Labor Day | Pad Patter 08.07.2020

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Sep 7, 2020.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

In the US, today is Labor Day... What is Labor Day and why do we celebrate it?

Labor Day
    , the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country.

For my family, we usually get together with my aunts and cousins for a BBQ. Covid has really put a damper on that for this year. =(

Anyone have any fun plans?

Angela Toucan and umyesh like this.
  2. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

We are going to a socially-distanced BBQ at my daughters. They have a 14 foot outdoor table. I’m bring coconut cream pie.

BevG likes this.
  3. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Coconut cream pie —- YUM!!!! Have a great time =)

Iowan likes this.
  4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I keep forgetting it's a "three day weekend," until I read something like this that reminds me. Our days here are all pretty much the same. Then again, even in previous years, we never did much for Labor Day.

FarrahJobling likes this.
  5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

We have never done much for Labor Day because we prefer to avoid the crowds, but today we went kayaking as a family on the lake and it was so fun! It might be our new Labor Day tradition!

6. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

With it being a long weekend we worked on remodeling out spare bedroom. We normally don't do much anyway since our daughter works in the medically field and she normally has to work.

7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Well, we're in Oklahoma for this holiday - mostly in the great outdoors, so we're having a family cookout tonight. It's the second one we've had this weekend.

8. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

We usually spend the weekend at our cabin with family. This year was, thankfully, pretty much the same as always. Our dd, sil and my mum stayed here with us. We have had some gorgeous weather, done some swimming, paddling and chilled on the dock. I really don't want to go home again tomorrow!

9. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Holidays are pretty boring during a pandemic. No family. No friends. It's thunderstorming all day, so no beach. No grilling because of the rain.

10. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

It's been a dreary, rainy day here. I never even opened the garage door since thunderstorms were predicted. When the storm rolled in, I didn't have to scramble to close everything up! Other than that, I don't do a whole lot on holidays anyways so it was just another day for me.

11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I cleaned all day (thought it might be appropriate on Labor Day!). Then we went to the parents to grill out. It was nice having the hubby off work and taking a little break from homeschooling...although I had 2 kids that did have to do some work (it was not fun checking their Chemistry, Essay and Logic homework - LOL!).

12. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

We went canoeing this morning! We had not canoed in/at this location before so I wasn't aware of how twisty & turn-y the river was. I was anticipating a leisurely paddle through a wide river, and instead I got quite the workout with lots of sharp turns, getting stuck on the bottom (more shallow than usual on account of lack of rain this summer), and getting turned around backwards from my daughter paddling incorrectly. We didn't fall in, though, which is really the only goal we need to meet for me to consider it a successful run.