Obsolete - ARGH! | Pad Patter 9.10

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Sep 10, 2020.

1. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

:D
    My husband has the same problem. He always bought that for his office staff but it's been gone everywhere. Not sure he's up for your alternative while his employees are on the clock

jesskab and Donitab like this.
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

So sorry Kroger's left you... I've got 2 stores within 20 miles of me, although neither are in my town.

Have you ever popped your popcorn in bacon grease? That is the only way my Dad fixed it and he just shook the popcorn in the pan. Those were days when there were no pans with lids that could stir the popcorn.

I miss popcorn. Haven't had it for several years because of breaking my teeth when eating it. I did find one microwave brand that I loved... Act II, Kettle Corn flavor. But, Wal-Mart stopped carrying it in my area.

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I found a facewash that I really love at my local Meijer (grocery store). Just about the time I discovered it, they quit carrying it. thankfully I found it on Amazon in a giant refill bottle, but I wonder if they will still have it forever too.

4. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

My mom used to pop a frying pan of popcorn every night AFTER she put us girls to bed. She used vegetable oil in a lidded frying pan. I can still remember the sounds of her making the popcorn ... opening the stove drawer where she kept her frying pans, the sound of pop corn being poured into the pan, the swish, swish of the pan being pushed/pulled across the electric burner, then the smell of popping corn wafting through the house and up the stairs into our bedrooms.

And now, I want some popcorn, lol!!!

HavaDrPepper likes this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Okay - I have a good one. Went to Walmart to buy a couple of black, hooded, zip up the front sweatshirt. They had stacks of them, but only ONE XL in black! ONE!!! What's up with that????? They had XL's in every other color, but black has to be the most popular, right? It just kills me that the larger sizes (L and up) are the first to go! Every store does this - WHY don't they wise up and realize that they need to buy MORE larger sizes? I've complained about this for years!

Anyway, I grabbed the ONE black sweatshirt and then decided to get a pretty maroon color, too. What do you want to bet, if I go online, they'll be out of XL? I'm going to look today.

rach3975 likes this.
  6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

and @HavaDrPepper

I usually use canola oil. A friend uses olive oil. I like the coconut oil as it gives a sweeter, different taste. I just use a big saucepan with a lid and shake as needed. And listen!! because if it goes too long it burns.

And yes, I almost had to go pop some after writing my first post. And the smell? We had an outdoor cat that loved it and during the summer if you made popcorn she would come to the door and beg for some (because the windows were open and she could smell it).

7. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

My local Lucky has Cherry Coke Zero & now Cherry Vanilla Coke Zero. I was so excited. I bought the 3 for $10 deal.

norton94 and Donitab like this.
  8. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

Jealous!

jesskab likes this.
  9. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Yes! I'm not a big fan of change, so this happens to me all the time.

First, my favorite traveler's notebook size. I like the ones that used to be called cahier size or standard wide. But since most people seem to like their TNs smaller, the brands I've liked and bought in the past either don't make that size anymore or have a very limited selection of them. It's not an issue yet because I found a couple on clearance that I'm keeping in reserve. One will replace the TN I use for planning scrapping projects and one will replace my planning/calendar TN. Each one lasts me around 2-3 years before they wear out and need replacing, so I won't have to worry about it for a while! (I've always made my own notebook inserts, so at least I don't have to drive myself nuts looking for those, too!)

Next, I'm not really a lipstick person. I hate the feel of it on. But for a few years Target sold a sheer one by Boots No 7 (or whatever that British brand is!) that I loved. Of course they discontinued it. The only thing I've found so far that I'll use instead is a tinted lip balm by Burt's Bees. It's fine for everyday, but it's such a light, natural look (my usual preference) that on the rare occasion I wear full makeup it's not enough color.

Finally, my favorite coffee. Target just replaced their flavored Archer Farms coffees, which had a mix of artificial and natural flavoring, with an all natural version. Normally I'd be all for that, but when they had the all natural ones for a limited time last year they weren't very good. I'm going to give it another chance, but I've also bought 3 other bags of chocolate coffees to audition. Fingers crossed that I love one of them!

norton94 likes this.