Any plans for this "BLANK" Monday?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Dalis, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Fill in the blank how your Monday is going.

Here the sun is behind the massive clouds. The day is a bit gloomy and right now I am envying Bianca still sleeping! I was woken up by hungry dogs. I woke up thinking they needed to pee... but nope... they just wanted their breakfast in a timely manner.
    Getting ready to start doing my exercise routine since it's been at least a week since I stopped them due to my plank/shoulder fiasco... and coming down the stairs my knee starts hurting. I am going to try to do at least one or 2 of the videos. ANYONE ELSE DOING CLOETING?

2. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

How my Monday is going

It's already hot and I had to turn the a/c on in my office before 9am. This was the first day I have had close to a full night's sleep in about 10 days from shoulder to wrist issues. I had it before and it's a combo of ache and nerve pain. There is a small muscle, nerve in the arm pit that can be the source of the issue. I've done a lot of energy work on myself and while I have a PT appointment next Tuesday, I think ...pray...it will be gone by then. Typical.

I got some CT work done, had two hard boiled eggs and 1 white peach for breakfast and there's a load of clothes in the washer set for 2pm. The cleaning crew comes today - yay! - and so next up for me is Quicken data entry. Himself is cutting the grass and when the cleaning ladies come, I'm gonna lay on the bed and read or listen to a meditation.

And keep reminding myself, not to rest my head on my left hand with elbow on the desk when I read on line!! KNIM??

not Cleoting ( had to look it up, looks like fun ) but am going to start a daily walk around my downstairs with a weight in each hand - shoulders back spine straight - starting with 2 minutes.

Dalis likes this.
  3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm at work. :giggle I will wait until I leave and then enjoy the sun and warmth! Then I'm heading back to the shore to pick up my son and his friend early... since they snuck out of the house last night and my mom caught them. Grrr... teen years! At least I'm off Thursday, and headed to Lake George for a weekend away!

Dalis likes this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I went to the dentist for my 6 month cleaning today.. i was very nervous about it but they were very clean and while some things were different, it went rather well. There was plastic coverings on everything.. it was on the chair and headrest etc I really was very pleased. so now that I am home i can relax a bit :)

Dalis likes this.
  5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm back at work today after a four day weekend of scrapping with a friend. I miss the weekend. :giggle It's SUPER hot here today, so I'm very thankful for AC! Tonight I have a Zoom meeting for my church.

Dalis likes this.
  6. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I am sooooo over today. Woke up to news of more looting in the city. Clara's work (Target) closed until things die down again. I shattered my phone. And in the next hour and a half we're supposed to have 100 mph winds, so we had to bring everything we could inside from our roof deck. Good times. Good times.

Dalis likes this.
  7. Dalis

good sleep is a good start! Hey do you think your PT would recommend KT Tape (Kinesiology tape) maybe she can even wrap it for you on the wrist and shoulder! I didn't believe it would help until I tried it. Now, it's a bit of a PITB to put depending on the area that needs to be wrapped.

Oh do you have headphones, I love walking while listening to music.

8. Dalis

Oh someone is in trouble! ok. How did you mom caught them?

9. Dalis

I need to do mine soon, our dentist already covers everything in plastic. I feel like I am in my grandma's house when I was little when I go there. LOL!!!!

cfile likes this.
  10. Dalis

OH FUN! Digi scrapping or regular?

11. Dalis

I just heard about the looting AND the winds not too long ago. GUESS WHO WENT IN HIS MOTORCYCLE TO WORK TODAY. He can't be reached while at work, so I hope someone tells him about the wind. I have a mess in my stomach!!!!!! How is Clara doing at Target? I hope people are leaving her alone!

12. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Oh gosh!!! When does he come home? I don't think the winds are supposed to last that long, so maybe he can wait them out??

