Floss?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Karen, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

So... I love to floss my teeth. I have one kind of floss I love because my teeth are nice and tightly spaced together. I have floss stashed in my bathroom, my nightstand, my desk at home, my desk at work AND in my purse. I'm out of floss everywhere except one lone container and that one is almost out. I've had floss on my grocery list for over a month and my grocery store has been out since then. I can't even get generic at this point. Lol! Eek! I might have to start stealing my kids' little floss picks.

Is this a localized thing or is everyone out of floss? Is floss the new toilet paper? :giggle

cfile likes this.
  2. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I should floss but I forget, I go for a few months and then I forget!

Karen likes this.
  3. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Oh be still my little dental hygienist heart!!! :beat I LOVE that you LOVE to floss! :yourock Me too! My favorite is Cocofloss- it's crazy expensive but it works SO good in tighter teeth (it's coated in coconut oil so it slides easily inbetween teeth) but almost yarn like- so it cleans SUPER good! [​IMG] My favorite flavor is the orange or the coconut!

And... I will literally NEVER be out of floss- I have so much stashed everywhere, and a constant supply at work! ;)

Karen likes this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I use floss toothpicks... If you really can't find floss anywhere, let me know and I can mail you some.. I have a bunch from when we go to the dentist... we prefer the floss toothpicks here.

amien1 and Karen like this.
  5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I use the toothpick version like Christa! They are in my bathroom and purse.

I'm this way with Chapstick... and a special kind too. :giggle

amien1, cfile and Karen like this.
  6. Karen

I might have to give that a try soon! :giggle I think I'd like even fancier floss! Lol! And chocolate flavored sounds tasty!

@cfile Thanks for the offer to ship me some. That's so nice of you! So far I'm not out. I think the kids also have some sample mini floss containers from their visits to the dentist too, but I'll let you know! Hee hee!

amien1 and cfile like this.
  7. Karen

I'm the same with chapsticks too. Lol.

8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm that way with lip moisturizer too (I use Ecolips).

As for floss, I always buy 2 packages of generic (and plain but waxed!) at a time and it lasts a few months, and it has been a couple months since the last time I needed to buy it. At that time it was in stock. I haven't been in the tooth care aisle since then.

Good luck!

Karen and amien1 like this.
  9. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I'm an avid flosser too. I like the Glide brand. If I buy generic it always breaks or little strings get stuck in my teeth (the worst!).

Karen and amien1 like this.
  10. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I wouldn’t say I love to floss, but I do floss regularly with the floss picks. They make flossing a breeze and are still available In stores. I probably have 20 little floss pkgs that you get at the dentist each visit since dh and I both find the other type handier. Isn’t floss a strange commodity to have a shortage?! Good luck with your floss quest.

cfile, Karen and amien1 like this.
  11. Karen

Yep. Glide is my favorite too. I HATE the little strings coming off on the generic brands!

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  12. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I don't floss as I should ...many of my good habits went to hell in this quarantine ...but I did get some new floss picks at Target this week though I have lots of little containers of the string stuff in various places. No shortages round here. I still have one in my car for that annoying bit of something when you're out. Not that there's a lot of 'out' lately.... :(

Karen likes this.
  13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I haven't weighed in on this - but if Amazon is out of something - I always think we're doomed. LOL

My "floss" is hand cream. I have it all over my house. I can't stand for my hands to be dry and during this covid season I wash my hands SO often that they feel even drier than normal. I have tubes of hand cream all over the house.

Karen likes this.
  14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I like flossing. My teeth are uneven and crooked, so I hate the floss pick things. I used to use them, until the day that one got stuck in between my teeth. I had to get out scissors and maneuver it in my mouth to cut the floss off the pick! Since that day, I only use regular floss. DH uses the picks and so does munchkin. Which means I use all the free dental floss that comes in the house. I haven't had to look, but I did have a problem finding toothpaste and the shampoo I like last week. Sigh.

Karen likes this.
  15. Karen

I also have had trouble finding the mousse that I like too. It's so weird the things that have been scarce!

bestcee and cfile like this.
  16. Karen

Good news! I found floss this morning. I went to Walgreens and they had a 3 pack of my favorite floss so I grabbed it up! :giggle They also had lots of other floss there, so I guess it's just a Meijer problem, not a global floss shortage. :giggle Phew!

bestcee likes this.
  17. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I do not think they are scarce, ,I just think it is the supply chain and either management is not ordering when low or limited supplies bringing things to the store... I have been waiting several weeks now for a few things... sometimes you can get info when it will be coming in if you ask management.

Karen likes this.
  18. Karen

Yeah, you're probably right about the supply chain thing. That makes more sense. It just makes me uneasy to have empty shelves at the store, ya know?

19. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I hate to floss, but I use a Water-pik instead.

20. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

I get my floss at Costco... I don't think they are out of it. But, I just grab an 8 or 10 pack every once in a while, lol... Of course, 7 people live in my house, so we go through it faster than some... :)

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~