Do you like to....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jk703, Aug 11, 2020.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Just some random questions from me...

Swim in Lakes?
    Swim by Waterfalls?
    Hike?
    Paddle Board?
    Kayak?
    Sit around a fire pit/Happy Hour?
    S'mores?

I'm just working on an album about a recent trip to Round Top, NY... and then I'll be working on an album for a trip to Lake Harmony, PA. These trips have gotten my mojo going, so these thoughts were front and center, lol!

My Answers:
    Swim in Lakes? Yes....
    Swim by Waterfalls? Occasionally... it's very COLD!
    Hike? Love it.... and want to do it more often!
    Paddle Board? I have just gotten an inflatable one, so I hope to try it out soon. My kids love it!
    Kayak? Canoe? River Rafting? Yes, so much fun but sometimes hard work... My kids love it! Though my youngest isn't strong enough to go far around the lake!
    Sit around a fire pit/Happy Hour? Favorite time for me! :giggle
    S'mores? I actually will have one... but prefer just the melty marshmallow!

2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Swim in Lakes? Yes!
    Swim by Waterfalls? Yes!
    Hike? Yes!
    Paddle Board? Yes!
    Kayak? Yes!
    Sit around a fire pit/Happy Hour? Yes!
    S'mores? Yes!
    How's that for succinct :giggle All of the above is pretty much how we've spent our summer!

Karen and jk703 like this.
  3. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Just some random questions from me...

Swim in Lakes? Yes!
    Swim by Waterfalls? I would think so, haven't done it that I can think of though... lol!
    Hike? Yes, but scenic hike vs. straight up a mountain hike
    Paddle Board? Haven't tried it, but not opposed to it.
    Kayak? Yes! I've only river kayaked... looking forward to going again on a less crowded day as I'm not good at dodging people... oops!
    Sit around a fire pit/Happy Hour? Most definitely!!
    S'mores? YES!!! Yum!

Most of these things are things we do while at our place in Michigan... going back next week and can't wait!!

4. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Swim in Lakes? Nope! Honestly, don't care much for swimming at all but really don't care much for being in water that I can't see what could potentially be swimming with me. lol
    Swim by Waterfalls? I'll admire the beauty from the sidelines
    Hike? Yes!
    Paddle Board? Sure...if I knew I wouldn't fall in. :giggle
    Kayak? Probably less likely to fall in so I'd give it a shot.
    Sit around a fire pit/Happy Hour? This is definitely more my thing.
    S'mores? Nah...just give me more alcohol. :wine

Karen, Cherylndesigns and jk703 like this.
  5. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

We could share...you can have the melty marshmallow and I could have the rest. lol

jk703 likes this.
  6. jk703

Totally agreed! Scenic hikes make it fun!

I fell like we would fall into this category a lot... similar, but differences that work together!

And... I think we all need a firepit happy hour night! Wooo Hooo! Yes, please! :wine

7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Swim in Lakes? Yes, but it has been a couple years since I had the opportunity.
    Swim by Waterfalls? I would, but I haven't had the opportunity yet. I hiked near a waterfall once, long ago, in Yosemite.
    Hike? Yes, a lot. Before the pandemic, when my friend and I had a regular walking date for which we met in various locations, about 1/3 of those would be woodland hikes. (Now we walk separately and talk on the phone, and I just walk in my own neighborhood.)
    Paddle Board? Never tried it.
    Kayak? It kind of scares me.
    Sit around a fire pit/Happy Hour? I have enjoyed hanging out around many bonfires or fire pits.
    S'mores? Yes, but less and less over time.

8. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Swim in Lakes? NOPE, me and swimming not a good match.
    Swim by Waterfalls? SEE first answer, but I do love to see and hear them.
    Hike? I do.
    Paddle Board? See answer #1.
    Kayak? I will get in one and have fun if I can have a few drinks but that is about it.
    Sit around a fire pit/Happy Hour? THIS IS ME!
    S'mores? THIS IS ALSO ME!!!!!! I do like the marshmallow part and chocolate the best!

Karen likes this.
  9. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

10. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Swim in Lakes? Not many lakes around here.
    Swim by Waterfalls? Only done this once.
    Hike? As long as it's easy
    Paddle Board? Nope
    Kayak? Nope
    Sit around a fire pit/Happy Hour? We have a built in fireplace (called a braai) for bbq even in winter.
    S'mores? Yes please.

11. jk703

S'mores are a combination of: toasted over a fire pit marshmallow (light or dark as you wish), a little bit of chocolate, and those are between two graham crackers! Lightly smush together. A whole lotta yum!

[​IMG]

Angela Toucan likes this.
  12. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Swim in Lakes? Yes!! I live on a lake and have probably 5 or 6 within 30 mins of my house...so lake swimming is a must up here!!
    Swim by Waterfalls? Love swimming around waterfalls!!
    Hike? Yes, although it's tough getting my DH out for a good hike...he's not the rigourous hiking type, even though we live surrounded by mountains
    Paddle Board? Not yet...but I'm hoping to get one soon!!!
    Kayak? Yes!! We currently own 3, and am looking to pick up a couple more...need to have enough for friends to jump on!!
    Sit around a fire pit/Happy Hour? Oh yes...this is one of our favourite things to do on a nice evening!!!
    S'mores? Yes and no...my kiddos love them, but I find them way too sweet. But I will eat the odd one because they are tough to resist!! I usually splurge and get some Reese cups or some of the peanut butter cookie chocolate bars from Dairy Milk...so yummy!!!

13. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

No to all of them!

Only swimming I will even think of at my age is in a private pool at a cousin's house in FL when other people are around just in case...

I would love to see a waterfall but no swimming. Since I've never been much for hiking, I don't think starting now with bad knees is a good idea. Again, the age thing for paddle board and kayaking. Fire pits make my eyes water and I have trouble breathing. I have to shut my windows when the neighbors next door fire up their fire pit.

Just give me the chocolate out of the S'more.

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Swim in Lakes? Yes! We live by Lake Michigan so I've swam there my whole life, but I prefer smaller lakes that warm up faster! :giggle

Swim by Waterfalls? Yes!

Hike? Yes! (minus the bugs)

Paddle Board? I can't believe I still haven't tried this. I'm pretty sure I would suck at it though because I'm a klutz!

Kayak? Yes! I prefer kayaking to canoeing because they are easier to maneuver in my opinion. I've only ever white water rafted once and I felt like we were barely in control of our destiny on that trip. :giggle

Sit around a fire pit/Happy Hour? YES!!!

S'mores? I do... but now I'm more a fan of the S'moreo version. Using a mint oreo instead of the graham crackers. Which... makes it even sweeter, so I can only do ONE!

15. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Swim in Lakes? Yes!
    Swim by Waterfalls? I like the idea of it, but the ones that "allow" it are usually crowded
    Hike? Love it!!!
    Paddle Board? Never tried.
    Kayak? Yes - we own 4 kayaks!!!
    Sit around a fire pit/Happy Hour? yes!!!
    S'mores? I'm like you Jenn, I will usually have one and then just want another toasted marshmallow or two.