junk food day | pad patter 7.21.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Jul 21, 2020.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

It's national junk food day... who knew! I'm a junk food junkie, a junk gut! I love junk food and have probably been eating junk food everyday of my life... :giggle
    [​IMG]

I'm a BIG fan of everything deep fried and/or salty. French fries topped with cheese and bacon, chips, crackers, nachos, and pizza. I also like a little sweet in there too. Things like caramels, peanut butter cups, and snack size candy bars, and milkshakes.

During this stay at home time, I've had to make a conscious effort to not eat junk food mindlessly or for comfort. I've done pretty good but I'll admit to eating more than I know I probably should have. It's especially hard when DD makes caramel popcorn, like she did yesterday. I just couldn't resist. :agree

How about you? Are you a junk food junkie? What are your favorite junk foods.

2. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Pizza, burgers, fries, onion rings, doughnuts, chips and onion dip, nachos, Austin cheese crackers with peanut butter ... Hershey Kisses and mini Baby Ruth bars when I'm wanting something sweet.

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Junk food Day? Y'all, right now it's Junk Food LIFE! lol

I'm a big candy fan, especially a good dark chocolate or a choc/PB candy. I also love fried foods, and isn't there some type of archaeological or sociological study that was done proving we "need" fat because our ancestors needed to store it in case of a bad hunting/gathering season? (Or did I make this up in order to excuse my naughty eating habits LOL?)

Having said all that, lately I've been craving comfort food from my childhood. Mac N Cheese (that MnC thread was awesome!), Airheads, spinach dip, mozza sticks, Wheat Thins (they were my brother's fave, so I think of him when I grab the box). Dang, recently I asked DH to get tater tots as the side for my bday dinner! Talk about a childhood food. :D

Memaw2Wm and keepscrappin like this.
  4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I still love potato chips but buy them barely once a month. Recently I discovered a healthier crunchy salty food:
    Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 5.29.47 PM.png from veganrobs.com
    They have the same texture as cheese puffs but they're made with veggies and nutritional yeast. Bonus: no orange fingers! :D

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

CANDY! I love candy bars!

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. keepscrappin

All of this! We've had the junk food life during SIP. I've definitely been storing fat with my cave woman genes... :giggle

We have also craved comfort foods and DD makes tater tots 3 or 4 times a week. If she doesn't like what I'm cooking for dinner, she throws tater tots in the oven and eats those instead. Tater tots were one thing I stocked the freezer with every time I found them in the store when all the shelves in store were bare. I checked for them every time I went to grocery shopping and bought a couple of bags. The whole basket in the bottom of my freezer had tater tots in it. I noticed the other day that it needs restocked again.

Tree City likes this.
  7. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I like some of what you call junk food, but most of the cooked stuff I make myself,(half the amount of fat and salt for sure ) like wings, ribs,burgers,hot dogs. The rest I don't call junk food I call it dessert LoL. I am a big ice cream fan , and I love cream cakes.

keepscrappin and Tree City like this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I would eat it every day and used to. My stomach is pretty sensitive so I have to be careful what I put in it. Sad, I know, but that's life for me. I enjoy watching my family eating stuff. Hahaha

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. keepscrappin

dessert sounds way better than junk food... lol

10. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Pizza!!!! Is that really junk food though. I mean it has all the basic food groups.

Everything else in the picture I have an easy time saying no to but not pizza.

I am a fan of brownies, ice cream, chocolate and peanut butter.

11. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

When I'm craving junk food, I'm like a deer in search of a good salt lick: which is to say, I'm looking for potato chips, nicely salted, and never mind the sodium content...

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. keepscrappin

I crave potato chips too! They’re so addicting... I can’t eat just one! :backing

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am definitely a junk food junkie, especially since this pandemic hit. We did a lot of stress eating at the beginning. My oldest son and I took turns making batches of chocolate chip cookies for the first few months. Oops! :giggle I used to be a huge sweet tooth person, but lately, my junk food choices are veering a little more towards salty snacks.

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. keepscrappin

the pandemic didn’t help with my sweet tooth either. DD and I made lots of treats and tried out new treat recipes too. That’s how we got hooked on her caramel popcorn. It was a recipe for her foods class that she had to make for an assignment when schools were shuttered.

15. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

Popcorn is one of my favorites but I can’t eat it yet (just had some wisdom teeth removed), chocolate mint brownies made by a neighbor ( the best kind) and I have been craving grilled cheese sandwiches...thinking of experimenting with different insides....hum...oh, and Italian ice pops (think Otter pops but much better)! This post is making me hungry!

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. keepscrappin

We love popcorn here too, especially from the movie theater with lots of butter! And grill cheese and italian ice...YUM! We both have great brownie neighbors. Mine makes the best caramel brownies. They're cooked through, yet the caramel inside is ooey and gooey, YUM! I could eat the whole pan by myself! :giggle