Monthly Muse Sept '20 Week 3

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by Sokee, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Ready for week three~
    We are going to continue with Video inspiration and this week we are putting our collages onto a smaller piece of paper. I used a Pocket Card size but you are free to go smaller or a little bit bigger, but to keep with the 'theme' of this challenge don't go bigger than 5x7.

Once your have your collage done on your piece of paper you can added it to your project or just upload your small collage project on its own if that is what you would like. This practice is to have fun working on a smaller space.

Here is the Video on
    YouTube

And my project
    [​IMG]

"You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without a photo. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you.

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to September 30th, 2020 EST and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines)."​

AJK and keepscrappin like this.
  2. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This is not my strong suit. I may do more. Practice.

AJK and Sokee like this.
  3. caapmun

caapmun Well-Known Member

4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Oh my gosh - I need to get cracking. I did week 2 now I need to do week 1 and 3. Great inspiration!!!

Sokee likes this.
  5. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Fun!
    [​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  6. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

oh I'm having lots of fun with this. I was inspired by all her mark making to try out various water colour, pencil and marker brushes that came with my recently new software. I'm likely to do more than one page ...

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you Barbara @Sokee for this challenge !

[​IMG]

keepscrappin and Sokee like this.
  8. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

@Sokee Thanks for the fun challenge! I enjoyed playing!!
    [​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  9. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

Directions for this week suggested we work in a smaller size. Since I typically created ATC's (size - 3.5x2.5) for these challenges, I decided to take the "smaller" challenge and create my entry for this week in postage stamp size. Unfortunately, you can't see the title too clearly, but it's in the lower left quarter of the stamp.

[​IMG]

wvsandy and Sokee like this.
  10. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

LOVED this @Sokee I went all out for you ;)
    [​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  11. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I was inspired by the mark making in the video to try doodling in the recently new to me Affinity Designer software.

I played with the watercolour brush to doodle some flowers and paint on my small piece of paper, and the pencil tool for some smaller mark making.
    [​IMG]

I had so much fun doing this, that I made a second page. I thought of the fab envelopes that Kim has in SOSN today - they are super cool for mark making on! I played with the pen and pencil brushes to make doodles patterns on top of the envelope printed pattern, then added some bigger marks with the watercolour brush.
    [​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  12. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

[​IMG]
    I collaged the recipe card.

Sokee likes this.
  13. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

After Figuring Week#1...I Now Think I Have The Hang Of How To Do These Things A Lot Better...Creating A Collage Card Was Fun!...But My Subject Matter...However Was A Bit More Serious...This Layout Was Inspired By The Many People Who Are In & Around My Life Right Now...Thanks! To Covid-19...We Are Now No Strangers To Change...And The Subject Of "CHANGE" Is Indeed The Subject Matter Of This Layout Today...A Lot Of People I Know Are All Going Through Some Personal Struggles...All Relating To Changes...Mostly Caused By Covid-19 Protocols...Everyone's Lives Are In A Constant State Of Upheaval...So Many Protocols To Learn,Do & Put Into Practice...So Many Fears About Their Children Being/Feeling Safe In School...Hand-Washing Protocols...Social Distancing...Food Protocols...For Them Everything Has Changed...And Not In A Good Way!...They Are Worried,Concerned...The Kids Are Scared/Worried...Lots Of Anxiety Too!...These Changes Are Hard To Wrap Your Head Around At Times...& Even Though They Are Struggling Right Now...I Have To Believe That Eventually Things Will Become More Of A "NEW" Routine!...& Become More Stabilized & More Like The "NEWEST NORM"...Change Is A Constant In Our Lives...& We All Must Learn To Roll With These Changes...There's Not Much Choice Either...It Is Becoming Almost Mandatory That You Must Wear A Mask In Most Public Places...Many Here Have Resisted...I Don't Like It Either...But I'm Choosing To Adapt Slowly...We All Need To Embrace These Changes...In Order To Have Some Semblance Of A Life Now...Yes!...It Sucks! & It's Hard...But What's The Alternative?...So How You Choose To React Is Important...It Will Get Easier After Awhile...But Hopefully Despite These Changes...We Must Embrace Each Other...Show As Much Compassion & Love As We Can...After All...These Protocols Are For All Of Our Own Protection...And The Protection Of All The Ones We Love & Cherish!...And For Everyone All Around The World...So Despite All Of This...I Choose To See The Bright Side...The LOVE! & The Positivity!...There Is LOVE! Everywhere...We Just Have To Open Up Our Eyes & Hearts To See It...

*For My Learning To Love Life's Constant Changes Layout-I Used:

*Botanical Mix-Lynn Grieveson
    *Changes-Designed By Soco
    *The Strength Of A Woman-Faces-LiLiWee
    *Look Around-Lynn Grieveson
    *Imagine-PT-Styles-Color Overlay-NBK Design
    *Delightful-PT-Styles-Color Overlay-Style-111-NBK Design

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Sokee likes this.
  14. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Thanks for the challenge!
    [​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  15. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I'm having so much fun doing these video aj challenges. I first did this layout where I altered the leaf journal card by blending the painted paper and using the painted leaves, word art, string, scatters. But then I used it on the free template for this month so thought I'd better use it for the template challenge. I love it though, so thought I'd show it here too.
    [​IMG]

So then I got to play some more and I decided to use some of today's SOSN 9.16.20 products for this one. The bg paper was already painted and layered so I just played with paints and doodles on the ephemera envelope and layered on the paints, tape, tags, foliage, etc. It is so much fun to just play and try things out! Thanks for hosting another amazing challenge!
    [​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  16. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

17. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

18. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

It was so fun I made two pages! Here is the first one:
    [​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  19. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

My Page.. How fun!
    [​IMG]

Sokee likes this.
  20. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

And here's another one:
    [​IMG]

Sokee likes this.