not everyone shared RBG's views, but I feel compelled to mourn the loss of someone who had such a profound impact in progressing women's rights in the US. RIP Ruth Bader Ginsberg.

[​IMG]

ETA: here is a list of things that RBG helped influence over the course of her career (not confined to her time as SCJ), many of which are things most of us take for granted.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    janedee, Karen, mary kate and 7 others like this.
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Yup, 2020 needs to stop. Just staaaaaaahp.

RBG helped pave the way for many. I want to say more but that's where I'll leave it.

Your page is a wonderful memorial. I had kid stuff all day today so, even though I was 10ft from my desktop, I couldn't scrap my feelings. I can't wait to make a page tomorrow!

mary kate and SeattleSheri like this.
  3. SeattleSheri

Thank you for the kind words. Every day I feel like 2020 kicks us in the ... butt ... please make it stop!!!!

Tree City likes this.
  4. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Yes. Will be so happy to have all of THIS in the rear view mirror. RBG was indeed a remarkable woman. I cried when I saw the headline as I came out of a beautiful yoga practice yesterday.

SeattleSheri likes this.
  5. SeattleSheri

Big hugs!! :heartlub:heartlub

elseepe likes this.
  6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I don’t agree with most of her decisions, but what a fighter for what she deemed as right.
    Her fun with Scalia is pure friendship across ideology! Plus, she was very kind to Kavenaugh

cfile, HavaDrPepper, wvsandy and 2 others like this.
  7. SeattleSheri

I think it was great that she had such a close relationship with Scalia despite their difference in stance. They seemed to have a true appreciation for each other.

elseepe likes this.
  8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

The friendship with Scalia was so nice to see. Honestly, I never realized that they were so close. More people need to look past the ideology within people. It doesn't matter if they believe differently than you, they can still be a good person.

When I saw the news Friday night, I wasn't surprised. She has had so many issues in recent years. I'm glad her family was with her and may she rest in peace.

cfile, SeattleSheri and AnneofAlamo like this.
  9. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I had a heavy feeling in my chest when I saw it online. It was like losing a family member that believed in you all the time without wavering.

I love your tribute to her Sheri! @SeattleSheri

mary kate, elseepe and SeattleSheri like this.
  10. SeattleSheri

I updated the original post with a list of things RBG influenced. Can you imagine a time when as a woman you couldn't open a bank account or get a credit card on your own?

rach3975 likes this.
  11. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Such an amazing human being, a true fighter and champion for so many.
    Your tribute is so beautiful, Sheri!!

SeattleSheri likes this.
  12. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I love your page Sheri.

I gasped out loud when I read the news. And I wrote in my journal and added some screenshots of images I was seeing as I scrolled on FB for a while. My feed was 90% RBG Friday night.

I remember my Mom talking about some of the financial things on that list when I was young, and how she signed her name as Mrs. followed by my Dad's name, which I thought was weird.

SeattleSheri likes this.
  13. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

RBG came to my daughter's college (private all female college) to speak last fall. She did a private Q&A with the students and then a live streamed interview that was open to the students & alumni. My DD was able to attend both and I watched the live stream.

Link to summary of her interview is here. The article includes the link to the livestream on YouTube. I really enjoyed listening to her speak.

14. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

The world lost a remarkable woman on Friday. The hits just keep coming this year. :cry

15. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

This year is dreadful. RBG was an amazing person, a true inspiration. She always seemed like such a wonderful, personal person. She paved the way for so many things for women. I can't imagine what life would have been like, if not for her as a woman fighting for us.

Beautiful page, Sheri! I especially love the black and white.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    SeattleSheri likes this.
  16. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

17. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

Beautiful page and tribute. I'm still without words.

This year has been just too much. I've been looking back through some of my pages I have made through the years as I show them to Eugene. I found one from 2017 that really speaks to what a tough year it was for my family and how we were all still together. It was titled Bend, don't break. At the time, it had clearly been the toughest year in a long while. It doesn't even hold a tiny birthday cake candle to this one...

Huggles!
    ~Sarah~

michelepixels and SeattleSheri like this.