Show me your favorite MASK...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Dalis, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I know some of you gals are seamstress, so don't hide! If you have or have created a mask you think it's the most comfortable or prettiest (LOL!!!) can you share? If you did make it, can you share the pattern or link?

umyesh and bellbird like this.
  2. Dalis

I think this one is pretty but I need to make adjustments because it’s too big for me.
    544671A6-067F-4F23-8560-6B54D8A2EF8B.jpeg

Donitab, jesskab, umyesh and 2 others like this.
  3. Dalis

sorry about the GINORMOUS PIC!!!!!!

4. julianz

julianz Well-Known Member

I've been using this one. I make the small size for me and the medium for dh.

The same person has a few different styles, I first made her 2 layer mask but then saw the three layer version and have been making that.

Dalis and Juliestcyr like this.
  5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I am no seamstress so I have not tried to make my own mask, but I got these plain black masks from Etsy and cut the decal with my Silhouette to put on it. I have another that says Be Kind with some flowers.
    IMG_3400(1).jpg

Donitab, Dalis, umyesh and 1 other person like this.
  6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Dalis and LynnG like this.
  7. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

At first I thought you meant digital masks (and I miss the ones from Dawn Inskip ...r.i.p.) but on the Covid kind, these are my favorites and I got some others from the same company. They have a batch made and when they're gone they're gone! My MD Strong is black. We have the best state flag imho! Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 7.46.03 PM.png
    20 wk 32 03.JPG

Attached Files:

Dalis, keepscrappin, bestcee and 3 others like this.
  8. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Clara had a business making these this summer...

IMG_2090 4x6 tlp.jpg

Just realized that was a little small to see the mask. Here's a better photo, she made both of these...

IMG_1815 4x6 tlp.jpg

Here's the pattern, lots of different size options! She made me some, and they are truly my favorite to wear.

jesskab, Dalis, keepscrappin and 3 others like this.
  9. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Thankyou for sharing this video. This looks like one that may work for me as my glasses fog up easily.
    So far masks are not mandatory here in Australia where I live.

Dalis likes this.
  10. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I just made 7 different ones for my dd to take to college, so she could have a clean one each day. We didn't take pictures -- but I have a bunch more cut out and hope to sell them up this weekend. We went to the fabric store and picked out lots of cool patterns.

See link in next post for the pattern I use. It is fitted over my nose and chin. The sides are adjustable to fit your face size - broad vs narrow faces. I am using hair bands since my mask almost reaches your ears, the bands are about the right size and are soft. I am using floral wire for the wire over the nose.

These are the first ones I made and they have removable filters. The second set I am making using iron-on interfacing instead so they can be more easily washed - but since they are the same pattern, you could add a filter in addition to the interfacing. The inside piece that touches your nose/mouth is a nice soft white cotton fabric.

The shark one is actually my husbands. Mine is the lady bugs. ha ha -- just realized I am wearing the same shirt in both of these pictures taken months apart. IMG_20200718_180222001.jpg IMG_20200406_144815822.jpg

We picked out some wild red fabric with crawfish, shrimp, hot sauce, and the words gumbo, jambalaya on it. Yes, hopefully pictures soon.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    LynnG, jesskab, Dalis and 2 others like this.
  11. BevG

Found the video:

Dalis and bellbird like this.
  12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

DH made several using the pattern Bev linked to above me with the sort of space or pocket for a filter - there was a fair amount of yelling involved because he hasn't used a sewing machine in years but that's normal right!? :giggle i'll have to remember to take a selfie next time i'm out, so far i've only used them at the shops, medical centre and chemist b/cos i've been avoiding other places!

LynnG, Dalis and bestcee like this.
  13. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I just realized I have no pictures of myself in a mask! Oops! Guess I'll remedy that today haha I only wear one when I go shopping or to the library and I don't take pictures of that. I should probably scrap a mask page too; my daughter did with an app!
    I made a bunch of different options from Sweet Red Poppy that @tkradtke linked above (fun fact: Kim of Sweet Red Poppy is my cousin's wife). My kids and I like the pleated rectangle style best, but I want to try the kind Julia posted now.

Dalis likes this.
  14. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I have a few pages wearing my masks. My friend is selling, and she has thousands of prints, I choose a few geek ones, with Harry Potter, Friends and other more regular...and one thing that I've learned is that they need to be loose enough so it won't hurt my ears or give me headaches. My models are similar to @BevG

LynnG, Dalis and BevG like this.
  15. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I don't have a favorite...I hate them, they're all ill fitting and I have tried several different styles; not to mention when it has been nothing but 110 plus all summer it's too hot! Black as my soul is all I have and one that has a huge succulent print, that looks like someone's rear end is on my face so I don't wear it.

16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

LOL! Yes! Someone gave DH one that has a parrot pattern. So he gave it to me, since it looks more 'girly'. If I wear it, I have a huge parrot on my cheeks. It's my backup mask that I leave in the car just in case!

Found it! The placement of the parrot and my nose is a little odd....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  17. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This is my favorite mask. I like the color, and it fits nice. The metal in the nose is thicker than the floral wire, so it stays under my glasses, no fogging up!
    [​IMG]

LynnG and Dalis like this.
  18. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Better than this :assslap

20200620_111640.jpg

bestcee, Dalis, julianz and 1 other person like this.
  19. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I love a smile, and am hearing impaired, mask are killing me in communications...
    so this mask made me happy[​IMG]

Dalis, keepscrappin and Ferdy like this.
  20. BevG

Just wait for winter --- then we will be rocking these face warmers. :giggle:giggle

bestcee and Dalis like this.