Obsolete - ARGH! | Pad Patter 9.10

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Sep 10, 2020.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Today I went to Micheals (a craft store) in search of a new set of calendar pages for my planner. Now, my planner is A4 size (I was wrong! It's an A5 Thanks @HavaDrPepper !), and Recollections brand - as in Micheals brand. Online I couldn't find anything listed in the A4 A5 size. Once I got to the store - same problem!
    Apparently, they are getting rid of A4 A5? They only have the big size, and the little size - not the middle size. Luckily, I found one that had been put in the bottom, and was on sale. Sigh, I guess I have to use my skills to make my own going forward!

All this leads to my question:
    Is there something that you love and have found is no longer being made? A planner size, or a chip flavor, or something else?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Isn't A4 a large size? According to a website I found googling, A4 is taller than full letter size but a not quite as wide. The A5 is wider than a half letter size. Then there are personal, pocket and mini size planners. (iheartplanners.com is where I found this)

As for your other question... too many things to list and off the top of my head I can't remember most of them! Although I do feel you for the planner pages. I had bought a planner in the "middle size" as you call it during my planner phase and I loved the insert pages. Evidently they were only made the one year as I never found that style of page in a refill. I now use the binder for something else.

3. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

Aveeno used to make a lotion called Positively Smooth (had to google as I couldn't recall the name) that was amazing!!!! It literally made the hair on my legs softer and therefore easier to shave. I SO wish it was still available.

4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Bath and Body Works original honeysuckle scent :( I miss it so!
    Diet Coke Lime :( and now I can't even find the newer Diet Coke Ginger Lime :(

5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i can't imagine carrying around an A4 planner myself but binder books and stuff DD uses for highschool (same as i used back in the day) are that size ... and it annoying as all hell when we forget that and buy a new backpack based on colour or design and it has those rounded corners at the top and then it won't zip around the edges of folders and such, the functional, boxy shaped ones are in much more boring colours and no patterns to speak of but having a zip that closes wins out.

i still miss KissNY lipstick in Antique, it was a deep, more browny pink colour, and you'd think with like a million cosmetic companies and a trillion colours, it should have been easy to find one almost identical - um, nope, i guess it's like trying to mix the same shade of paint twice, it's never quite the same {sigh}

bestcee likes this.
  6. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I hate when things are discontinued! Right now I can only think of the Reese's cups with Oreo-ish cookies in them. They were so good!

7. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

Is it that much different if you add lime juice to a Diet Coke?

bestcee likes this.
  8. bestcee

You are so right! I meant A5. LOL!

I'm sorry you have the same issue! I forgot that I bought the hole punch for my planner, so I'm feeling better about creating my own pages - especially with all the pretty planner stuff in the store. I'm still bummed I can't just buy them though.

9. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

The only thing that comes to mind is certain type of flavoured ice blocks/ice lollies. As I’m lactose free I stick to more fruit based frozen delights rather than dairy free alternatives which are costly. I find some I’m lucky to see for more than one summer. I’m doing well at the moment as I’ve got two options that have lasted over several years.

bestcee likes this.
  10. bestcee

Bummer! I used to use Aveeno lotion too. Vegas kills

Dh uses lime sugar syrup - like for snocones. They have sugar free ones. He likes to add coconut sometimes too.

I hate rounded corners on backpacks! But you are right - the cute ones always have rounded corners. Also, I was wrong. It's A5 - not A4.

Aw! I hate when I find the perfect shade of something and then never again.

Those sound good! I don't think I tried them.

bellbird likes this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I have these certain shorts by Danskin that I've been buying on Amazon for a few years. They're really nice, longer like walking shorts. I only buy black and grey and they have two nice, lay-flat pockets that I love. All of a sudden, they're out of stock in my size! How can Amazon be out of stock in a size? Give me a break!

12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That's what I've been doing since I haven't been able to find it, but sometimes I'm just that extra lazy :giggle

busywoman139 likes this.
  13. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Way too many products over the years ... if I like it, the manufacturer discontinues it, lol!!! I like caffeine-free Pepsi, but I haven't been able to find it locally for ages.

I have a specific calendar that I like for work. I used to be able to find it in my local stores (it is printed by a local printing company). Then it became harder and harder to find until I couldn't find it one year. I ended up ordering it directly from the printing company ... $13.50 for the calendar and $7.95 shipping, plus tax. I recently ordered my 2021 copy ... was looking through the file and found invoices back to 2003

bestcee likes this.
  14. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I can't find the replacement blades for my old fiskars paper cutter. They have a new model and the blades look similar but don't fit my model purchased in 1996 when I started paper scrapping. I did find 3 or 4 blades in a drawer in my craft room so I'm rationing them. :giggle

15. bestcee

That's funny! I bought blades on clearance, so I haven't looked for any recently. You have me concerned!

16. bestcee

At least the printer still sells it? That's annoying to have to special order it!

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  17. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

2 words: Coconut Kisses. Like Hershey's kisses that were filled with coconut. they were FREAKING AMAZING. haven't found them in years. I may or may not have purchased a large quantity online when I couldn't find them in the stores. but again- that was years ago... I'm hoping at Easter they may come back fingers crossed!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

The most tragic ;) example for me might be when Kiss My Face Brand went out of business (or something like that). I used their olive oil soap and their shampoo and conditioner for many years. I'm ok with Ivory soap and I'm making do with Suave shampoo, but I liked Kiss My Face so much better. After being gone a couple years, I think they might be coming back though. I saw someone stocking it at Wegmans a few weeks ago.

It seems like this happens even more often to my middle child who has food allergies, which makes it more tragic. First of all, you know how kids can be especially attached to their favorites. Over the years, they have lost several favorite foods because they just go out of business or whatever.

As for your planner, have you considered going digital? I made the transition fully but gradually over 2017 - 2018. I love everything about it and don't miss my paper planners. I did feel a little bad the first time I didn't buy a new desk calendar though. I'd been using the same one for 7 years, a great small company, Mixed Role Productions, and even followed them on Facebook, so I felt kind of mean abandoning the company. Perhaps by sharing their name here, they'll acquire a new customer. :D But to be honest, I think digital is the best. :D

19. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

I know what you mean. I have one pair of Danskin shorts I found all alone at a store recently and got them and love them! Now I can't find them.

AJK likes this.
  20. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I can't find the replacement cutting block for my old Fiskars paper cutter. I probably can't get the blades either. I gave up and bought another (lesser quality) paper cutter in the end. :(

keepscrappin likes this.