September Goals? | Pad Patter 08.31.2020

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Aug 31, 2020.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Here we are on the last day of August and I realized that over the last 5 months or so, I have been horrible at setting and meeting any of my goals. Covid didn't really change my day-to-day routine, but somehow, it changed my mental approach. So...starting today, I want to get back to my goals...set new ones...and follow through with them.

Here are my TOP 3 goals for September:

1. Weight loss- I had been doing pretty well before March, but Covid has negated all progress I'd made...darn it...I'm starting over...again.. LOL

2. Time management- For years, I've been great about keeping my planner organized (and cute) but since I had nothing to do and nowhere to go, I totally let that go...Now that I'm back to work and the kids are in school, I'll need to revitalize my planner.

3. Scrapping - I have had zero motivation to scrap, which is odd since you'd think all my extra time would be perfect for scrapping, but I've only recently felt the urge to look at and scrap older photos and even ones over the last 5 months.

What are your goals for the next month? beyond then?

esahin and SeattleSheri like this.
  2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I pretty much could write the same three goals to be fair.....

1) health/weight loss/exercise - repeated lockdowns over the past few months hasn’t helped this at all but I need to be more mindful of my overall health.

2) time management/routine - this is my number one source of stress. I haven’t got into a good flow with my online studies and have been chasing my tail for weeks now

3) scrapping - any scrapping would be a good start.

3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Great thread! With school starting (albeit virtual) it has brought a kind of stability to our schedule.

September Goals:
    1. Walk 3 miles and get bike on bike.

2. Organizing old photos for Mom and do books:
    a. Adak 71-73 (half done and pushing to have done by this weekend for shutterfly sale)
    b. Misawa 73-75
    c. Puerto Rico 63-66
    d. Virginia and Pcola 66-71

3. Christmas list! yep!

4. Clear closet/dresser.

5. Figure out a storage solution for rubbermaid boxes.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

1. Make it to October

Donitab, esahin, SeattleSheri and 9 others like this.
  5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

bhjahahha! great one!

Tree City likes this.
  6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

1. DS2 is coming back from his 6 months in Bulgaria and so we will be back to a family of 4. (so yes, @Tree City make it to October!)
    2. Keep walking and getting in those 6000 steps. I was so good during covid lock down, eating low carb, walking. Now I am meeting friends in restaurants and eating cake and yeah, I can feel it.
    3. Take more photos and do local touristy stuff. I have missed seeing the beauty of where I live.

busywoman139 and Tree City like this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

hold on... let me put down my cookie...

I'd like to stop eating so much garbage! :rofl I was doing great and lost a bunch of weight about 2 years ago and while I was slipping already a bit, I totally fell into stress eating and gained a ton back since covid.

Otherwise I'm with Sara @Tree City

SeattleSheri and Tree City like this.
  8. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

Goals? Exactly WHAT are goals?

Seriously, I can't ever get this goal thing right...something always gets in the way. Except last year (2019), I quit smoking and that was my one major goals, so a big pat on the back for that! Thank goodness we are just talking about one month! Anyway, here I go again...

1. I have got to loose weight. I am going back on Weight Watchers with the hopes of losing some of the extra that I have put on and starting a non-strenuous exercise program that I can do in my living room.

2. I need to get out and take more photos but there is only so much to see in my front and back yard. I am thinking about taking one or two days a week and going for a drive to take some photos.

3. Spring cleaning in the fall! I let the spring cleaning slide because of Corvid19 but now that my Grandson is back in school, I will have some time to get some of that done too.... maybe!

Tree City likes this.
  9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I've been reassessing things this morning myself @FarrahJobling and then pop over here this afternoon to find this post!

My main goal is to be kind to myself and not push myself so relentlessly when I don't feel well. I tend to do this because of my chronic back pain - pain that is NEVER going away as far as I know, so I just have to ignore it and get on with things. That same method is not working with healing from the lumpectomy, especially since I'm dealing with a post-surgical infection. So I've - yet again - given myself permission to not have everything perfect.

Secondary goal is to start using my Happy Planner again, along with calendar blocking in my Google calendar, as it is key to me getting the most done in a short amount of time. If I'm making sure I'm resting, this is super important to be able to see what's GOT to be done and what can wait.

10. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Attached Files:

busywoman139 and Tree City like this.
  11. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

12. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I have three main goals:

(01) successfully transitioning from my old job to my new job mid-month which not only involves learning a new type of work (grant coordination) but handling being "the new kid" and the only permanently remote one in a small company located 4 states away

(02) continuing to work with my 6yo on his virtual learning as he's currently struggling with frustration/anger and impatience which makes me anxious and feel like I'm "on call" and unable to do anything else all morning while he's in class

(03) scheduling well checks for the kids (and middle school shots for the oldest) + one for me to look at a couple of things on my right foot and get a status check/hopeful official diagnosis of hypothyroidism + PCOS

Since I've scrapped a ton during the pandemic + dumped photos & journaling into templates for future scrapping, I'm actually mostly caught up there. I have some other big personal things but I can't do anything permanent about them until after I get my feet wet at the new job.

13. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Oh geez!
    I'm just trying to get through week 2 of school being back and navigating all the changes.
    I guess my main goal would be to have both my in person and virtual classes running smoothly soon.
    I also need to get my time better organized both at school and at home.
    I also need to get back to the gym or do something fitness-wise.

14. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

1. Please god let the weather get cool-ish and I WILL start walking again. Also try the chair yoga again as I have my old iMac in the bedroom which stays cool til mid-day. That iMac has a cd.dvd slot too!

2. Continue to keep to boundaries with my daughter and not get pulled into her chaos and drama. It would be easy but so much of it affects my now 14 yr old granddaughter. :cry

3. Since I now have a file cabinet, handle a good bit of my paper clutter so I can have time and space to start serious scanning of my family's photos. I told myself I can't buy the scanner I want until I deal with the paper but yesterday I had to buy a printer as my all-in-one died. I only get the get up and go in cool/cold weather.

4. Continue to cull and better organize my photos and layouts. When that is done, godwilling I can sort my already printed ones and see which I still want to print for family. My son was really interested in having a book of all layouts about him. It's nice to see someone interested in reading about times/events he barely remembers.

@IntenseMagic I feel for you. My one friend is going almost totally deaf (already has the cochlear implant) and has to do a hybrid with 2 parallel zoom classes and one f2f in the private school where she teaches. She breaks down with worry about hearing the students thru all the ambient noise. The real downside of considering quitting is the loss of the free/reduced tuition for her two children. 29+k each. NO teacher has it even reasonable now...and then the uncertainty? God bless you all.

AJK likes this.
  15. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

For the end of August/beginning of September my goal has been to get into a normal school rhythm with the kids.

My oldest just started her college classes at WCU but most of them are on-line. My 2nd has one on-line dual enrollment as well as a homeschool group I drive her to once a week that is 45 minutes away. Then I'm the director of our local homeschool group and so I've spent much of the summer organizing and planning for that...and it was hard because everything was so up in the air as to what would actually be able to happen. That is supposed to start this week.

So, I just want to get in a groove and see how everything will work. We spent last week working out on-line issues and that seems to be working well now.

I did spend a lot of the last few months deep cleaning and organizing different parts of my house!

16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

1. Go through and get rid of crap. All the extra things that have hung out because summer is too hot.
    2. Keep up on my steps. I have a 43 day record. I want to keep that going.
    3. Find time for peace and quiet everyday.

17. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I identify the most with Sara's answer. @Tree City

Still feeling extremely in limbo here. Not feeling capable of making goals.

Tree City likes this.
  18. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Friend of mine (in her 50s) started exercising by watching "Senior Fitness with Meredith"

I need to take back my TV from my grandson and his Xbox and do these myself. Or maybe just buy a smart tv for the basement ...

19. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I would say my main goal this month is to get in my craft room and clean and organize I have a number of quilts I want to sew for Christmas/Winter. Fabric is bought and waiting. I will have to get some more.... replace the fabric I used to make masks for our local adult foster home/family/friends.

take a before and after photo..... It is really BAD right now :blush to the point I have a hard time going in there just to scrap because of the mess.

20. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

:backingI have no goals, lol

Tree City likes this.