Fall Decor | Pad Patter 9.6

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Sep 6, 2020.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

It's in the mid 50's here this morning and I'm wearing a sweater *gasp*. I am not ready for colder weather! It's supposed to be upper 70's later, but the cooler weather does have me ready to start putting out some fall stuff. I don't have much for inside the house, but I did buy some mums at Walmart yesterday, and I put up my fall wreath.

Anyone else decorating for Fall/Autumn?
    Or decorating for Spring, if you're in the Southern Hemisphere?

2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I don't really change up decorations for the seasons but I agree about the weather. I had long pants (like sweats but not heavy sweats) on most of the day yesterday and my slippers. If my feet get cold, I never get warm! Same today.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Wow! Ironic, we had super high heat this past week: heat indices of 104+ ! Now in the 80's, which is normal. I'm hanging on to the last of Summer, while also looking forward to having windows open again. LOVE the cool breezes and hours on the patio. We don't have many days to wear sweaters here- not till December - February- and even then I have been on the beach in December without a jacket. So, Autumn decor will be delayed here, a few weeks while I seek out some supplies for a new wreath!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. IntenseMagic

I don't change up much, usually just the wreath and maybe something by the door. I did shed the sweater yesterday, but kept on the leggings. And I'm the same, if my feet get cold, I stay cold.

5. IntenseMagic

We've been super hot, too...up until the last couple of days. I am really happy to be able to have the windows open! I wanted a new wreath this year and almost bought the supplies to make one the other day. I may do that still, we'll see how much time I have lol.

6. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I LOVE Autumn-Winter call me crazy but I love the cooler weather and my clothes to go with it!

the other day when I went to Meijer I bought myself 6 new taper candles in different autumn colors. And bought BBW fall scented candles. And my hubby came home and said I should buy our mums this week....

7. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I actually got my fall stuff out. Not much just a few things but I need to get some items to put in my large bowls on table & mantle.

8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We JUST moved, as many of you know, but my granddaughter found several of my cute plaid pumpkins in a box and they're sitting out. She also hung my fall wreath on the front porch.

AJK likes this.
  9. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I don't do too much. I'll put a few pumpkins out and mums at the front door and that's about it. I might light a fall smelling candle for indoors!

Also, it's been slightly cooler here in the mornings. I wore an orange sweater/shirt today (it's sweater material but short sleeved) since it's felt sort of fall like. Pretty much the only thing I like about cooler weather are the leggings and sweaters.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

we don't tend to decorate for the different seasons here.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

This morning it was 71 degrees - now at 1pm it is 54 - burr! I grabbed a light sweater at lunch. And I did pick up a cute decorated pumpkin for less than 5$ at Walmart for my desk at work.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Fall is no different than summer here in Florida, except that the beach is less crowded. No fall decorations for me.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

When it gets cooler - still waiting for the humidity to turn off... life in the south. Seems like it will be another week as a tropical depression be coming to bring us more rain and humidity. At least the grass is growing.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I don't typically decorate for any of the seasons except Christmas, but this summer we spent the whole summer working on projects on the outside of our house including re-siding part of the house and then re-painting all the wood siding. So, since we did all of that, on one of my trips to Lowes I saw all kinds of outdoor decor on clearance, so I bought a couple fun things and a thrift store $5 antique wooden chair and I added it to my front porch. The problem is, I love SUMMER decorations and colors... so I don't really want to put those away yet. :giggle But it has been much cooler for the last week or so I feel like maybe I should go get a fall pillow and maybe a few mums too.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  15. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I'm just happy to have started seeing the blossom trees flower ... well kinda - I think anyone that gets hay fever feels kinda conflicted about Spring.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  16. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I've slowly started getting the fall stuff out! I like to have it all up by october 1st at the latest. It's still pretty warm here- so the kids are fighting me, but I'm ALL ABOUT all things pumpkin, so it's going to happen! ;)

IntenseMagic likes this.
  17. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Mostly just pumpkins and mums.... Maybe a wreath if I remember. We do more winter/Christmas that comes out AFTER Thanksgiving, lol!

Though this reminds me that in 3 weeks my siggy will be relevant again! :giggle

IntenseMagic likes this.
  18. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

LOL @jk703 Yesterday, I realized I wanted to change my siggy so you may see my summer one give its last gasp later today. At least I found it last night!

I changed out the summer patriotic stuff last week and put the fall wreaths up outside and in the kitchen but the inside stuff will probably get culled again before I put some things out. I have a big white platter on the top of the higher tier of one of our kitchen islands that gets a candle and some fall 'clutter' from the $store. After living all over the world and sometimes in tropical places where there were no seasons per se, seasonal decorations were so much fun for me. I'm not all out Southern but this is one habit I've enjoyed over the years. I may be too late for buying mums though.