* Winner Announced* *CLOSED* Challenge - Creating a clipping mask | Christmas in July 28

Discussion in 'Christmas in July 2020' started by wombat146, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

here's mine, thanks for the challenge!
    [​IMG]

2. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Terrific page Michele!! and lol about the number of layers for your clipping mask!! there are never too many layers when you are creating a masterpiece! brilliant mask! as to making the camera more visible........... I would have cheated a bit :) ....... I would go back to your individual layers, below the merged clipping mask, and duplicate the camera png layer. Then move that layer up the top, above your photo (it should still be in the same position as it is in your mask) ........... then change the colour of it and play around with the opacity so it doesn't stand right out, but blends into the page more. I would even use the same colour as the background paper to recolour the camera with, that way it looks like it is still part of the mask. :) You have inspired me to do another mask today, using this idea! :)

michelepixels likes this.
  3. wombat146

Well I finally made a Christmas themed clipping mask.......... cutting it fine I know! lol!! But I was inspired by @michelepixels Michele's question about whether she could have made the camera png file she used in her clipping mask more visible. I answered her question above but I wanted to see if my idea worked so it prompted me to create this page of my hubs with our middle granddaughter a few years ago. :)
    [​IMG]

The finished mask is here:
    Mask for Christmas page.jpg

I wanted the camera on the left hand side to be more visible after I clipped the photo to it. I followed the steps I outline for Michele in the post above this one, but I also kept the visibility of the original layers turned on (in the tutorial I had turned those layers off). I am quite happy with how it turned out and had a lot of fun experimenting so thank you Michele for your question! :)

umyesh and michelepixels like this.
  4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

That makes sense! I will try soon. Thank you so much for helping! :love

wombat146 likes this.
  5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I need to try this soon! Thanks for all the inspiration!

wombat146 likes this.
  6. wombat146

oh duh!! what I forgot to add was that, apart from leaving the original layers visible I ALSO duplicated that camera layer and then moved it above the photo. I chose to leave it desaturated and changed the blend mode to Multiply. :) Sorry I missed that bit out Michele. :)

7. wombat146

Thank you to everyone that joined me for the tutorial/challenge, loved seeing everyone's fabulous layouts!! xx

Winner announced in first post. :)