Show me your NEW colors...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AJK, Sep 13, 2020.

1. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    Angela Toucan likes this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm definitely in the warm tones - probably close to the Cellini Gold. Here's a mood board I made up for the house we're currently building.

Vision-Board-for-Interior-resized.jpg

bonnenuit, janedee, Donitab and 2 others like this.
  3. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I am not a bright color person so many of the Pantone would give me headaches in a short time. I can see finding something like a winter - long sleeved! -t-shirt in Pepper Stem though.

I am still waiting to repaint the bedroom in Benjamin Moore's - last year's? - Hale Navy. It has been a dark forest green for about 20 years...definitely time to paint! but I haven't got around to getting rid of some things that have to go first. 2020 apathy hasn't helped my get up and go...

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 9.39.14 AM.png

4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m definitely a bright colour person too so the Panetone colours especially the top row really appeal to me.

AJK likes this.
  5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I have those drawer pulls in my current kitchen! Love them. And I love dark flooring over like, simple pine or lighter woods! We are looking at a house now that has very similar cabinets, and LOTS of them. Will be such a change for us. We've been in tiny places for about 6 years. Keep us updated on your house!
    LOL, I understand. Color passion runs in my family- maternal side. I Love pairing a dark blue with a gentle butter yellow! I planned that a few years ago, and guess what, now blue is popular in homes, ha! I do like the first set of palettes though- so many options.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  6. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

I am definitely more of a muted color person - the Behr paints look like desert for 2020 and ocean for 2021. I hope that means we will get all the good things we’ve missed in 2020 x 2! I love those ocean colors. I may redo my whole house in them!

AJK and Cherylndesigns like this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Amanda @AJK I had those drawer pulls when we lived in Michigan and redid our kitchen. I absolutely LOVE them! They're not "nail breakers". My daughter tried and tried to talk me into dark wood cabinets, but I'm dead set on white ones. My flooring is here! They unloaded it down at the barn that's on the property and it's gorgeous!!

8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love earthy tones. I just recently painted the accent wall in my living room something similar to that Jojoba by Behr, but I used Valspar True Sage and I love it.
    98b6b77682a43f5d4bc33762eca81f74.png
    My living area is mostly these colors with a dark grey instead of the moss green
    earthy_color_palette.jpg

9. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

We are redoing our last room in the house (built in 1980 so needed redoing) and painted one wall this Behr color

upload_2020-9-14_18-46-15.png

Paired with pine boards (natural) and this flooring (only mine look a little richer in color)

[​IMG]

10. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

What I thought too!

I like bright colors but only for pops of color - pillows, blankets, framed art - everything else I like to be more muted.

Donitab likes this.
  11. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

[​IMG] That's great! Love the contrast of dark flooring with lighter parts of a room.
    Yep. Contrast is beautiful!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  12. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I love Hale Navy - we painted our family room that colour when we built our house.

AJK likes this.
  13. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

We're in the middle of repainting our master bathroom and redoing the counter tops on the main floor.
    The bathroom was BM West Coast for the past 18 years.
    WestCoast.JPG
    Now its going to be:

BrooklineBeige.JPG

We redid our living room in B.M. Stanley Park, which I love. Its a very light room and the colour is really restful, more green than grey.
    Stanley Park.JPG

14. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

That's quite a change! Hope you just love it!!!