distractions | pad patter 9.1.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Sep 1, 2020.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Today has been super busy for me as we're remodeling and I spent the day working on cabinet designs and browsing for appliances. I got a lot done but it was a struggle I kept getting distracted by this or that, kinda like the squirrel scene from Disney's Up.

[​IMG]

Do you get distracted easily? What's your squirrel (distraction) today?

norton94 likes this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh my gosh. This seems to be the story of my life lately! Seriously... it's always something. I'll be doing something and grab my phone to look something up and then get distracted by a text and then set the phone back down without looking up whatever I picked the phone up for. Or the kids, or the cooking or I'm supposed to be somewhere. :crazy3

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I have no focus lately!! And it doesn't help that at work I have to keep my mind on the kids in my class, my kids who are online, and my kids who are out in other classes and need help. Every time I get started on one thing, something else distracts me and I can't remember what I was doing to begin with. I'm losing my mind one day at a time lol

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Yeah, I get distracted. I put laundry in the washer and remember it several hours later. The washer is in the basement with no buzzer so I don't hear when it is done. Depending on what room I'm in when laundry is in the dryer, I can sometimes hear that buzzer... well, if there is no noise in the house from the TV.

The fun distractions though are those times when I was looking for something and not remembering where it was. So I start with the most logical place (say a desk drawer) and it isn't there but I determine that while I'm in that drawer I should actually clean it out and get it organized. Which then leads to putting stuff in other places and cleaning out/organizing those places. And, never finding the original item being looked for! Got some good cleaning and organizing done though and I found some fun things that I had forgotten I had.

5. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I'm actually really good at concentrating... unless I am trapped in my house with both kiddos who are doing virtual schooling at the same time that I'm trying to work. :giggle

6. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Yes. One thing leads to another. I usually have a running list of things to do so that helps me stay focused. I do try to stay focused on the kids when we are doing different school subjects. I get sidetracked by things around the house...oh, that plant needs to be watered, oh, I need to fill up my water bottle, oh, let me check the fridge to see what we might have for lunch today, oh, I need to add that to the grocery list (go add it to my phone list and get sidetracked by my phone), oh yah, I need to text that person, oh the drier just buzzed which reminds me I need to start the dishes....

Sometimes I feel like I'm in the book, "If you give the Mouse a Cookie"...but it should be, "If you give the mom a job to do."

KimJ likes this.
  7. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Distracted....procrastination and no focus might as well be my theme for this year. Thing is there’s plenty I could and should be doing and I get distracted too easily by.....the internet.

keepscrappin likes this.