She's doing well! People are back to yelling at her for the normal things like why something says it's in stock online but isn't there when they got to the store (umm... you had the wrong store selected) and why don't they carry placemats (they're a small format Target) :eyeroll She takes it all in stride though.

Karen and Dalis like this.
  13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

She went up to check on them and ask if they wanted something to eat... and the boys thought that she and my Dad fell asleep, and they snuck out. After she texted him to get his a$$ home (to me and my son), he realized the error of his ways. Then after he was home, she set an alarm to check on them in another 1 1/2 hours. :giggle She told me she was ready for this, lol!

Tree City, Karen and Dalis like this.
  14. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Now that is funny!

Dalis likes this.
  15. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Just a day at home. Walked the dog around 7:30am. Cleaned up the kitchen and started the electric slave dishwasher. Started laundry with those 2 electric slaves - 6 loads later I am almost done. Did yoga class via Zoom. Read my Bible. Played Animal Crossing. Vacuumed almost the entire downstairs (one room to go). Converted some templates into .page format for a designer. Made dinner.

Now that the dd is moved into college, started corralling her stuff from downstairs and carting it to her room. I am also looking forward to eating the foods I like that she doesn't and not having chips in the house to tempt me. The men at my house will eat anything.

And for tonight? I am thinking I really should scrap since I have not done any pages yet in August.

16. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

It's just another Manic Monday - wait - what? It's just another "Daily Rain Monday". I did get one big walk in with the walk, but now it's major thunderstorming! We call it "The Daily Rain"!

17. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Well, this morning I headed off to be tested for COVID before my surgery on Wednesday. I had to go to a specific location near my hospital. I had to follow this extremely long and winding path, and I had to drive by the entire line of cars that were already in line. They were open from 9 to 1. I got there at 9:40 and was finished at 10:50.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. She said it would feel like I got chlorine water from a pool up my nose and that was a pretty accurate assessment. Had a little bit of eye watering. Just the **thought** of having the test makes my skin crawl, but it was super quick after I made it through the line!

Here's where I started:

IMG_20200810_094337.jpg

Here's near the end of the wait. The arrow on the right shows the tent where they took my ID, insurance card, and surgery information. And wouldn't you know it? The car ahead of me had some engine trouble, so I had to wait for them to try to work that out and when they couldn't, had to maneuver my car around them.

IMG_20200810_101435.jpg

After that, I put gas in the car because the gas light came on as I was leaving (thank goodness I didn't run out of gas!) and I ran through the car wash, too. Then I had lunch and finished reading the book that I started in the car rider line. :)

Now I'm off to finish up a bunch of administrative and design duties to give myself some time off for surgery.

18. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@jk703 Oh my gosh! I snuck out of the house with a friend when I was 13. And of course we got caught. We were meeting two boys to drink wine coolers. LOL We got the middle of the field in front of my mom's house and I was wondering why they had sleeping bags and blankets. DOH!!! They had more on their minds than drinking, and I was too young and stupid and sheltered to know any better. Thank goodness for my mom being awakened by a party going on behind our house and checking on us only to find us gone. She turned on the light in my bedroom, we saw it and ran back to the front steps and were sitting there calmly when she opened the door. She thought we had been or were going to the party, which we knew nothing about. I wouldn't have gotten in so much trouble if we hadn't agreed to flash the bedroom lights to let our two male friends know we were OK and they flashed their lights back. Mama opened the door and said, OK, who's in the car? And I, being the fabulously wonderful teen that I was, innocently said, "What car?" Bwahahahaha! Oh the silliness of it all now is cracking me up, but it was SO dramatic back then. I was on phone restrictions and TV restrictions and friend restrictions for 6 weeks. It was terrible.

I hope your son and his friend realize how dangerous it is, especially these days, to leave the safety of home in the dark of night, no matter how remote the area is. Sending you loads of ((HUGS)) as you handle this!

19. Dalis

It already cleared out here!

People are sometimes terrible!

20. Dalis

OH MY!

jk703 likes this.