**CLOSED** Q&A | Christmas in July - July 30

Discussion in 'Christmas in July 2020' started by norton94, Jul 30, 2020.

1. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Today’s activity is really Karen’s scrap tonight. So for fun, I want to hear what people have on their wish lists right now if Christmas was indeed in July. With the extra time at home, have you noticed something you need? Is there something practical or something more indulgent that you want? Spill!

--------------
    bonus - a random winner for this little pop up is michelepixels
    Congratulations :) Watch your PMs

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    umyesh likes this.
  2. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

My printer has stopped working with a printhead error so I'd love Santa to bring me a new printer.

norton94 likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Well... my birthday is in a few weeks, so my hubby has been asking me for an actual wishlist and the only thing I could tell him that I really want is a package of 2x3 paper for my little Sprocket printer. I've been going through it like crazy in my journal and will run out soon. Oh and I want a glue gun, but not a tiny little crafty one... I want a bigger one that heat up the glue faster. He says my list is lame. :giggle

patsyt and norton94 like this.
  4. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

well some snow would be lovely, but failing that a nice big fan would do too. It is beyond hot here.

norton94 likes this.
  5. garrynkim

garrynkim I'm not messy, I'm just really creative!

I want a new iPad. I have an air 2...super old and I really want to try Pro Create...is that too much to ask for?

norton94 likes this.
  6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I've been wanting a new showerhead pretty much ever since I first used the one I have a couple years ago. The water pressure through it is so inadequate! I'm actually planning to replace it soon; I just keep forgetting about it except when I'm in the shower!

We also need a new garlic press. This is a must-have in our kitchen. But my husband put ours in the dishwasher recently, which stripped it of its outer layer, revealing a gray layer underneath that is like chalky, making gray marks all over my hand. I never thought of putting it in the dishwasher because I always wash it immediately after using it; too bad I didn't catch him doing it!

norton94 likes this.
  7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

All I want for Christmas is this Corona virus to be gone and that all my loved ones and friends are healthy :)

JenEm, patsyt, HavaDrPepper and 2 others like this.
  8. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Clear sticker paper to print Becca Bonneville stickers! And more printer ink so I can print them!

patsyt, Karen and norton94 like this.
  9. norton94

Oh yes that would be dreamy... and practical at the same time!

Happy early birthday! I didn’t know there’s paper for those too?! My daughter has photo stickers for hers. She uses that every time we travel to make a travel log on the way... every night she journals and prints the highlight pics from the day. Those are so fun! Plus the industrial glue gun would feel so Martha Stewart:) official crafter!! Your hubby just doesn’t understand

oh yes here too please! Adding to my list ;)

I too would like to try out Procreate. I would love to doodle!

My son just asked for a new shower head after moving to a new apartment so that’s funny you say that! Also I’ve had that happen to my garlic press too... and I just bought the cheaters minced jars, even though I’m sure the fresh is better. You’re a practical gal ;)

Amen!!

Cool! I’ve not tried that but I bet it would be super!! I’d love to see when you get it!

michelepixels and umyesh like this.
  10. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I know it’s wishful thinking but.....a job! Every year I say.....hopefully by my birthday in July I’ll have a job then it becomes hopefully by Christmas I’ll have a job.

Practically though I’m pretty settled with what I have and most things I want/need are tied up to wherever I end up living and working

norton94 likes this.
  11. norton94

Love your attitude!! Wishes your way

12. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Michele, my husband put my nice ice cream scoop in the dishwasher. That was a no-no. Had to buy a new one. One thing I would like is a small electric drill with bits for small household projects.

norton94 and michelepixels like this.
  13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I really can't think of anything right off hand. I recently gifted myself my first order at Stitch Fix (the personal shopping service). My first box is due to arrive on August 4th. If I get a pair of jeans that I love I'll be in Heaven!

norton94 likes this.
  14. AlyciaIN

AlyciaIN Well-Known Member

I'm going to go with @cfile and wish for the corona virus vaccine and treatment medicines so that people don't have such severe cases. We would love to visit our kids and grandkids again! I'm seriously short on hugs!

norton94, HavaDrPepper and cfile like this.
  15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

The sticker paper is what I meant. They don't have regular plain paper for the Sprocket... not that I want it anyway! I absolutely love that they are sticker backed and I can just print and slap them in my journal. I love that Sydney uses her for a travel journal. Such a perfect use for that fun little printer. She's going to love having those to look back on later!

norton94 likes this.
  16. Jazz2000

Jazz2000 Active Member

I want a swimming pool. Before, we used neighbors' pools and the beach. Now, not such a good idea; especially since a lot of my neighbors are nurses (there's at least 5 in my neighborhood including 2 right next door with the pool.)

I'd also like a clean kitchen. lol

norton94 likes this.
  17. norton94

I’m a nurse too... but no pool :(
    I have to say I feel safer at work than the grocery store. At least at work we have the right protection, others are masked and tested for Covid.
    :backing

18. norton94

Congratulations to our random winner @michelepixels
    I included this fun thread in the prizes as a bonus... it was definitely entertaining to read these - thank you ALL for playing along in my banter

19. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

michelepixels and norton94 like this.