Headphones | Pad Patter 9.24

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Sep 24, 2020.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Over the last 2 months we have replaced 4 sets of headphones. These have ranged from microphone headsets (we've learned we prefer gaming headsets for the comfort over 'business' ones), and I replaced my Bluetooth headphones. I had a pair that connected, but if I was only using one side, it would slide and drive me nuts! Plus the short battery life. So, I bought one of those in ear ones that sit inside. I'm still debating on them, since I'm not found of things in my ear, but I do like not having them slide off. I also have my regular little corded ones (think the kind that come free with things, only slightly better).
    As I've gathered them together to pack, I've discovered I have 6 pairs of headphones that are only mine! I refuse to share headphones, especially the in ear kind!

So, what kind of headphone person are you? And, how many do you have?

2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

My hubby bought me the Apple Air Pods last Christmas and I LOVE them!! I use them every day and wear one when I go out to walk. I can listen to music and if anybody calls, I'm hands-free. I would never go back to the old ear buds, which is all I ever wore before.

I did get a really nice pair of noise cancelling headphones the last time we flew. They're amazing - I don't wear them around much since I got my Air Pods.

bestcee likes this.
  3. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I'm still using the ear buds that came with my old iPod Nano that's at least a decade old. Am pretty sure that I got ear buds with my iPhone, and 2 iPads, but they are still in the boxes. I rarely use ear buds or headphones.

My grandson LOVES his Air Pods ... he usually only wears them one at a time, so there's always a fully charged one available.

4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I prefer in ear ones, I recently replaced my broken Apple ones with a cheaper brand and they were fine for about 3 weeks but the sound quality turned to rubbish so I’ll be back on the hunt very soon.

5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

If I use headphones of any kind, it is the ones that came with my ipod. However, because of my lower range of hearing in one ear and tinnitus in the other ear, I honestly don't hear much when using headphones. The "good" ear can't compensate for the "bad" ear that is needed.

So for me, I prefer regular old speakers on my computer.

6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I had knock off AirPods that I got for free, but they didn't last long. I liked them, but I don't want to spend the money on real ones lol. I don't use headphones much, mostly just when I'm outside mowing or the house noise gets to be too loud. I bought DH Bose wireless headphones (padded, over the ear kind) for Christmas last year and he ended up not really like them because there's a bit of a delay on the microphone, so I helped myself to them :)

7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I sleep with in ear buds, the ones that came with my android phone & they're pretty good to me but cords annoy me during the day (it always gets caught on cupboard handles when I wear them while cooking or cleaning with my iPod in my pocket), but I've been borrowing DH's Bluetooth JBL noise cancelling ones during the day (over ear, big black headband style ones - I don't think sharing ear buds is a good idea either ) because lawn mowers, construction & hearing him 'Zooming' & recording lectures all day drives me crazy - can't say I like them though, makes it feel like my ears are sweating & I just don't think they take earrings into account in the design process so that's a pain, but on the plus side, they don't need charging all the time & don't just randomly disconnect like my previous Bluetooth ones (they had a rigid plastic bar across the back of my head & in ear buds attached), & it's not like he's travelling anywhere & using them on planes these days so for now, they're mine.

bestcee likes this.
  8. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

My hubby bought me a nice pair,(over the ear kind,) for Christmas 3years ago and they are still going strong. Use them in the night if I want to hear something,so I don't wake him up,or for Zoom or other online classes. For my phone or kindle I use the ones that come free with the phone,we have about 4 or 5 different ones, some better than others, but I only use them if I am on holiday ,or if someone sends voice mail when I am out, so they last a long time.

bestcee likes this.
  9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

For well over a year I've been using JLab JBuds Air. They look like this but when I go to the website, I think they've upgraded them because mine only last 15 hours not 24 and I don't find the exact same name.
    https://www.jlabaudio.com/collections/earbuds
    [​IMG]
    I :heartlub them! They are my 3rd or 4th set of earbuds -- the others were cheaper other brands -- and the first that have worked perfectly. I splurged because the previous ones were so annoying and died so quickly. I use them on a daily basis (seriously, every day!) to listen to podcasts, books, and music while I walk and do chores and sometimes just relax. My phone always recognizes them as soon as I take them out of the case, rarely are there connection issues, and though I'm not picky about music sound, I think I read that these are considered high quality.

The connection factor was the most important to me. My previous earbuds often would not connect and I was always frustrated fussing in settings.

I love earbuds over headphones because they weigh almost nothing. These ones are very comfortable. I've worn them for up to a couple of hours (and might longer but they usually need to be recharged by then). The only time they're uncomfortable sometimes is if I fall asleep with them in.

I only have this one pair for my iPhone. Then I have a wired set, also JLab, always connected to my computer, which I've had for about a year and work very well. I didn't think I could use my wired earbuds for two devices, at least with my old computer. I haven't tried with my new one.

I love the freedom of wireless, so I can move around the house, not get tangled in the wires, etc.

My kids go through headphones and earbuds too fast. Well, one does; she's a little rough with her stuff. The other one did more slowly, but I was getting cheap ones, and finally they asked if I'd get them a set of JLab JBuds like mine, promising to be careful with them. That was almost a year ago, and they also use them every day. Not just to listen to music and podcasts, but also as a way to reduce environment noise because they are sensitive. These are somewhat noise canceling.

10. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

No earbuds/headphones for me. I can't stand having anything my ears, and I don't have enough need to justify buying an over-ear headset. If I'm listening to music or podcasts at home, I use my pc or phone speakers or Alexa. If I'm out somewhere, I just refrain from anything that makes noise.

My kids go through earbuds like crazy, but I could never convince them to try wireless. They are afraid of losing them. DS and DH both sprang for headsets to use during the pandemic for classes/work. DD doesn't have any classes that require live interaction, so no need for one.

11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I really don't care for in-ear headphones. My ears get way too sore.

I have an over-the-ear set that I've had for years now. They don't carry them anymore. They have foam covers and they are actually really light. I'll be super sad when these die and I have to look for a replacement.

12. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

My favorite are wireless earbuds that have something connecting the 2 sides, and I need to be able to pause my audiobook from the headphones. I only use one at a time so I can hear what's going on around me. I had an inexpensive set from Amazon that lasted about 3 years but died a few months ago. I replaced them with a Skull Candy set, but I don't think it's going to last as long. I'm already seeing the buttons not respond as well as they used to. I knew the Skull Candy set would need more frequent charging, but that's more inconvenient than I expected. The Mpow set usually goes on sale at Amazon for either Black Friday or Prime Day, so I'll probably buy another one then.

This is the newest version of the ones I like from Amazon.
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0825T1CJD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_eNFBFbR31EEAF

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

headphone/earbuds are necessary for me if I want to listen to my own thing because my desk in the the next room from the family room and if my hubby is home in the evening, he's watching and he likes the theatre type experience (AKA he likes it loud!) :giggle

I earned a bunch of rewards money from Best Buy years ago when I bought my last computer and it was enough to splurge and buy a set of Apple AirPods. Those things are so amazing. i love them! They connect to my phone and computer as soon as I open the case. the sound is amazing and the battery life is fabulous too! I never thought I'd love them so much! Also, I used to use just the earbuds that came with my phone and I loved those too, but I sure don't miss the cord!

14. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I have blue tooth set that I almost only use for running. I rarely wear them throughout the day. I have too many kids needing me...hmmm, maybe I should wear them and just ignore the kids. LOL. My older girls have theirs...they have to keep track of them and if they lose them or break them they buy new ones themselves. I have a set of earphones (over the head kind - they seem easier for more younger kids to use) by each of the computers for the kids to use while they are doing their school work. It's just easier to have a set by each computer than to have them move them around.

What's super cool is my boys have cochlear implants and they have bluetooth capabilities. They just have to turn it on and it goes right into their implant. It's kind of like they have bionic ears...I'm a bit jealous. Plus they can just take off their CIs when things get too loud or they want peace and quiet.

15. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

before Air Pods I used to go through head phones/ear buds like crazy. all of us did. we've had every kind imaginable - my hubby would buy pricey ones and even those never seemed to last.

me and the kids all have iPhones and use Air Pods now. That's it. They are worth every penny IMO. I have weird ears and the apple earbuds never stayed in all that well but amazon has sellers that sell little covers that allow the Air Pods to sit better in the ear, so I use them if I'm exercising. If I'm home chilling - the Air pods are fine for me as is. My hubby likes the Air Pods so much he is switching to iPhone soon just to get the Air pods!

16. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Headphones are such a PITA for me.

I have discovered that I have really small earholes (who knew?!) so every single pair of earbuds I have ever tried in every configuration possible HURT after wearing them for more than 30 minutes or so.

I have over-the-ear headphones that are some Walmart brand, I think. They have a built-in mic but my boss can't hear me when I use them with my work computer so I don't use them much anymore.

17. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I have 3. One over the head (ear muff type) with a mic for when I help with Watch Cheryl Scraps and a hand me down pair of wired over the head beats from my son. I don't like things in my ears, so I rarely use the ones that came with my iphone. My hubby and kids all have 2-3 as well. They love their airpods the best.

[​IMG]

18. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

Love and kisses for Bart!

19. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

I can't do ear buds or anything similar. I just can't stand for anything to be in my ear.

My favorite headphones are over the head and the ones I use for gaming, Hyper X Cloud II. My whole family has a pair. They are really comfy with my glasses, which is a must have for me. My husband has tried one other brand and ended up coming back to these. It has a braided cord which is nice and sturdy but somehow my 6-year old started to unravel his. I found him a decent pair on Amazon (Xiberia USB Pro Gaming Headset) for $30 that have worked out fantastic. He can use them on the laptop daily and the mic works well enough for his virtual classes.

20. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind